The Mighty Spurs - Swans

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Swansea are awful and a sneaked win against a Watford side that is dropping through the league like a stone doesn’t mean we should be worried about this match.

Earlier this season, the Woolwich match thread was full of people saying we’d smash them into next week and now this one has everyone saying that Swansea is a tough match. Us Spurs fans are a strange breed, that’s for sure.
We should be taking every match seriously. To go around like billy big bollocks is a recipe for failure. It's not cowardice or a loser mentality to take your opposition seriously. It's rather a sign of professionalism by taking them seriously.

We should be taking every match seriously. To go around like billy big bollocks is a recipe for failure. It's not cowardice or a loser mentality to take your opposition seriously. It's rather a sign of professionalism by taking them seriously.
I’m aware the players need to take the match seriously. Just not sure why there’s such a fear of Swansea amongst the fans on here. There are some truly bad teams this season but they could well be the worst.

I’m aware the players need to take the match seriously. Just not sure why there’s such a fear of Swansea amongst the fans on here. There are some truly bad teams this season but they could well be the worst.
We have a good record against them, but it has rarely been easy. Often only a goal in it, with the winner coming very late on.

Many teams rotated yesterday and whilst we will have had 7 days rest, who will be rested for the Spammers match only 48 hours later. Expect FB's, Dembele and Son to be rested. With Lamela and either Sissoko or Winks as replacement we are still strong. It will be a different matter if Kane cannot play.

Many teams rotated yesterday and whilst we will have had 7 days rest, who will be rested for the Spammers match only 48 hours later. Expect FB's, Dembele and Son to be rested. With Lamela and either Sissoko or Winks as replacement we are still strong. It will be a different matter if Kane cannot play.
The West Brom game is more important to West Ham than their game against us. They will have to rotate players as well.

Always need 3 points, but it’s a must tomorrow.
West Ham won’t be a walk over but Woolwich could drop further points v Chelsea.
Get maximum points in both games we could go as far 4-5 points ahead of Woolwich if they don’t beat Chelsea.
Liverpool have Burnley away and City.
We then Have Everton and Southampton and Woolwich play Bournemouth and Palace again.

Give Wanyama 20 minutes against Swansea then in from the start against West Ham. Wanyama and Winks could be a top partnership.

Give Wanyama 20 minutes against Swansea then in from the start against West Ham. Wanyama and Winks could be a top partnership.
I think that's rushing it a bit tbh. Maybe give him 10 against swansea and then 30 against west ham and just build it up from there. Do not want to rush him back, he'll be out of touch and not match fit. As a DM we want to make sure that he's perfectly capable of performing or we'll cop it (like we did against chelsea)

I think that's rushing it a bit tbh. Maybe give him 10 against swansea and then 30 against west ham and just build it up from there. Do not want to rush him back, he'll be out of touch and not match fit. As a DM we want to make sure that he's perfectly capable of performing or we'll cop it (like we did against chelsea)

He looked seriously out of sorts that Chelsea game. Didn’t see any pre-season games but if he carried an injury through pre-season as well his match fitness levels will need work as well.

I'd say more like 12 minutes tomorrow, and maybe 37 in the other game... #pedant !

Feels like everyone else has played 100 times since we've last had a game!
They HAVE! The ONLY plus about having almost a weeks' rest is that Kane (hopefully) has had slightly longer than he WOULD have had to recover from his illness had we played at the weekend... plus Wanyama may not have been quite ready a few days back!

The downside is that 2 games in 48 hours means Poch WILL almost certainly rotate... and that opens up the can of worms as to who he isn't taking AS seriously if he drops first team players in EITHER game!

Personally, I'm treating it like a traditional Festive fixture list, albeit a week later!
I expect us to go full strength in both games (barring injuries/suspension)

...unfortunately, I reckon the FA Cup game will take a back seat, and will no doubt see major changes... again, at the annoyance of many (myself included) who want us to take The Cup seriously!

I'd say more like 12 minutes tomorrow, and maybe 37 in the other game... #pedant !

They HAVE! The ONLY plus about having almost a weeks' rest is that Kane (hopefully) has had slightly longer than he WOULD have had to recover from his illness had we played at the weekend... plus Wanyama may not have been quite ready a few days back!

The downside is that 2 games in 48 hours means Poch WILL almost certainly rotate... and that opens up the can of worms as to who he isn't taking AS seriously if he drops first team players in EITHER game!

Personally, I'm treating it like a traditional Festive fixture list, albeit a week later!
I expect us to go full strength in both games (barring injuries/suspension)

...unfortunately, I reckon the FA Cup game will take a back seat, and will no doubt see major changes... again, at the annoyance of many (myself included) who want us to take The Cup seriously!

Do you think that is what the recall for Janssen and Onomah is all about? To play them v Wimbledon?

Back
Top Bottom