The mighty Spurs v West Ham. 12.30 K.O - 27th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know WH will fight for this and would always want to win this one. BUT id be happy with fresh legs and no injuries for Ajax, yes it would be a risk, but for me Tuesday is about making history.

Who cares if they score a fucking goal, it would be hilarious to see them celebrate it for years.

q0QD5cd.jpg

Son'll be massively up for this one.

There's no way he's forgotten about all their "DVD" racist bullshit.

Keep our heads, be smart and know they'll be pumped. Realistically with how it's looking I think we just need to be wary of counter attacks and set pieces. Yesterday's result was absolutely massive as it gives us one out at least. No silly boy tackles or behaviours and I think we'll pick them off

Keep our heads, be smart and know they'll be pumped. Realistically with how it's looking I think we just need to be wary of counter attacks and set pieces. Yesterday's result was absolutely massive as it gives us one out at least. No silly boy tackles or behaviours and I think we'll pick them off
After last night, I'm just excited to see our players up against a team who might actually consider leaving their own box.
:pochshock:

After last night, I'm just excited to see our players up against a team who might actually consider leaving their own box.
:pochshock:

Imagine the meltdown if we see a team consisting of Gazzaniga, Walker-Peters, Foyth, Sanchez, Davies, Dier, Skipp, Lamela, Eriksen, Son & Janssen (which by the way I would love to be in the position to field a few days before Ajax). I'm not swaying we should but imagine how great that would be if we just had 3-4 more points and we're home and hosed

Imagine the meltdown if we see a team consisting of Gazzaniga, Walker-Peters, Foyth, Sanchez, Davies, Dier, Skipp, Lamela, Eriksen, Son & Janssen (which by the way I would love to be in the position to field a few days before Ajax). I'm not swaying we should but imagine how great that would be if we just had 3-4 more points and we're home and hosed
Eriksen never gets dropped .... even when dicking around :dembelelol:

Just rest all the key players for Saturday game!

Gazzaniga
KWP—Foyth —Sanchez —Davies
Dier
Skipp — Eriksen
Son — Jansen — Moura
If Lamela is available, bring him on after 60min to replace Eriksen.
Bring on Llorente to replace Moura to prevent /minimise chances of injury.
Bring on Wanyama (or Winks) to replace Dier (or Son) warm up for next week game

Looking at the table, we most likely need 3 more points to secure CL Football next season.

Pretty sure the team (reserves) that I suggested above can do the job against the Spammers

Just rest all the key players for Saturday game!

Gazzaniga
KWP—Foyth —Sanchez —Davies
Dier
Skipp — Eriksen
Son — Jansen — Moura
If Lamela is available, bring him on after 60min to replace Eriksen.
Bring on Llorente to replace Moura to prevent /minimise chances of injury.
Bring on Wanyama (or Winks) to replace Dier (or Son) warm up for next week game

If we had an extra 3-4 points I'd be absolutely fine with this but we are still one bad result & an Woolwich + Chelsea win from being right back in the thick of it. We simply cannot afford complacency when, in theory a good win could ensure we only have to focus on the Champions League as the season draws to a close.

This team would be ideal for me, but only if we were mathematically assured of top 4 which we aren't.

I'd play a few of them, but not all of them.

If we had an extra 3-4 points I'd be absolutely fine with this but we are still one bad result & an Woolwich + Chelsea win from being right back in the thick of it. We simply cannot afford complacency when, in theory a good win could ensure we only have to focus on the Champions League as the season draws to a close.

This team would be ideal for me, but only if we were mathematically assured of top 4 which we aren't.

I'd play a few of them, but not all of them.

Given Chelsea plays ManU and Woolwich away to Leicester next, and also both teams will be looking forward to their semi final matches in EL, I think we will just need 3 more points to secure top4.

Given Chelsea plays ManU and Woolwich away to Leicester next, and also both teams will be looking forward to their semi final matches in EL, I think we will just need 3 more points to secure top4.

I tend to agree, however we always know football has its way of throwing results up that aren't expected. For me we have a buffer and as desperate as I am for us to have a fully fresh, week long rested first XI going into that Ajax game I don't think we can fall victim of our own slackness and comfort. The momentum is with us at the moment and the last thing we want to do is leave the door ajar for the tams chasing us who all play a day after we play West Ham. We desperately need Lamela, Winks & Aurier back as soon as possible.

Back
Top Bottom