TFC in Madrid

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Arriving early afternoon on Saturday, leaving 24 hours later. In a hire van which can double as emergency accommodation.

Mightily fucked off that there aren't any big screens going up, and that the self-styled fan zone at Plaza Colon is apparently being cleared out at 6pm. Wankers.

No idea what my plan is right now in terms of watching the match. Area around the stadium looks totally soulless and I'd rather not be near any Scousers.
I knew it, two English clubs in the final they don't give a fuck, they are uptight fuckers in Madrid, Barcelona is much better, more relaxed.

Got a flight to Seville Friday night during the mayhem of Ajax after party, train gets me to Madrid for Midday.

Colon sounds like a holding pen area only for people going to game, so will be good to hear which bars / areas will be the actual fan zones of the masses.

Got a flight to Seville Friday night during the mayhem of Ajax after party, train gets me to Madrid for Midday.

Colon sounds like a holding pen area only for people going to game, so will be good to hear which bars / areas will be the actual fan zones of the masses.

I think there are 2 ‘fanzones’ one for each team, which strangely close at 6. Then there is a ‘fanfest’ Which runs from Wednesday to Saturday, where you can meet legends, get autographs, have a beer etc.

Will probably check out both but mainly just drink in bars. Hopefully the spurs areas will pop up and be easy to find as of Thursday. Sounds like I’m one of the earliest there on here so I’ll report my findings ASAP

I think there are 2 ‘fanzones’ one for each team, which strangely close at 6. Then there is a ‘fanfest’ Which runs from Wednesday to Saturday, where you can meet legends, get autographs, have a beer etc.

Will probably check out both but mainly just drink in bars. Hopefully the spurs areas will pop up and be easy to find as of Thursday. Sounds like I’m one of the earliest there on here so I’ll report my findings ASAP
We need to essentially lay claim to an area. Is the fanzone near a bar area? I read the fanzones were on opposite sides of the city.

There’s that massive park in the centre isn’t there, can kip in there during the days.
Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb There's a fairly big park in the centre, the Retiro, but I'm pretty sure it closes its gates at night when the terrazas close around ten or eleven. It's bound to have police and /or security guards too.

You're far better heading out to the Casa de Campo, the old royal hunting ground, which is almost open country. Take the Metro to Lago, which is just two stops on Line 10 from Plaza España or Batán, three stops, and walk into the darkness...

campo.jpg

Last edited:
We need to essentially lay claim to an area. Is the fanzone near a bar area? I read the fanzones were on opposite sides of the city.

I don’t think our fanzone is in the best area for bars etc. Hopefully I’m wrong and everyone will just congregate around there, but it looks like a tourist trap to me. Had dinner there last time I was in Madrid and it wasn’t particularly lively

Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb There's a fairly big park in the centre, the Retiro, but I'm pretty sure it closes its gates at night when the terrazas close around ten or eleven. It's bound to have police and /or security guards too.

You're far better heading out to the Casa de Campo, the old royal hunting ground, which is almost open country. Take the Metro to Lago, which is just two stops on Line 10 from Plaza España or Batán, three stops, and walk into the darkness...

campo.jpg
7P7J.gif

Back
Top Bottom