Swansea at Wembley - 16 Sep, 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd be tempted to give KWP some game time this weekend on the left back. We know he can play on both sides and Swansea is a team he should be able to handle. Undecided on if I'd have him start or if I'd put in on in the second half to give Davies some much deserved rest

Now we beat Dortmund i see that the BBC have downgraded the Wembley curse to the Premier League Wembley curse. :deledoubt:

Let's put 3 or 4 past the swans and shut these fuckers up once and for all.

I'd be tempted to give KWP some game time this weekend on the left back. We know he can play on both sides and Swansea is a team he should be able to handle. Undecided on if I'd have him start or if I'd put in on in the second half to give Davies some much deserved rest
KWP is not a good LB, he's incredibly one footed and struggles to cross and even tackle with his left. Maybe for Barnsley but not in the PL.

I understand the expectation that we'll beat Swansea, even with a weakened side, but I'd really like us not to be complacent here. Field the strongest squad available, build momentum and ensure even the most ardent haters don't have a dumbed-down form of the Wembley curse to cling to.

We can give some of the squad players a run out against Barnsley in the mid-week fixture.

Cheers Meg

"A derogatory term referencing Meg Griffin from Family Guy. To call someone "Meg" is an insult."

In this here forum we say "cunt", not "Meg", you cunt.

1699082.main_image.jpg

So I go with my brother who has taken his Stadium Card out of the country and I can't make tomorrow if anyone can meet me in Covent Garden / Euston areas this afternoon and doesn't mind going alone?

Always had a bit of a soft spot for Swansea but no room for sentiment here. Smash three past them and put this hoodoo bollocks to bed for once and for all. I don't agree with Eriksen playing deep myself, his greatest threat is creating goal scoring opportunities. We have Eric, Toby even who can pick a pass from deep. If I was the opposition I'd much rather see CE lining up deep.

Poch saying Llorente "could feature" vs Swansea.

The idea of Trippier crossing balls into Llorent is sexy, but surely Harry doesn't need a rest yet

Poch saying Llorente "could feature" vs Swansea.

The idea of Trippier crossing balls into Llorent is sexy, but surely Harry doesn't need a rest yet

Harry will get a rest against Barnsley. Kane starts and we will score. Llorente should get at least 25 mins.

I'd like Aurier to play again, if fit enough.
Dele should come in for Son who is vital for the CL.
I think the 2 will be Sissoko and Dier.
I don't really like the idea of messing with the team too much, we have to put this Wembley shit firmly to bed, and keep the momentum going.

KWP is not a good LB, he's incredibly one footed and struggles to cross and even tackle with his left. Maybe for Barnsley but not in the PL.

I understand the expectation that we'll beat Swansea, even with a weakened side, but I'd really like us not to be complacent here. Field the strongest squad available, build momentum and ensure even the most ardent haters don't have a dumbed-down form of the Wembley curse to cling to.

We can give some of the squad players a run out against Barnsley in the mid-week fixture.
I agree - we can't take Swansea for granted, that's how a 1-1 happens.

Give KWP experience in the Thailand Energy Drink Bull Head Cup. I'm told its a legit competition now since United won it last year, so now its a GREAT HONOR AND PRESTIGIOUS.

Back
Top Bottom