The mighty Spurs v West Ham. 12.30 K.O - 27th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

this is their cup final, do we need top 4 more than a CL final ?
I think we need the top 4, just to ensure extra money for us and less money for 1 of the chasing 3.
we need to put out a strong brave team against wham, then left the ajax team selection take care of its self

Its the results end of the season..this is what players play for..there athletes and there care and emphasis on recovery between games is second to none..you play your best team and win the game first..there are no easy games in the prem and we meet a team who raise there game to another level twice a season v us..slap them down and let them.know there place then think about ajax...you start giving 1/4 and you become completley unproffesional and you come unstuck..

I think Poch will make a couple of changes, namely Sanchez, Davies, Dier and possibly Foyth but tend to think he'll go quite strong again for this. He knows how important it is to finish in the top 4. He mentions it constantly in interviews 'to keep our position in the table' etc and that was even when we had a 10 point buffer. We've had a massive scare over the last couple of months being brought back into the top 4 race and now the momentum has slightly shifted in our favour again over the last few days I'd think he'd be loathed to lose that.

Its the results end of the season..this is what players play for..there athletes and there care and emphasis on recovery between games is second to none..you play your best team and win the game first..there are no easy games in the prem and we meet a team who raise there game to another level twice a season v us..slap them down and let them.know there place then think about ajax...you start giving 1/4 and you become completley unproffesional and you come unstuck..
*they're
*their
*completely
*unprofessional

sorry :pochbye:

Yep.Ajax shouldn't even be mentioned until saturday afternoon

That was Millwall, wasn't it?
Nope...

Son Heung-min, the Tottenham Hotspur forward, said the West Ham fans will have understood why he celebrated his goal against them on Thursday night with a shushing gesture.

West Ham last year “unreservedly condemned” a supporter who racially abused the South Korean in a video that was circulated on social media. In the clip, a man who identified himself as a West Ham fan asked Son if he “does DVDs”, a reference which is used as a racial slur against an Asian person.

“It was nothing special,” Son said. “I don’t want to talk about it. I think they knew why I did it and that’s it.”

This should do it

r1lct4.jpg

Bench could be:
Gazza
Foyth
Rose
Wanyama
Eriksen
Lucas

I want Son to make an ass of Zabaleta and hopefully pull two yellows on him. Spammers not being Brighton there will defenitly be space behind their defenders, so lots of deep runs from Dele, and hopefully Lamela will be sharp enough to search him out. KWP and Skipp need to be alert as we won't want to see Felipe Anderson get into the game. A brace from Janssen and we should be home safe.

Has to be the strongest team. Surely?

Stronger team gives us the best chance of 3 points which in turn gives us the best chance of securing Champions League football next season.

We could basically secure top four this weekend and if we do, brilliant. We can rest players against Bournemouth.

We need 3 points, United win and Woolwich not to win to secure top 4. GD doesn't matter, there is no chance 3 other teams could make it up in final games.

You've got to look at our team selection options, think about the fact we're juggling this and a Champions League semi final on Tuesday, and wonder how the media don't point it out as a talking point.

We shouldn't even be thinking about Ajax. The only thing that matters is Saturday 12.30. We can assess our options for Tuesday at 2.30 on Saturday.

The manager needs to impress upon the team that he'll not tolerate players pulling out of challenges, in order not to not risk injury. If they do they risk their place on Tuesday (he'll need to do this with a straight face as everyone knows we have limited options for Tuesday!)

At the moment, only 3 points on Saturday matters. Come on lads.

Back
Top Bottom