The mighty Spurs v West Ham. 12.30 K.O - 27th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have to admit that I typically enjoy this game more in recent years since Woolwich also became shit. I think it's because it does seem to matter to West Ham fans, they really really care about this match, the idea of beating us is their reward for another pointless season as an inferior also-ran. The phrase that comes to mind when I think of West Ham is "aw, bless" because they try so hard but are also so shit. At least they give us a proper game though, that's what football should be about. It would be nice to dismantle them for a laugh really, but I can't see how you motivate our players for this when they have their mind on a CL semi-final in 3 days' time. Tough one for Poch. I'd honestly be happy with a win of any kind and even a draw would not upset me too much given this game will be out of mind almost immediately.
Yeah, totally agree! I think they'll take an away goal as a major victory, though. Since it'll be historic.
So, I'm not worried about losing, but we've got to keep a clean sheet, too.

I would love to be a fly on the wall when Levy shows Brady and the Dildo brother's around the chairmans swete in the New Lane. Imagine the look on their grubby faces.

Not sure about that. It's become Woolwich's World Cup Final to play us in recent seasons. But I get the sense West Ham fans are coming to terms with the fact that the distance between the clubs has become an unbridgeable gulf due to the respective decisions of both clubs' hierarchies, and there's no hope of that situation changing. No Hope. None.

I always wonder if West Ham would switch their rivalry to Woolwich or Chelsea should we continue to process and those clubs continue to regress , this whole "arch rival" shite was created by the Sky generation and has grown into Full blown hatred since the millennium, my theory is they just clung onto the nearest big London club in terms of league position and current prospects that they could to try and become relevant and give themselves identity , they will do anything to discredit us and say we aren't a big club but we are and will always will be in English football not the biggest but imo by any conceivable way to measure a club we are easily top 6.

Woolwich are and will always be a big club whether we like it or not and you have to say Chelsea have become a big club in the last 20 years whether that is sustained in the next 20 years is another question , I believe if Tottenham pull away from Woolwich and Chelsea in the next 20 years and West Ham don't miraculously come up with a sustainable solution for continual success in and around the top of the PL and CL then I can definitely see the fans of West Ham giving far less relevance to us and painting a target on the other top London clubs , they chose us because we were floundering around like a beached Whale for 15 years going nowhere and failing every year they thought they could gain parity and have chased that carrot ever since they thought the massive gap we created would be bridged and doubled in their favour because of an athletics stadium with a soggy soap stained carpet and watched all their eggs in that basket shatter in a moment 😂 "Is it in football mode yet" 😂😂😂

I already see their fans caring less about us if Woolwich or Chelsea become shit (by their own standards) and start putting in 7-10th place finishes ( dreamland for West ham fans) I guarantee West Ham will become their "arch rivals" just like the ice cream firm always looking for the softest touch.

I would love to be a fly on the wall when Levy shows Brady and the Dildo brother's around the chairmans swete in the New Lane. Imagine the look on their grubby faces.

Scabby minged cunt has an ego like Teflon nothing can pierce it she'll probably spend her whole visit playing one upmanship because she has a new carpet and believing she has come out on top.

Last edited:
I always wonder if West Ham would switch their rivalry to Woolwich or Chelsea should we continue to process and those clubs continue to regress , this whole "arch rival" shite was created by the Sky generation and has grown into Full blown hatred since the millennium, my theory is they just clung onto the nearest big London club in terms of league position and current prospects that they could to try and become relevant and give themselves identity , they will do anything to discredit us and say we aren't a big club but we are and will always will be in English football not the biggest but imo by any conceivable way to measure a club we are easily top 6.

Woolwich are and will always be a big club whether we like it or not and you have to say Chelsea have become a big club in the last 20 years whether that is sustained in the next 20 years is another question , I believe if Tottenham pull away from Woolwich and Chelsea in the next 20 years and West Ham don't miraculously come up with a sustainable solution for continual success in and around the top of the PL and CL then I can definitely see the fans of West Ham giving far less relevance to us and painting a target on the other top London clubs , they chose us because we were floundering around like a beached Whale for 15 years going nowhere and failing every year they thought they could gain parity and have chased that carrot ever since they thought the massive gap we created would be bridged and doubled in their favour because of an athletics stadium with a soggy soap stained carpet and watched all their eggs in that basket shatter in a moment 😂 "Is it in football mode yet" 😂😂😂

I already see their fans caring less about us if Woolwich or Chelsea become shit (by their own standards) and start putting in 7-10th place finishes ( dreamland for West ham fans) I guarantee West Ham will become their "arch rivals" just like the ice cream firm always looking for the softest touch.

West Ham's a genuine local rival by geography alone. My peak going to Spurs years were late 80s to early 90s and it was probably my favourite away game. Could be a proper scary place to go to and always a great atmosphere. It's kind of a little bid sad that game's disappeared and there's just that shithole in Stratford now. It's all a bit Icarus flying too close to the sun. They should have stayed at Upton Park and developed it the best they could, just doesn't feel like playing West Ham anymore and there fans just seem to be getting ever more apathetic.

West Ham's a genuine local rival by geography alone. My peak going to Spurs years were late 80s to early 90s and it was probably my favourite away game. Could be a proper scary place to go to and always a great atmosphere. It's kind of a little bid sad that game's disappeared and there's just that shithole in Stratford now. It's all a bit Icarus flying too close to the sun. They should have stayed at Upton Park and developed it the best they could, just doesn't feel like playing West Ham anymore and there fans just seem to be getting ever more apathetic.

I can certainly understand local rivalry but the what I don't understand is the emphasis they place on us and that no rivalry at all exists between them and Woolwich or any other London club except for Chelsea , that fan base would be delighted for Woolwich to pinch top 4 off of us and would celebrate it like their own as proved from previous campaigns.

Back
Top Bottom