The Glorious Tottenham Hotspur vs FC City of Abu-Dhabi

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just wondered if you could post a picture of you with our ex captain.....just for old times sake?
Ohh shit
Pau+Gasol+has+a+surprised+look.JPG

great result

Agreed. Lets try and get this thread back on subject eh lads?

So far we have Ledley King being bummed, Carly threatening to bury a fellow poster and Robbie Williams with some candy...

Did anyone see Tevez's elbow today on Vertonghen and Nasri's kick on Walker? I only saw it quickly. Was either nasty/intentional?

Did anyone see Tevez's elbow today on Vertonghen and Nasri's kick on Walker? I only saw it quickly. Was either nasty/intentional?

Don't think Tevez did elbow to be fair, looked like verts ran in to him. Nasri's challenge was quite nasty. Most prob a yellow, didn't look intentional.

However I did watch it on a dodgy stream, so may be wrong. Didn't know if defoe had scored or not on his goal. The ball disappeared in a blur!

A couple of things about the match that I forgot to mention earlier:

Firstly we got lucky with BAE not getting sent off for his stupid two-footed tackle; well done to Zaballeta for not making a big deal about it. Benoit probably did deserve to be sent off, but then again so did Nasri.

Also we shouldn't shit all over Ade just yet. Yes he has had a disappointing season so far and today he was pretty shite as well. But at this point in the season there is no point in calling for players' heads. We are in a very tough dogfight, and the manager must try to get the most out of the squad by using the right players in the right situations when they can have the biggest impact (as he did today with the substitutions), even if it's not always an obvious choice. So Ade may well have an important role to play before the season is finished.

Back
Top Bottom