TFC in Madrid

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

7P7J.gif
We were talking about the rip-off hotel and private rooms at the weekend, my father-law-said he'd bring a sleeping back and go and kip in the Casa de Campo, "fuck paying some dickhead €1,000" he added. So it's half his idea.

If you want to leave your sleeping bag in a left luggage facility, pick it up later and leave your valuables, here's a list...

Left luggage lockers - consignas

The private ones are very cheap, about €7 and you can take things out and put things back as you wish from what I saw

If you leave your passport/ID Card there at night, carry a photocopy.

Last edited:
Do you think plaza colon has enough bars etc for that to be the spurs hub for the weekend Bill?
Well, supposedly the Plaza will have food and drink...

Apart from that, east of the square beyond Calle Serrano, bars are few and far between. It's mainly a posh shopping district, not where you want to be drinking. Going west, on the other side of Paseo Castellana, the major north-south road that bisects the centre of Madrid, things are better. There's a big Cervecería a couple of minutes away at 21 Calle de Genoa opposite Colón which might be suitable, further up is Plaza Santa Barbara with terrazas and bars. A few blocks south of there is Chueca, the (nominally) gay neighbourhood, so plenty of decent bars and restaurants there. Up and down the Castellana from the Plaza there are a number of terrazas in the central green pedestrianised part of the avenida, can be a bit pricey tho (maybe not for those used to London prices but it always costs more to drink outside)

Going with my Dad & brother. Staying in Valencia, as we couldn't find anything at a fair price in Madrid. Flying out on the Friday from Heathrow, via Munich then onto Valencia. Got an apartment there for 3 nights in the centre.

Getting the fast train on Saturday at 3pm, will be in Madrid by 5pm. The only trouble is no fast train back until 9:40am Sunday morning, so going to be a long night, win or lose. Fly home on the Monday.

Found this website that listed pubs/bars in Madrid to watch football, so no doubt will watch it at one of them: Places to watch football in Madrid | Erasmus tips

Well, supposedly the Plaza will have food and drink...

Apart from that, east of the square beyond Calle Serrano, bars are few and far between. It's mainly a posh shopping district, not where you want to be drinking. Going west, on the other side of Paseo Castellana, the major north-south road that bisects the centre of Madrid, things are better. There's a big Cervecería a couple of minutes away at 21 Calle de Genoa opposite Colón which might be suitable, further up is Plaza Santa Barbara with terrazas and bars. A few blocks south of there is Chueca, the (nominally) gay neighbourhood, so plenty of decent bars and restaurants there. Up and down the Castellana from the Plaza there are a number of terrazas in the central green pedestrianised part of the avenida, can be a bit pricey tho (maybe not for those used to London prices but it always costs more to drink outside)
Ignoring the fan zone at Plaza Colón entirely - where would you say is the best area of Madrid for day drinking on terraces?

Ignoring the fan zone at Plaza Colón entirely - where would you say is the best area of Madrid for day drinking on terraces?
Any plaza really, Santa Ana is very pleasant, Chueca good for people watching, Plaza Mayor has a reputation for ripping off tourists and is expensive, especially where the (poor-quality) food is concerned although it is a lovely spot, along the Paseo Recoletos (south of Pza Colón) and Paseo Castellana (north of Pza Colón) that I mentioned above are fashionable later at night and elegant during the day, along with Santa Bárbara 5 mins walk up Calle de Genoa opposite Colón. Dos de Mayo in the popular Malasaña district a bit further up from Santa Bárbara is more alternative/hipster with some good bars in the streets around...

To be honest, they're everywhere - any bar on a big enough street to accomodate some tables and chairs will have one

From Stansted, We're off to Milan on the 31st and then Fly into Barca Airport late on the Friday.
One night in the Airport Hotel.
Saturday we are doing the Train Journey from Barca to Madyid
Then one night in an apartment in Madyid
Then back to Barca on Sunday (12:30 train was the earliest we could book!!)
One more night in the Barca Hotel
Then a flight to Mallorca on Monday
Then a flight home to Stansted from Mallorca!!

#OneMoreGame :kaneear:

Those fan zones sound absolutely derisory!

Would love to find out a good bar to plot up on Saturday as 2 of us don't have tickets

I think the fanzone in Colón will be something to chip in and out of during the day, it's quite barren as you can see here...

img-8953-720.jpeg

The area behind that flag and on either side is the area that isn't really suitable for looking for bars in. You have to cross the main road that's in front (ie where this photo was taking from) and the streets around there

I think the fanzone in Colón will be something to chip in and out of during the day, it's quite barren as you can see here...

img-8953-720.jpeg

The area behind that flag and on either side is the area that isn't really suitable for looking for bars in. You have to cross the main road that's in front (ie where this photo was taking from) and the streets around there
Thanks Bill - We have a few people arriving on the Thursday so i'll share this info 👍

I am coming in from London to Bordeaux on the Thursday, Friday morning we get to Madrid, there for 2 days then Valencia Sunday and off to Palma for a few nights, definition of a European tour.

Also, only one of the 4 of us travelling that doesnt have a ticket!! Nightmare

I am coming in from London to Bordeaux on the Thursday, Friday morning we get to Madrid, there for 2 days then Valencia Sunday and off to Palma for a few nights, definition of a European tour.

Also, only one of the 4 of us travelling that doesn't have a ticket!! Nightmare

We looked at Bordeaux and also Le Mans! I think my European Geography increased tenfold in the planning of this trip!

We were talking about the rip-off hotel and private rooms at the weekend, my father-law-said he'd bring a sleeping back and go and kip in the Casa de Campo, "fuck paying some dickhead €1,000" he added. So it's half his idea.

If you want to leave your sleeping bag in a left luggage facility, pick it up later and leave your valuables, here's a list...

Left luggage lockers - consignas

The private ones are very cheap, about €7 and you can take things out and put things back as you wish from what I saw

If you leave your passport/ID Card there at night, carry a photocopy.
This man is a saint

I think there are 2 ‘fanzones’ one for each team, which strangely close at 6. Then there is a ‘fanfest’ Which runs from Wednesday to Saturday, where you can meet legends, get autographs, have a beer etc.

Will probably check out both but mainly just drink in bars. Hopefully the spurs areas will pop up and be easy to find as of Thursday. Sounds like I’m one of the earliest there on here so I’ll report my findings ASAP
Please do report back were spurs fans will be drinking for game

We looked at Bordeaux and also Le Mans! I think my European Geography increased tenfold in the planning of this trip!
I am flying from Belfast to Newcastle on Thursday (probably the last bit of shut-eye I will get for a few days) and then from Newcastle to faro on Friday night I am then driving from faro to Madrid on Friday night Saturday morning hoping to arrive Madrid early I would appreciate any advice for parking in madrid over night. As I have no tickets I am looking to follow the spurs fans who are in same boat as me so I would appreciate any information on were the majority of ticketless fans are going in madrid to watch the match.

Just a quick tip lads if any of you want to grab a reasonably cheap flight and have some holiday to take.

Can fly from Norwich to malaga on the Thursday before game then fly back either on the Monday or following Thursday for 300rtn or 150 rtn if Thursday to Thursday. Fast train from malaga is about 80 euros, so could be an option. There is now a fast train from London liverpool st to Norwich (1hr30). Might help anyone on the fence or those not prepared to spend the piss take prices direct to Madrid.

I am doing this myself and notice there is still availability. Dont have a ticket but cant miss this for the world.

Just a quick tip lads if any of you want to grab a reasonably cheap flight and have some holiday to take.

Can fly from Norwich to malaga on the Thursday before game then fly back either on the Monday or following Thursday for 300rtn or 150 rtn if Thursday to Thursday. Fast train from malaga is about 80 euros, so could be an option. There is now a fast train from London liverpool st to Norwich (1hr30). Might help anyone on the fence or those not prepared to spend the piss take prices direct to Madrid.

I am doing this myself and notice there is still availability. Dont have a ticket but cant miss this for the world.
Via Norwich :ap:

If the Plaza Colon is busy I reckon the best bet is just to buy some tinnies and drink in the sun there for those with tickets. One of my mates is coming without on his own so I'll try and point him in the direction of guys from here for the match itself.

Anyone know how Colon will be? Sponsor tents and balloon giveaways?

There’s an Irish pub nearby, which could be a place for us without a ticket. But we should think about alternative squares if the fan zone is shite.

Coming Friday Oslo-Barcelona-Train-Madrid. No hotel of course, I’ll sleep when I Get home.

Back
Top Bottom