Swansea at Wembley - 16 Sep, 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Studying in London till December. This will be my first ever Tottenham game. I'll be in area 501, way up at the top haha. Can't fucking wait for this.

Lloris
Aldwerweirld - Sanchez - Vertonghen
Trippier - Dier - Winks - Davies
Dele - Eriksen
Kane

I don't think it's really worthwhile playing him in that AM group behind Kane. He's just about demonstrated that he's not got the cleverness and skill to play that role. I think he provides more to the team when he breaks from deep to join the attack. For me, he's an alternative to Dier/Dembele/Wanyama in CM.

LOL! he is not clever or skilled enough to play in AM?!?!?! O_O;;

He scored 21 goals last season playing AM left, right and mid.

I'd be tempted to give KWP some game time this weekend on the left back. We know he can play on both sides and Swansea is a team he should be able to handle. Undecided on if I'd have him start or if I'd put in on in the second half to give Davies some much deserved rest
He will play the next game in the cup, same position

LOL! he is not clever or skilled enough to play in AM?!?!?! O_O;;

He scored 21 goals last season playing AM left, right and mid.
Sissoko, not Son. I was agreeing with you more or less. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Merson -

"I watched Swansea win at Palace and they weren't very good, then they lost at home to Newcastle and they weren't very good, so I don't see how they will live with Tottenham, who will be buzzing after their midweek win against Borussia Dortmund.

We have always said they are a good team but they need to win a league game at Wembley. They looked a bit nervous against Burnley and the longer the game went on you thought Burnley could score.

But they went to Everton and ripped them apart - that could have been any score. I don't see too many teams doing that at Goodison Park. I think they win this comfortably.

PAUL PREDICTS: 3-0"

Lawro -

"The way Tottenham dismantled Everton last week was very impressive.

In contrast, Swansea really struggled against Newcastle.

After seeing the Swans beat Crystal Palace, I was not too worried about Paul Clement's side getting dragged into the relegation battle this season - but any more complete non-performances like that would be a real cause for concern.

Much has been made of Spurs' poor record at Wembley until they beat Borussia Dortmund on Wednesday.

But even if they had stayed at White Hart Lane, it would have been a huge ask for them to repeat their results there last season when they won 17 and drew two of their 19 home league games.

This is the kind of game I would expect Spurs to win comfortably, regardless of the venue."

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Merson -

"I watched Swansea win at Palace and they weren't very good, then they lost at home to Newcastle and they weren't very good, so I don't see how they will live with Tottenham, who will be buzzing after their midweek win against Borussia Dortmund.

We have always said they are a good team but they need to win a league game at Wembley. They looked a bit nervous against Burnley and the longer the game went on you thought Burnley could score.

But they went to Everton and ripped them apart - that could have been any score. I don't see too many teams doing that at Goodison Park. I think they win this comfortably.

Lawro -

After seeing the Swans beat Crystal Palace, I was not too worried about Paul Clement's side getting dragged into the relegation battle this season - but any more complete non-performances like that would be a real cause for concern.

Much has been made of Spurs' poor record at Wembley until they beat Borussia Dortmund on Wednesday.

But even if they had stayed at White Hart Lane, it would have been a huge ask for them to repeat their results there last season when they won 17 and drew two of their 19 home league games.

This is the kind of game I would expect Spurs to win comfortably, regardless of the venue."

That's us fucked, then. :harrysmile:

Merson -

Lawro -

Lawro - I don't think he's predicted Liverpool to lose for a couple of seasons now. What a tool!

Studying in London till December. This will be my first ever Tottenham game. I'll be in area 501, way up at the top haha. Can't fucking wait for this.

Lloris
Aldwerweirld - Sanchez - Vertonghen
Trippier - Dier - Winks - Davies
Dele - Eriksen
Kane

I'd go with that side apart from maybe Dele alongside Dier and keep Son in. The Mousse looked poor against BVB, esp in the 1st half.

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom