The Glorious Tottenham Hotspur vs FC City of Abu-Dhabi

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideo...-moon-on-the-spurs-bench-during-man-city-win/[/quote]

The Man City Koule/Yaya Toure song a classic as well. It was so funny watching them do the actions.

Anyway, what a 2nd half! City outclassed us in the opening 45 but the transformation was top notch from the lads and the substitutions worked a treat with Hudd and Holtby both standing out for me. I do love a sunny day at Spurs when we win and everyone gets behind the team!

So on reflection then the 4231 doesn't really work without at least one natural winger like Lennon as we become incredibly narrow and Parker, as one of the key parts of that system, is showing his abilities deteriorating.

It seems a lot of people are now clamouring to start with the 433 we saw in the second half.

However I do think that had we started like that we may have been too open and conceded more.
They did break on us a couple of times and it was only poor pass selection thay prevented any real chances. The starting formation, whilst not great going forward, allowed us to keep it relatively tight and remain in the game. Then we switched to a more positive attacking shape to take advantage of their fatigue (remember we've had 10 days off)

Fans live every moment in a match as if its the last. It seems the manager appreciates that games are 90 mins long and knows precisely how to react in the second half.

How often have we been extremely cagey/average in first halves this season, only to go on and win the game in the second half?

In short. 4231 into 433 for the win. AVB is superb.

Just saw this!!!
To call that at 1pm, you were either guessing wildly, completely pissed and didn't know what you were saying, or snuck back in an re-edited at FT!
If not, then you have some powers that Derren Brown would be jealous of!

I hope to Fuckery Sagna you had some money on your prediction? WEIRD PSYCHIC FREAK!!!!

Did anyone see Holtby's pass into Defoe for his goal? This type of quick movement is what I've been waiting for from Holtby, at times (notably Fulham Home) it seems our players have dwelled on the ball taking too many touches where they've easily been dispossessed and the opposing team has got back into position so it's easy to read.
I don't see him as an out and out playmaker but Holtby could be the type of creative force we need at times playing one-touch football in front of opposition defences to draw them out of position leaving our quick wingers and forwards to exploit the space left behind...
:holtbytongue:

Just remembered - the commentator on my TV (Allen?) called BAE 'Benno-Akoto' at some point

You waz Pleated

pleat.jpg

You waz Pleated
Absolute Ledge:

Clive Tyldesly: "Well, we have a Spanish referee for this all English encounter"
Pleat: "Yes, well it is hot"

Clive Tyldesley: "This wont be United's biggest win in Europe. They actually won a game 10-1"
Pleat: "I remember that as a young man, against Anderlecht, wasn't it?"
Tyldesley: "It was in 1903, David"

Clive Tyldesley: "David, whats your prediction for the match?"
David Pleat: "Good evening everyone, a lovely night for football"

They're up there with the best comedy duos of all time imo.

"A few South Americans in this Porto team. Three Romanians and three Portuguese. We should be in for some Samba action tonight"

"To be fair, he probably struck the ball too well" (on Frank Lampard shooting wide of the goal)

"A two-footed beaver of a player" (on Wesley Sneijder)

"He looks a bull of a defender but I have to say he's playing like quite a cultivated bull at the moment"

Pleat: “The Swedish only have ten minutes to do something should they want to stay in the competition”
Clive Tyldesley: “There’s still 26 minutes left of the match”
Pleat: “Oh dear I forgot to put my watch back to Swiss time”

"Craig Bellamy definitely runs faster forwards than he runs backwards"

"I think I'll have to sit on the bench on that one" (when asked to pick a winner between Spain and Russia)

"Terry Sheddingham"

"Lovely cultivated player, or is it cultured?"

"No yellow cards yet, only mustard ones"

"He decided to go to Korea, probably because of the noodles" (on Gus Hiddink's decision to coach Korea instead of Tottenham)

"Sometimes the cheapest corners can be the most expensive"

Back
Top Bottom