Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think more along these lines as well. Take away his defensive duties, or minimise them, and get him in positions where he can create.

Maybe 3 at the back and Ndombele as a number 10 behind Kane and Son?

Lloris
Tanganga Romero Dier
Royale Hojbjerg Skipp Reguilon
Ndombele
Kane Son
To be honest, this is still a shit team, the wing-backs aint good enough (Reg is average and Royale looks no good at all so far). But as a vehicle for Ndombele, it might work to a degree.

The only vehicle that should be mentioned in regards to Ndombele is a private cab to take him to Heathrow.

Maybe the driver should stop doing his job after 30 minutes just like Tanguy, and make him walk the rest of the way.

This guy thinks hes Pogba. The attitude doesnt match the footballing ability. He cant hack the Premier League. You could understand the arrogance if he was bossing the midfield week in week out but since hes got here all hes done is complain and want out and discover mcdonalds now do triple cheeseburgers. You need to actually achieve something before you can start acting up. Hes done nothing, absolutely nothing since hes joined here. 60 million for a guy that cant complete 45 minutes of football really sums up the current state this club is in. And hes looking at us like we’re a stepping stone and hes too good for us. Sell him in January. We might be losing all our dignity but we cant have players mocking the club and treating us like a stepping stone when all hes done is be a big pussy since joining

If i was Kane i would be fuming knowing this wage thief was on the same money as me. How do you justify that?

He was one of our best attacking players yesterday, we suffered when he went off.

Easy to slag him off but doesn't say much about the remainder of our team when we look significantly worse when he goes off

This guy thinks hes Pogba. The attitude doesnt match the footballing ability. He cant hack the Premier League. You could understand the arrogance if he was bossing the midfield week in week out but since hes got here all hes done is complain and want out and discover mcdonalds now do triple cheeseburgers. You need to actually achieve something before you can start acting up. Hes done nothing, absolutely nothing since hes joined here. 60 million for a guy that cant complete 45 minutes of football really sums up the current state this club is in. And hes looking at us like we’re a stepping stone and hes too good for us. Sell him in January. We might be losing all our dignity but we cant have players mocking the club and treating us like a stepping stone when all hes done is be a big pussy since joining

If i was Kane i would be fuming knowing this wage thief was on the same money as me. How do you justify that?

I've called it for months. He's a poor man's Paul Pogba, and Pogba is far from great himself in a United shirt. This wanker thinks he's better than the club and far better than what he actually is. Literally blowing out of his arse after 30 minutes of jogging about. He's a disgrace. Can't wait for the parasite to no longer be at the club. He will end up at some trash Russian club on silly wages. We'll get about 20 million for the porker.

He brilliant at moving the ball from our half to the final third and maintaining possession under a lot of pressure.

I would play him with Skipp and Hojbjerg as a midfield three along with Sonny, Kane, and Dele as our front three. Let Dele roam.
I would never play him with skipp and holjberg . Locelso and him is fine as soon as skipp came on they pushed holjberg higher and there was a massive gap in our midfield .

I would never play him with skipp and holjberg . Locelso and him is fine as soon as skipp came on they pushed holjberg higher and there was a massive gap in our midfield .

That gap was more about what Dele wasn't doing than what Skipp or PEH were..... That combined with the addition of Kante.

Unless Ndombele was out of gas (which is another discussion) then we should have completed the game with PEH / Skipp / Ndombele.

People talk about TN's creativity (again another debate) but I think the most important thing he's able to offer us right now is ball retention.

Last edited:
Whatever Ndombele's faults and there are many, we cannot afford him not to play. We lack creativity and whether he plays 60 mins once or twice a week or nearer 90 on 1 appearance, he needs to play. I said before the start that I would not have started Ndombele and Lo Celso as we had no creativity after they both went off and maybe we need to go back to one of them replacing the other. Part of the problem yesterday was that several players were not fully fit and it showed.

Nobody has ever explained to me why we keep taking him after 60 minutes because he's tired. So fucking what if he's tired? He needs to be made to play through tiredness because that's the only way to build fitness. What is this fucking bullshit where he's tired so he needs to come off about? Is this some sort of Sunday league football where players come off once they're a bit knackered?

I don't blame him, i blame the coaching staff for being too soft on these players. There are many other sports much more physically demanding than football where competitors get tired and carry on. He needs to be forced to play 90 minutes and if he ends the match puking up so what? Play him again for another 90 a few days later and he'll start to get accustomed to it.

Nobody has ever explained to me why we keep taking him after 60 minutes because he's tired. So fucking what if he's tired?

So that he's not bypassed by by fitter, more energised players than him in the latter phases of the match.....

Some subs are strategic, but otherwise most boil down to energy levels. It's not something invented just to slur Ndombele.

He needs to be made to play through tiredness because that's the only way to build fitness.

Much of this ought to be achieved in training/gym...... Match-fitness is ideally eased back in smaller increments...

.......I think Jose managed to get him up to about 75mins at his (ahem') 'peak'.

Now we're starting all over again.

What is this fucking bullshit where he's tired so he needs to come off about? Is this some sort of Sunday league football where players come off once they're a bit knackered?

Same concept... Only the oppo are higher calibre athletes. Just relativity at play.

I don't blame him, i blame the coaching staff for being too soft on these players.

I agree we should go hard on the poor darlings (some managers do).... But:

1. The players have a professional responsibility to keep themselves in shape.... Hence much of the frustration towards TN in the first place.
2. Apparently TN (and he's not the only one) shit himself when first exposed to Poch's training regime.

There are many other sports much more physically demanding than football where competitors get tired and carry on. He needs to be forced to play 90 minutes and if he ends the match puking up so what? Play him again for another 90 a few days later and he'll start to get accustomed to it.

Again..... Much of that must be done outside of match-time..... A manager has a game to win first and foremost.

Last edited:
Nobody has ever explained to me why we keep taking him after 60 minutes because he's tired. So fucking what if he's tired? He needs to be made to play through tiredness because that's the only way to build fitness. What is this fucking bullshit where he's tired so he needs to come off about? Is this some sort of Sunday league football where players come off once they're a bit knackered?

I don't blame him, i blame the coaching staff for being too soft on these players. There are many other sports much more physically demanding than football where competitors get tired and carry on. He needs to be forced to play 90 minutes and if he ends the match puking up so what? Play him again for another 90 a few days later and he'll start to get accustomed to it.

He doesn't want to play for us. That's why he's more than happy to come off early, especially when the going gets tough. He's an absolute joke. Should be the first one in the squad kicked out the door. Nobody will want this dosser though. We'll practically have to give him away after we paid so much for him.

Get him on fucking drugs and steroids if need be.
He doesn't want to play for us. That's why he's more than happy to come off early, especially when the going gets tough. He's an absolute joke. Should be the first one in the squad kicked out the door. Nobody will want this dosser though. We'll practically have to give him away after we paid so much for him.
Was your post supposed to be for the Kane thread or Ndombele? Think you’re on the wrong thread

Back
Top Bottom