The North London Derby (Home)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For the first time (I know, I know) I am questioning the board. Ludicrous to replace AVB with a guy that the players know is not long term. It was obvious at the start that there was a lack of discipline.

Team looked better than it has for a long time. All the players put in a real shift and the mentality was great.

That's two at least.

Totally agree. Thought the squad played very well today. Other then a few mistakes early in the 1st half we looked great. Gets me excited for Thursday when we can get revenge on those flops from Lisbon! We got this. COYS!!

For the first time (I know, I know) I am questioning the board. Ludicrous to replace AVB with a guy that the players know is not long term. It was obvious at the start that there was a lack of discipline.

Again, all available evidence points to AVB and Levy both wanting to part, not a sacking.

I don't think it was a terrible decision, I just hope this season the pieces fall into place

I'm not surprised at all with the current situation. You take a team of new faces that are lacking understanding, sack the manager after less than half a season with them, put in a inexperienced guy who everyone knows is only a temporary in charge, change the 11 every week and play with no clear strategy.... What did we expect?

Again, all available evidence points to AVB and Levy both wanting to part, not a sacking.

I don't think it was a terrible decision, I just hope this season the pieces fall into place

On the money here. I would really like to know what happened there. AVB's body language completely changed about 3 weeks into the season and there has to be a reason.

This season is over mate. He sold our stars that weren't for sale, panic bought a bunch of lemons, then blamed the men he put in charge for not reaching ridiculous expectations.

No reason to be happy about the performance. Whoever said big teams let us have the ball knowing we can't do anything with it is spot on. As soon as they'd scored they just sat back waiting for another chance to break. We had no clear cut chances that we should have scored, it was all pot shots and wild crosses to no one. Woolwich had it wrapped up from that first minute and their two centre backs weren't troubled one bit.

It's all a bit fucking heart breaking.

I

gif-fuck-everything-709522.gif

Thank you , that just made me lose a mouthful of beer out my nose

ArseAnal really bring out the worst in me!! Fucking hate their cunty smug-cunt fans who only started singing in the final minute once victory was 'assured'... Smug gloating pricks!!
And as for whatever that was going on outside afterwards.... What was that? A scuffle...? A gloat fest??? Hard to tell really amongst all the scum waving their fresh-out-of-the-packet bar scarves!
Still, no doubt they'll do the double or something close to it now, and the past 9 years will be forgotten!
Can't they all please fuck off and die soon??

No reason to be happy about the performance. Whoever said big teams let us have the ball knowing we can't do anything with it is spot on. As soon as they'd scored they just sat back waiting for another chance to break. We had no clear cut chances that we should have scored, it was all pot shots and wild crosses to no one. Woolwich had it wrapped up from that first minute and their two centre backs weren't troubled one bit.

Mourinho said that, and he was right.

On the money here. I would really like to know what happened there. AVB's body language completely changed about 3 weeks into the season and there has to be a reason.

A lot of stuff was said, none of which I know as fact, but I've heard
  • AVB wasn't happy Levy let PSG have permission to speak to him after what he felt was a successful first season (felt undervalued)
  • He wasn't happy Bale was sold
  • He wasn't happy that his preferred targets were missed (Moutinho, Hulk etc)
  • He wasn't happy that BAE and Ade's transfers failed to materialise
  • He fell out with Freund
  • Lack of support from the club, where he thought he could have a project by his own rules, but the footballing decisions were influenced heavily by Levy & key staff (rumoured to be Sherwood,Ferdinand and co)
I don't know how much is even slightly substantiated, but something odd definitely went on, the fact nothing has really been said officially by the club suggests that it was perhaps a little odd.

What I am sure of is that he wasn't "replaced" and the "axe" didn't fall, least not quite in a clear cut footballing way.

This is fucking horrible. This is the one result I feared most. Another narrow defeat to these cunts. I was desperate for a win. Even a draw would have been pallatable. But the players show a bit of passion, we finish up with fuck-all, and suddenly the pressures off Sherwood...Or so it seems reading the post match comments on here. For fuck sake, I`d rather have seen a 0-5 spanking. At least the pressure would have been intolerable and the axe might have fallen. But now it seems everythings rosy again. Fucking Hell.
You want Sherwood to be fired before the end of the season? Why? Season is over and the top managerial candidates aren't available until the summer. May as well leave him there until May. Not as if we're going to be relegated.

As an aside, North London Derbies used to be fun games with spirited attacking football. Now they are horrendous to watch. Our side had been gutted of any creative guile and Wenger seems to have no interest in having a go anymore.

I'm not even that upset, we were the much better team and Woolwich spent 90 minutes defending a one goal lead like Stoke or Bolton would. If that's how the self professed bastion of attacking football wants to win against us then more power to him. Our side as devoid or any creativity not named Gareth Bale for two years but we at least put in a effort filled performance today.

The fact that Wenger had to resort to absolute dross negative result football to beat this side TWICE is much more embarrassing than us losing 1-0. We'll be better next season and I hope he tries this same shit again.
I don't understand the mentality of "why did he defend a lead at the end?! disgusting!" What else is he supposed to do, try and attack when they onus is on us to get the goal? It's exactly how we ended up a goal down. Don't forget that Woolwich did have a tendency of throwing away leads going for 5 goals a game, and now that Wenger has actually learnt to not make stupid decisions they are challenging or the league while we keep making the same errors.

This is the difference between an experience manager and Tim Bob-a-job.

This season is over mate. He sold our stars that weren't for sale, panic bought a bunch of lemons, then blamed the men he put in charge for not reaching ridiculous expectations.

I'm not really convinced that any of those things happened. I'm 99.9% sure that all the transfers were done before Bale was officially sold; Soldado Chadli & Paulinho over a month before.
In addition, Baldini is responsible for transfers, as evidenced by Lamela, so I wouldn't say any "lemons" were "panic bought" by Levy.

I also don't recall him blaming anyone at all, nor there being any expectations made public. I liked AVB all but for our performance on the field, but even I can see he bottled it and walked out just as much as he was asked to leave.

It's not Timmy's fault. If someone gave you the keys of a Bentley and said 'go on have a ride around on this' you would.

So don't blame Timmy.

Technically, isn't Timmy on a provisional license (by reference to his unqualified manager status)

He needed Van Gaal in the passenger seat, teaching him how to use the controls without messing up said Bentley

Back
Top Bottom