The Glorious Tottenham Hotspur vs FC City of Abu-Dhabi

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Few more

"And here we have a real movie star menace in that of Didier Drogba"

"What a swivel and a shot from Redknapp" (On Frank Lampard nearly scoring)

"I'm not too sure how much you get for winning the Champion's League, but it's definatly 10 million euro"

"If United get through, they'll play Chelsea or Liverpool, in an all-Premiership tie, which is also an all-English tie, and also an all-British tie"

"Here we see Tevez's little curly one"

"There he goes again, doing doggies"

"The ball is tied to his feet, but where's the string?"

"Giuly's only 5'6 he's not very tall for a winger"

"I don't know if that was a good bad one or a bad good one"

"Manchester should brush past Roma tonight but it won't be easy"

"The Romans are now disappearing, on the bus, trains or where ever they live"

"There's Jermaine Defoe, checking the weather on his phone no doubt...he's a lovely boy"

Clive Tyldesly: "Well, we have a Spanish referee for this all English encounter"
Pleat: "Yes, well it is hot"

"Who's coming off? It might be King, he certainly knows who's coming off, but only Ledley knows for sure, so we can't tell you"

"Carrick will be the deepest of the threesome"

"Statistics are damn lies"

"He had to cut back inside onto his left foot, because he literally hasn't got a right foot"

"Martin kick-your-legs as we used to call him when he was playing for West Brom in the 80s. He went home, ate a few pies, and now he's back and Spurs are grateful for all he's done"

"He wasn't really trying to score with that shot"

"Preki quite literally only has the one foot"

Clive Tyldesley: "This wont be United's biggest win in Europe. They actually won a game 10-1"
Pleat: "I remember that as a young man, against Anderlecht, wasn't it?"
Tyldesley: "It was in 1903, David"

"Robbie Keane does not miss. I can tell you now, Robbie Keane does not miss." Following Robbie Keane's subsequently missed penalty: "He usually puts it the other way"

"Marseille needed to score first, and that never looked likely once Liverpool had taken the lead"

"The pitch looks a bit like custard"

"I always thought Justin Hoyte was right footed but it seems like he has improved his left foot too. He's played well at left back for Woolwich today" (commenting on the match where Armand Traore was playing left back and Justin Hoyte was on the bench)

"Dennis Bergkamp has been a wondrerful player for Woolwich down the years and I'm sure he'll be a valuable member of the squad for years to come" (on Bergkamp's career after his testimonial match at the emirates)

"No pain without gain"

"I would take advantage of this and make the wall stand the full 10 metres back"

"It looks like he's pulled a rabbit out of the bag"

"To be offside there must be daylight between the players and there was a little daylight there so the ref has got it right" (on Joe Cole's goal that was NOT dissallowed against West Ham)

''Ive just noticed something interesting, the left and right backs have both got long sleeve shirts on"

"Liverpool have got 9 games in the next 29 games"

"Of course, Steven Gerrard is one of only a few Liverpool players who never get left out by Rafa. And even he doesn't always get picked"

"Giggs is enjoying himself in the middle of the threesome"

"Liverpool are sending a message to the Liverpools and Chelseas"

Clive Tyldesley: "David, whats your prediction for the match?"
David Pleat: "Good evening everyone, a lovely night for football"

Clive Tydsley: "If Babel had scored it would have been the quickest hatrick in champions league history"
David Pleat: "Was that in the uefa cup?"

"The sight is in end"

''Carrick has got all the ingredients in his recipe''

"Ronaldo draws a lot of comparisons with George Best, the incomparable George Best"

"Jonathan Woodgate is telling the bench that he can't deal with the pace of Henry and wants to come off"

"The Greek commentators are going mad, and they're standing in front of us. Sit down!"

"I feel like a drunken man who doesn't have a drink. I've never known a Groundhog Day like this and I'll have to go and see the film to find out what it's all about"

"He's a water carrier, a hard worker, a bit of a dog... a ferret"

"Bordeaux's champagne country, isn't it?"

"I think they'll have to throw the kitchen sink at them now a bit. Maybe not the whole sink, with all the plumbing - maybe just the taps for now"

"He's a local favourite, born and bred in Salford" (On Cardiff-born Ryan Giggs)

"They’ll be happy with that, but they'd be more happy if it went in"

"Zola's got two feet"

Back
Top Bottom