Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

'“He was nonchalant,” Sullivan Martinet, his youth team captain at Guingamp, told Ouest France. “He was so strong that we were expecting more from him, more consistency. He didn’t try maybe as much. He didn’t give the impression of always being 100%. With hindsight, what harmed him was his behaviour off the pitch. We were less talented but we wanted it more than him.”

Makes you wonder..... Does he sit around and smoke weed all day?

Imagine him making the jump to another EPL club (see United link); knuckling down and becoming absolute mustard....

He'd be a top 3 all-time Spurs villain......If he isn't rapidly climbing the charts already.
Not sure, I’d realise it’s as much spurs culture and man management… we’d have to learn from that too…. Be more likely to see him do the same I’d expect… which would be hilarious though

Makes me laugh. One player who has scored 20-30 goals every season for the last 7/8 years for us is getting nothing but stick/abuse here after he made it clear he wanted out, whereas another who also wants out but has never done a single thing for Spurs only gets praised and hyped by some.

I can only think there's some serious crack cocaine on the go by a few here.

Makes me laugh. One player who has scored 20-30 goals every season for the last 7/8 years for us is getting nothing but stick/abuse here after he made it clear he wanted out, whereas another who also wants out but has never done a single thing for Spurs only gets praised and hyped by some.

I can only think there's some serious crack cocaine on the go by a few here.
Kane's been terrible this season. Ndombele's done way more in 2 games than Kane has all season. Simple as that.

Last edited:
Tanguy did more against Chelsea than Harry's done in the PL all season
so whats your point troll

troll GIF

He is a great player, there is no doubt, but his fitness....

It is like having the best F1 car on the grid, being able to blast the opposition away for 30 laps, then grinding to a halt after 30 laps because your design only allowed for a half size fuel tank.

I guess it is OK, if you could sub him off with a like for like player, but we cant. So unless in those 45 minutes that he is effective, we haven't got a 4 goal lead, we are undoubtabley going to suffer a drop in team skill when the sub happens. I personally would play him the 2nd half of games, when the overall pace will naturally have dropped.

It is such a shame, because there is real talent there and I am just struggling to understand why he isnt hitting the gym, to get that level of fitness required. Perhaps physiologically he just cant do it in a fast Premier league environment.

Kane's been terrible this season. Ndombele's done way more in 2 games than Kane has all season. Simple as that.
While its true, its like saying finishing 19th is better than finishing 20th. Having said that, I can see ndombele improving, but kane is definitely going to regress fast really bad. Really dumb to not sell him.

Nobody has ever explained to me why we keep taking him after 60 minutes because he's tired. So fucking what if he's tired? He needs to be made to play through tiredness because that's the only way to build fitness. What is this fucking bullshit where he's tired so he needs to come off about? Is this some sort of Sunday league football where players come off once they're a bit knackered?

I don't blame him, i blame the coaching staff for being too soft on these players. There are many other sports much more physically demanding than football where competitors get tired and carry on. He needs to be forced to play 90 minutes and if he ends the match puking up so what? Play him again for another 90 a few days later and he'll start to get accustomed to it.
I'd play him for full ninety against Wolves and Woolwich its endgame now.

In the summer of 2019, when this transfer was completed, The Guardian's Dave Hytner wrote what now reads like a very prescient articleabout Ndombele, which contained all sorts of red flags.

"The raw talent has always been there but the focus has not and it is remarkable to think that as recently as the 2015-16 season Ndombele was fighting for recognition in the Amiens reserve team in the Championnat National 3, which is French football’s fifth tier.

“Talk to anybody in France about Ndombele and one word recurs: nonchalance. It is not meant as a compliment and takes in the impression that he has not always been the most hard-working player. Perhaps it is because his talent is so big that everything comes easily to him.

'“He was nonchalant,” Sullivan Martinet, his youth team captain at Guingamp, told Ouest France. “He was so strong that we were expecting more from him, more consistency. He didn’t try maybe as much. He didn’t give the impression of always being 100%. With hindsight, what harmed him was his behaviour off the pitch. We were less talented but we wanted it more than him.”

Those are alarming details. They’re the kind of anecdotes which will make fans wonder just how much due diligence was done prior to this deal.
Like most of our business it was a punt based on potential. We never buy the finished proven article.

Hence why we've regressed so far

We have a chief scout Steve Hitchensupposedly renowned for his expertise on French Football.

"Jean-Michel Aulas, the president, has described Ndombele as the “new Michael Essien” while for Bruno Genesio, who was sacked as the manager in May, he “can be a new Paul Pogba”. There have also been the comparisons to N’Golo Kanté."

Essien, Kante?? Can't think of 2 players he's less like but you would expect the so-called expert on French football to see through this sort of bullshit.
He's nothing like those players at all. Most similar to Pogba if any. I think they knew their were red flags but he was a Poch project the coach had done much more with much less than the gifts N'dombele possessed. I think Poch would have got the best out of him like Dembele who the revisionists forget was not an over night success.

Back
Top Bottom