Swansea at Wembley - 16 Sep, 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People down on Dele so quickly.

Did everyone forget how unplayable once he caught fire last season?

He needs games and confidence so he can get back to that level.

Good team, but I'd probably swap Dele and Eriksen. Eriksen can play the deeper role, like Modric. He displayed that against Palace away last year.
To be honest, with Swansea as weak as they are we could probably cope with just the one CDM (Dier) and have both Eriksen and Dele in attacking midfield.

Lloris

Aurier - Alderweireld - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Davies

Dier

Eriksen - Dele - Son

Kane​

Whoever we play should be too much for Swansea. I'm okay with Trippier coming back in as I don't feel the need to push Serge Aurier to start 2 games in 1 week without a proper preseason with us. Put Sissoko back in next to Dier to reward him for his acceptable performance last weekend, and protect Dembele. Dele in for Son from the start. Not a knock on Son, great player, but might as well play the fresh, equally dangerous player.

By the time the game hits the 60th minute, there is a good chance we will be firmly in control and can bring on Llorente for 30 minutes for Kane, Winks for Eriksen to save his legs and shut up shop, and then Son for Dele in the final quarter to stretch his legs.

But I'm happy with just about anything at this point as long as we aren't shoehorning players into unnatural positions just to give them game time.

I think we should stick with 3-4-2-1 just because it gives our forward 3 the license to stay forward, plus it gives us such width.

Whether we drop Eriksen into CM or bring Winks/Sissoko in, 3-4-2-1 is our best formation.

Why are so many people putting Sissoko ahead of Son all the time?

I don't get it. Was i blind?? or was he that good to command a start from us every game?

Why are so many people putting Sissoko ahead of Son all the time?

I don't get it. Was i blind?? or was he that good to command a start from us every game?

I don't think it's really worthwhile playing him in that AM group behind Kane. He's just about demonstrated that he's not got the cleverness and skill to play that role. I think he provides more to the team when he breaks from deep to join the attack. For me, he's an alternative to Dier/Dembele/Wanyama in CM.

To be honest, with Swansea as weak as they are we could probably cope with just the one CDM (Dier) and have both Eriksen and Dele in attacking midfield.

Lloris

Dier

Eriksen - Dele - Son

Kane​

If Swansea park the bus that's the line up I'd go with.

Lloris

Dier

Eriksen - Dele - Son

Kane​
The same team as Wednesday with Dele in for Dembele n'est ce pas?

Swansea lost at home against NewUtd last game-they sit above Everton, its all a bit odd?
Fernando has to get some decent football time against his old side.

Hard to predict although a we mustn't expect anything less than 3 points-we are that good. However, We beat Milan (A) then lost to Blackpool (A), just saying. Football is a funny old game.

To truly put the chat of this Wembley hoodoo to bed, we must beat Swansea tomorrow. This will give the players confidence as well going forward.

We probably won't need 2 holding midfielders against them, but we can't afford to let them go 1-0 up because they'll shut up shop. We need the early goal to make them come out so we can exploit the gaps left.

If we do play only one CDM then I'd maybe drop Eriksen beside Dier and have Son and Dele off Kane. Aurier has to start, his energy, directness and willing to take on his man will cause Swansea a lot of problems. They've lost their creativity with Siggy going so just need to contain their forward line and we should have too much.

Back
Top Bottom