The Mighty Spurs - Swans

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bristol City are doing very well at the moment. I live in Bristol and it’s both amusing and nice to see the locals getting so excited about football again. Well...South Bristol anyway.
They are doing well, fair enough. Would you say that they are a good side though?
Whoever goes up with Wolves is going to struggle massively I reckon.

They are doing well, fair enough. Would you say that they are a good side though?
Whoever goes up with Wolves is going to struggle massively I reckon.

Well in all honesty if Bristol City are doing well it’s usually a sign that the quality has dropped. If they go up I’d expect them to go down, but talking to some of the locals they frequently mention how the team has been purposefully populated with 6 foot + powerful players that make them hard to break down and decent from set-pieces (attacking and defending).

It’s interesting how the Championship is evolving. We know it’s a physical league, but I think the bigger teams going down to their level (and Villa) have forced them to develop a tactical style that utilises the traditional strengths of the Championship in a way that combats the Prem teams.

Plus for a club like Bristol City every game would be a cup game, especially at Ashton Gate. The reaction from some of their fans after beating United was like they’d personally landed on the moon Ahab Ahab

Thanks to the stupid schedulers we don't have a game for 6 days, then 3 in the space of 5
:wall:

Heard on TalkSquawk that it was a mixture of the Police only being able to provide sufficient manpower for 46k on 31/12 and Levy insisting on a full house so fixture was bounced to the 4th

Adrian Durham no less

Well in all honesty if Bristol City are doing well it’s usually a sign that the quality has dropped. If they go up I’d expect them to go down, but talking to some of the locals they frequently mention how the team has been purposefully populated with 6 foot + powerful players that make them hard to break down and decent from set-pieces (attacking and defending).

It’s interesting how the Championship is evolving. We know it’s a physical league, but I think the bigger teams going down to their level (and Villa) have forced them to develop a tactical style that utilises the traditional strengths of the Championship in a way that combats the Prem teams.

Plus for a club like Bristol City every game would be a cup game, especially at Ashton Gate. The reaction from some of their fans after beating United was like they’d personally landed on the moon Ahab Ahab
I lived in Bristol for a few years and I'm over the moon that they're doing so well.

When the OP is binnned before kick off is never a good sign.
it's the mighty crap:levywtf:
Ht3wOgi.jpg

Doesn't make us look like we're a bunch of pre pubescent dorks at all.
No sir.

If someone decides to use an adjective to describe how they feel about their team , I don’t see what’s wrong with that .

Next match thread I start it’ll be “ The Splendiferous Spurs”

Not sure about easy? Its all about confidance, with Swansea result yesterday, they be be up for it.
This.

We need to go into this match expecting a war and taking Swansea seriously. If not we will lose or draw. Like every other time we don't take the opposition seriously and have our minds on other stuff

This.

We need to go into this match expecting a war and taking Swansea seriously. If not we will lose or draw. Like every other time we don't take the opposition seriously and have our minds on other stuff
Its probably a good thing they won yesterday-gives us a clear indication with whats in store for us . A revitalise Swansea, they've had 6 months rest, they will be up for, it I'm sure. We need to be on our game 100% no errors.

Swansea are awful and a sneaked win against a Watford side that is dropping through the league like a stone doesn’t mean we should be worried about this match.

Earlier this season, the Woolwich match thread was full of people saying we’d smash them into next week and now this one has everyone saying that Swansea is a tough match. Us Spurs fans are a strange breed, that’s for sure.

Back
Top Bottom