The North London Derby (Home)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Perhaps our expectations have raised too much.
We are 5th, (have never been regulars in the top 4) and by all accounts performing badly.
I think with the inevitable implosion of ManU we all had expectations that were perhaps unreasonable.....
Plus sacking a manager and 7 new players would never help.
We do have players that don't cut the mustard, lack direction, perpetually look naff on the break, fragile in defence, easy for teams to sit back on........ but we're still 5th.
Reckon we need a few players to gel, some positions to be looked at (left back, right wing - lamella can fill this, striker - ade isn't the long term answer sorry) and our board to bloody back a manger through good and bad times....

Shame that I can only click 'agree' once....

I don't think we're expecting too much. Look at Liverpools squad - Rodgers is working miracles with that, They've got countless average players and look at where they are. With a bit of direction (A decent manager that knows how to get the best out of the players we have) there's no reason we can't do similar.
They have Suarez..... nobody came in with 100mil bid for him and if they did , they would have sold.
Suarez for all his antics is world class.
We lost a world class player, lost a manager, possibly didn't get the players we wanted and are still 5th with 7 new squad players and an interim manager. and you're comparing our current season to liverpools current season when it would be more relevant to compare it liverpools last (manager wise)

Technically, isn't Timmy on a provisional license (by reference to his unqualified manager status)

He needed Van Gaal in the passenger seat, teaching him how to use the controls without messing up said Bentley

Technically. Timmy's provisional is in the post. I'll be honest the idea of van gaal taking over and job sharing 2 jobs wouldn't have appealed.

Avb should never have been sacked. The real buck stops with frankie and Teflon Dan.

Technically. Timmy's provisional is in the post. I'll be honest the idea of van gaal taking over and job sharing 2 jobs wouldn't have appealed.

Avb should never have been sacked. The real buck stops with frankie and Teflon Dan.

How long did the FA say he had to get his Pro License? Maybe the Gillet is like an 'L' plate.

Learner's Gillet

I say the buck stops with the fans, if the fans were behind AVB and didn't boo the shite out of the team at the lane he would never have been sacked.

But it happened, I'm not too fussed that it has, as it was clear he never really loved us anyway, we were the rebound.

Again, all available evidence points to AVB and Levy both wanting to part, not a sacking.

I don't think it was a terrible decision, I just hope this season the pieces fall into place
Hmmm. I get your point and probably agree. Maybe in the end they should have tried harder? Disastrous for us mid season and once again a nearly team

Can't wait for this season to be over. It doesn't look like we can get anything out of the remaining games, not even some extra chemistry for the team.

Hmmm. I get your point and probably agree. Maybe in the end they should have tried harder? Disastrous for us mid season and once again a nearly team

I see it as a bit of a metaphor.

Some times you can build a wall, only to notice that it's just not safe and is leaning badly. It's okay to try and suggest you keep trying, but sometimes you've just got to knock it down and start again.

The wall was AVB's football. He probably felt like the team were resistant to what he was trying to do anyway, so wanted the pay off enough for it to not be a straight walk out.

If it were anything but backroom bitching and backstabbing, we would have heard about it in the papers by now. No doubt Levy has a confidentiality clause, but i think Jesus knows

buddy_christ_thumb_200x212.jpg

Jorge Jesus, that is :)

How long did the FA say he had to get his Pro License? Maybe the Gillet is like an 'L' plate.

Learner's Gillet

I say the buck stops with the fans, if the fans were behind AVB and didn't boo the shite out of the team at the lane he would never have been sacked.

But it happened, I'm not too fussed that it has, as it was clear he never really loved us anyway, we were the rebound.

Oh. It was our fault. Pmsl.

Fucking hell mate. I've got asthma ffs.

Oh. It was our fault. Pmsl.

Fucking hell mate. I've got asthma ffs.

Huh? I'm not sure I understood that post.

But what I was getting at is, if the fans want a manager to stay, you stick with them through thick and thin. If the stadium rings out with Booing even when the team wins, the board will naturally think "they don't like or want this guy", surely?

I don't think we're expecting too much. Look at Liverpools squad - Rodgers is working miracles with that, They've got countless average players and look at where they are. With a bit of direction (A decent manager that knows how to get the best out of the players we have) there's no reason we can't do similar.

Just to add to this, look at Liverpool last season, but they stuck by Rodgers. If that had been us, we'd have sacked Rodgers.

For all his merits, sometimes Levy has to realise that to take 2 steps forward, you have to take a step back.
Our club currently is consumed by achieving top 4 at all costs and it being seen as a failure if we fail to achieve it.

WE AREN'T A REGULAR TOP 4 TEAM!! and have no right to cruise into that position!

More communication from our board, appoint a decent manger and back him... accept we may drop in the league while trying to get things right.

"Direction" comes from the top, and in a way that you didn't mean.... Yes look at Liverpool. They backed him, accepted a drop in form while he got things right and look at them now. Yes They kept Suarez but as I said before they never received a bid that was insane and you can't speculate on the what if's (if we'd kept bale, if we'd got moutinho).

Levy has been good for us, but he's not perfect and I believe that in his obsession for top 4, perhaps he's lost sight of the best way to achieve it

Huh? I'm not sure I understood that post.

But what I was getting at is, if the fans want a manager to stay, you stick with them through thick and thin. If the stadium rings out with Booing even when the team wins, the board will naturally think "they don't like or want this guy", surely?

No. The fans have very little power. Levy got rid of avb because he was scathing over his and Frankie's signings.

Levy is a bald peacock. No one must cross him.

Have you been to the lane yet my friend?

No. The fans have very little power. Levy got rid of avb because he was scathing over his and Frankie's signings.

Levy is a bald peacock. No one must cross him.

Have you been to the lane yet my friend?

Of course.

I don't think you get what I mean though; it wasn't as if we had a Malky Mackay situation going on - unfortunately there's a large proportion of the fan base who we unwilling to accept AVB, and a separate proportion who think we should still be as exciting to watch as Redknapp's spurs. I think, at the time certainly, that the majority wanted him gone.

In short - I don't think there was the support from the fans to have made anyone outside the club think that we wanted him to stay.

Part of me wishes out supporter's trust or 1882 had a bit more media exposure so that they could represent, or at least, express our thoughts in public or to the attention of the board

Of course.

I don't think you get what I mean though; it wasn't as if we had a Malky Mackay situation going on - unfortunately there's a large proportion of the fan base who we unwilling to accept AVB, and a separate proportion who think we should still be as exciting to watch as Redknapp's spurs. I think, at the time certainly, that the majority wanted him gone.

In short - I don't think there was the support from the fans to have made anyone outside the club think that we wanted him to stay.

Part of me wishes out supporter's trust or 1882 had a bit more media exposure so that they could represent, or at least, express our thoughts in public or to the attention of the board

But that is the job of a chairman. Stay cool in the times of need. We were doing fine, goal difference aside, we could see albeit slowly, a formation.

The fact those players brought in for a hundred million were shit wasn't AVBs fault. He still continued on a plan.

I wish he was given free reign over the 100m cos levy fucked it.

The twat

I was traveling all day and didn't get to see shit that happened, but I know we lost. Not surprising.

Can anyone give me a quick recap, preferably in haiku form, so I don't have to read through 40 pages of what I'm sure is drudgery.

Back
Top Bottom