TFC in Madrid

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Flying from Heathrow to Madrid landing Friday 3pm and then return Sunday afternoon.

3 of us, overpriced Airbnb, any faint hope of tickets is fading but just want to be out there, can’t wait.

The world can throw you some weird curve balls. It turns out I will be in Madrid on June 1st but can't watch the match! A friend is getting married and I'll have to sneak-peak the match from the wedding reception
Reminds me of when I was best man at a wedding in 2000. England Vs Germany was the same night. Was given very strict instructions by the bride and others that the men would have to miss the match as the wedding came first. My job to ensure that happened apparently.

Anyway it took all my skill and cunning to ensure viewing was broken into blocks with certain individuals, a few at a time, (including the groom) being 'smuggled' in and out of the hotel reception office to watch the match as best as they could.
Got away with it and England beat Germany 1 nil, it was our first competitive win over them since the 1966 world cup final.

:tobyarm:

Reminds me of when I was best man at a wedding in 2000. England Vs Germany was the same night. Was given very strict instructions by the bride and others that the men would have to miss the match as the wedding came first. My job to ensure that happened apparently.

Anyway it took all my skill and cunning to ensure viewing was broken into blocks with certain individuals, a few at a time, (including the groom) being 'smuggled' in and out of the hotel reception office to watch the match as best as they could.
Got away with it and England beat Germany 1 nil, it was our first competitive win over them since the 1966 world cup final.

That was my plan too! To be fair, my friends a good girl and I don't think she'll mind me sneaking off so long as I don't miss anything inportant

I was at an Anglo irish weeding in Cork that day Ireland also beat Holland the place went mental.

To keep both sets of fans apart......it is a pretty sensible idea, they just have to carry it out properly.
Doesn't that do the opposite though? If they kept the two fan zones open then the bulk of the Spurs fans would be in Plaza Colon and the bulk of the scousers in their Plaza, whatever it is. Closing them leads to all the fans heading for the same bars...

I'm missing my cousins wedding.......but he's a Spurs fans, so not sure wtf he was thinking picking this date.

Even though it's the most unlikely thing ever, I've mentally marked myself down as busy for the CL final every year we've qualified.
....probably 'cos he's a Spurs fan!!
It was never meant to happen ... and on more than one occasion this season, it WASN'T happening!!

Even in my wildest, most optimistic moments, I STILL can't quite believe what we've done....
We've achieved miracles even GETTING there!

Back
Top Bottom