TFC in Madrid

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Doesn't that do the opposite though? If they kept the two fan zones open then the bulk of the Spurs fans would be in Plaza Colon and the bulk of the scousers in their Plaza, whatever it is. Closing them leads to all the fans heading for the same bars...

The fans going to the game in theory won't actually meet though, in Uefa's ideal world:

- only fans with a ticket will be there
- they will all go to their respective fans zone during the day
- at least two hours before KO they travel to the ground via Uefa's directions
- our fans arrive at one station and get shepherded into the ground.....theirs at another

....probably 'cos he's a Spurs fan!!
It was never meant to happen ... and on more than one occasion this season, it WASN'T happening!!

Even in my wildest, most optimistic moments, I STILL can't quite believe what we've done....
We've achieved miracles even GETTING there!

Maybe I'm just ridiculously optimistic then - because as soon as we got past Barca away in the groups I thought we'd get to the final

The fans going to the game in theory won't actually meet though, in Uefa's ideal world:

- only fans with a ticket will be there
- they will all go to their respective fans zone during the day
- at least two hours before KO they travel to the ground via Uefa's directions
- our fans arrive at one station and get shepherded into the ground.....theirs at another
In UEFA's deluded world, absolutely! Would have thought the Spanish authorities would have had a say in it all though, and they're not stupid enough to think that everyone is going to the game.

Amuses me the way they want to direct all Spurs to Canillejas station (25 min walk to ground) and all Liverpool to Las Rosas (20 minute walk to ground) when there's the Estadio Metropolitano station a 5 minute walk away from it. Presumably they want to keep that one free for the corporates to use.

In UEFA's deluded world, absolutely! Would have thought the Spanish authorities would have had a say in it all though, and they're not stupid enough to think that everyone is going to the game.

Amuses me the way they want to direct all Spurs to Canillejas station (25 min walk to ground) and all Liverpool to Las Rosas (20 minute walk to ground) when there's the Estadio Metropolitano station a 5 minute walk away from it. Presumably they want to keep that one free for the corporates to use.

I looked at this earlier, unless I’m genuinely told not to, I’m getting off at the Estadio station

Well all three stations are on different lines, so perhaps they're going to restrict who gets on different trains? Not sure how that's manageable, when you could board the train from loads of different stations around the city, mind you

Well, supposedly the Plaza will have food and drink...

Apart from that, east of the square beyond Calle Serrano, bars are few and far between. It's mainly a posh shopping district, not where you want to be drinking. Going west, on the other side of Paseo Castellana, the major north-south road that bisects the centre of Madrid, things are better. There's a big Cervecería a couple of minutes away at 21 Calle de Genoa opposite Colón which might be suitable, further up is Plaza Santa Barbara with terrazas and bars. A few blocks south of there is Chueca, the (nominally) gay neighbourhood, so plenty of decent bars and restaurants there. Up and down the Castellana from the Plaza there are a number of terrazas in the central green pedestrianised part of the avenida, can be a bit pricey tho (maybe not for those used to London prices but it always costs more to drink outside)

What do you make of the recco’s on the link below mate?

Irish pubs seem to be the way forward, even if we have to branch out a bit; I was already thinking of James Joyce but sounds quite small.

I fly from Gatwick to Madrid via Barca (and a 4 hour wait!) on Friday afternoon and back out in the same manner on Monday 3rd. £600, silly money but totally worth it.

Would be great to organise a TFC meet up though, so let’s keep this sort of info coming! Cheers Bill 🍻

What do you make of the recco’s on the link below mate?

Irish pubs seem to be the way forward, even if we have to branch out a bit; I was already thinking of James Joyce but sounds quite small.

I fly from Gatwick to Madrid via Barca (and a 4 hour wait!) on Friday afternoon and back out in the same manner on Monday 3rd. £600, silly money but totally worth it.

Would be great to organise a TFC meet up though, so let’s keep this sort of info coming! Cheers Bill 🍻
The Irish pubs are all much of a muchness really, big screens but get rammed. The James Joyce is pretty big as I remember it.

The other thing that concerns me is being in close proximity to equally pissed scousers. I don't know where I'll watch the game but I'm considering wandering off into side streets and finding a Spanish bar with no leary dickheads

The Irish pubs are all much of a muchness really, big screens but get rammed. The James Joyce is pretty big as I remember it.

The other thing that concerns me is being in close proximity to equally pissed scousers. I don't know where I'll watch the game but I'm considering wandering off into side streets and finding a Spanish bar with no leary dickheads

I’m still just so devastated it’s them. Would have been epic if it was Barca. Would even go as far to say I’d chat to their fans.

Found this on one of my daily Googling rounds for Madrid information: Triskel Tavern is the home of Madrid Reds, or whatever they call themselves, so that's not a place to be.

Just read the article. So they reckon all Real and Atletico fans want Liverpool to win. Personally think that is a load of bollocks. Not sure they'd be overly fussed either way but think the majority would back the underdog which is supposedly us.

Found this on one of my daily Googling rounds for Madrid information: Triskel Tavern is the home of Madrid Reds, or whatever they call themselves, so that's not a place to be.

That's my bar of choice normally funnily enough, I play for their cricket team, the owners Wendy and Jesús came to my wedding, been going there on and off since it opened in the 90s. But yeah, downstairs will be ultra-Liverpool, tho the Madrid Reds are mainly Spaniards. Their treasurer, Simon (next to Ian Rush in the photo), is a good friend, captain of our CC, really nice bloke. ST holder at Anfield, goes back for pretty much every home game.

Friendship suspended for the weekend obviously.

Triskel is a pretty small bar in any case, even if "upstairs is Tottenham" it'll be packed

Last edited:
Just read the article. So they reckon all Real and Atletico fans want Liverpool to win. Personally think that is a load of bollocks. Not sure they'd be overly fussed either way but think the majority would back the underdog which is supposedly us.
Atleti fans are pro-Liverpool, the Torres thing. Madrid fans will be less bothered but more will be with the scousers than with us (history, Rafa, more Spanish players over the years...)

Fuck 'em all with a shit-dipped piss-stick

Real Madrid must hate them due to the Keyboard warriors after the last final - any one that comes in contact with Scousers hates them after a week.

Bill quick question mate. I'm planning to go to the Wanda Metropolitan just before KO and then to try to get a ticket off touts when the tickets drop in price. As a back up are there any good bars around that area that you recommend? Gracia's amigo

My coach times have been changed and I'll now be arriving in Madrid at 5:30 am on the saturday. Thats a long time to be drinking so I'll need to find something to do.
Take in a bit if culture - the Prado is a great start; they have some awesome art; the Garden of Earthly Delights by Bosch being one; which is where I hope to be spending my Saturday evening, although I've never heard Seven Sisters Road called that before!

Back
Top Bottom