The North London Derby (Home)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope the old AVB-debate of how Sherwood has 'turned it around' is finally squashed like a worthless little maggot in the gutter. Honey-moon joker.

We've been found out in all the top games and are now 5 points further than 4th compared to when AVB was sacked (9 in total although City have 3 games in hand so that could well be 12. Yes, that is TWELVE)

Fucking joke of a decision to sack a manager half-way through the season and even more of a joke to replace him with a 2-bob glorified PE teacher.

Best transfer window in ages wasted in a circus of a season. Well done, DL

:avbfu:

Last edited:
Well considering today marked Sherwood 14th league game and AVB was fired after 16 now is a good time to compare.

AVB: 16 played: 8 wins, 3 draws, 5 losses, 27 points. 15 goals scored, 21 conceded, -5 goal differential. 1.69 points per game.
Sherwood: 14 played: 8 wins, 2 draws, 4 losses, 26 points. 21 goals scored, 17 conceded, +4 goal differential. 1.85 points per game.

Considering Liverpool is almost a guaranteed loss, they are probably going to end up with near identical records. Now I understand the point of view that AVB shouldn't have been sacked for continuity sake but the emerging narrative that AVB could do no wrong and we would be in a better place with him... Well I don't see how anyone can argue that except due to a personal antipathy towards Sherwood. Viewed objectively, the season has been largely the same under both except they have different weaknesses.

I've spilled more words on this than necessary because neither will be our manager come August when hope will spring eternal. Hopefully, our touchline will instead be inhabited by a three time Champions League Finalist who has won La Liga, Eredivisie, and Bundesliga titles.

Had a dream we played an 8 all draw this morning...fuck. Anyway I still feel that having a team with lamela, holtby and eriksen behind the striker will do wonders. Of course i want sandro/capoue behind them . Obviously we need a complete restructuring of our defence because its not good enough. Keep walker, chriches, verts?, everyone else must go.

Had a dream we played an 8 all draw this morning...fuck. Anyway I still feel that having a team with lamela, holtby and eriksen behind the striker will do wonders. Of course i want sandro/capoue behind them . Obviously we need a complete restructuring of our defence because its not good enough. Keep walker, chriches, verts?, everyone else must go.

lol you mean our lb?

your idea of a complete re-structuring and mine are worlds apart..

still I shouldn't expect too much from a bloke who is yet to know what a pussy smells like...

Well considering today marked Sherwood 14th league game and AVB was fired after 16 now is a good time to compare.

AVB: 16 played: 8 wins, 3 draws, 5 losses, 27 points. 15 goals scored, 21 conceded, -5 goal differential. 1.69 points per game.
Sherwood: 14 played: 8 wins, 2 draws, 4 losses, 26 points. 21 goals scored, 17 conceded, +4 goal differential. 1.85 points per game.

Considering Liverpool is almost a guaranteed loss, they are probably going to end up with near identical records.
………….BUT! ….with the same players?

They're celebrating beating us 1-0 like they just won their coveted 4th place trophy, how the mighty fall, thought we played well, just as mourinho said, we have all that possession but we do nothing with it and don't out any teams under threat, we just pass it constantly

They have Suarez..... nobody came in with 100mil bid for him and if they did , they would have sold.
Suarez for all his antics is world class.
We lost a world class player, lost a manager, possibly didn't get the players we wanted and are still 5th with 7 new squad players and an interim manager. and you're comparing our current season to liverpools current season when it would be more relevant to compare it liverpools last (manager wise)

I'm saying that they stuck with their manager when they were doing piss poor last season and look how that's turned out for them. We should've done the same. Rodgers bought in a bunch of new players, they had a settling in period last season and now look at them. Suarez/Bale is irrelevant.

They're celebrating beating us 1-0 like they just won their coveted 4th place trophy, how the mighty fall, thought we played well, just as mourinho said, we have all that possession but we do nothing with it and don't out any teams under threat, we just pass it constantly

First time they've beaten us at home since '07. Not very good for a club in much better financial situation than us really is it?

Gutted yesterday....we deserved at least a draw from that game only a shot that 9 time out of 10 would have gone high and wide beat us. That said though i thought we played slightly better than we have but still not good enough for the squad we have. as soon as i saw the team i just looked at out fullbacks and died a little inside. the hissy fit was the highlight really

Just cant wait for this season to end now from having tim in charge to protests outside the ground its just been a shambles from the moment we sacked AVB

I was pleased with Chadli yesterday, thought he played very well.
That's why I was so surprised with the Siggy substitution - Chadli was trying to make things happen, he was strong and held the ball up well I thought - showed a good burst of pace on a few occasions too. Yes he should have scored, but at least he was in the position to do so in the first place.

Siggy was a passenger, can't influence a game on the left bar the odd-occasion when he cracks a beaut with his right foot. Would have much rather Lennon came on and seen Townsend move out to the left.

Soldado needed to come on 10 minutes before he did, and Bentaleb should have been the one to make way in my opinion.

Chadli, like Siggy just isn't THAT player... You know the one,.. The type of player who lives for the big occasion, and who keeps a cool head in a stressful situation.
Both of them would probably flourish at a mid-table team like Southampton or Villa.... Then again, if they stay here, and we continue the 'progress' we have made, then I'm sure we can take them to that level!!

Back
Top Bottom