Swansea at Wembley - 16 Sep, 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just looked at the Swansea forum.. they're not optimistic at all. A few think they can sneak a draw.

I think after seeing us beat Dortmund they are worried the 'hoodoo' is over. But as I said, teams try harder at Wembley.

gonna triple captain Harry for this game

Winks that is ^

also, got 2 tickets for this match in block 217 is anyone's interested :levystare:

Last edited:
No "mighty" in the thread title, happy days. :thumbup:

Another big test, need to get that first wembley premier league win.
Reckon we'll do it but don't hold me to that.

Alli in for Dembele with Dier as the lone holding midfielder.

Attack Attack Attack.

In order to avoid injuries we need to rotate where it's possible. I think Eriksson is our most important player and want to avoid the risk of injury in him. Dembele shouldn't play, is injury prone. Trippier needs to get his form back. Winks needs to play to keep evolving and of course Dele should play. Sissoko had shown some promise and has earned another start.

My team
____________Lloris
_____Toby-Sanchez-Verts
________Dier_____Winks
Trippier_______________Davies
______Sissoko___Dele
____________Kane

Would like to see Foyth and Llorente get 30 minutes each.

I wouldn't actually mind playing one of Eriksen or Alli in central midfield next to Dier for this one in all honesty.

I'm sure they'd all interchange anyway.

In order to avoid injuries we need to rotate where it's possible. I think Eriksson is our most important player and want to avoid the risk of injury in him. Dembele shouldn't play, is injury prone. Trippier needs to get his form back. Winks needs to play to keep evolving and of course Dele should play. Sissoko had shown some promise and has earned another start.

My team
____________Lloris
_____Toby-Sanchez-Verts
________Dier_____Winks
Trippier_______________Davies
______Sissoko___Dele
____________Kane

Would like to see Foyth and Llorente get 30 minutes each.

If you live by that idea then we'd have to be resting Dele, Eriksen and Kane regularly, which we can't afford. Eriksen is our most creative player, he's a must start.

We need to win a league game at Wembley, our strongest team available is vital, other than Dembele being rested.

If you live by that idea then we'd have to be resting Dele, Eriksen and Kane regularly, which we can't afford. Eriksen is our most creative player, he's a must start.

We need to win a league game at Wembley, our strongest team available is vital, other than Dembele being rested.

Well in my world the ghost is busted and I think my team will win. You don't and I think we need to rotate to have the players on the bench ready to fill in if a player gets injured. No use having a strong bench if the don't get to play and can't make an impact when they are forced to. We cannot survive both the Champions League and the Premier League without rotating. Last year shown us that. So now we need to rotate when possible.

Last edited:
Go all out attack and cement last nights win with another win against Swansea.

Drop Dier or Dembele- play with one holding MF and replace with Dele.

LLoris

Toby Sanchez Jan

Aurier Dier/Dembele Davies

Dele CE Sonny

Harry

Same team as last night. Alli in for Dembele who probably can't play twice in a week. No need to change it round just yet. Rotation will play a part, but apart from Dembele (who I think needs wrapping in cotton wool given that he is quite fragile) & assuming nobody has picked up a knock, keep the ball roling. We can change it round if people start looking leggy.

:tobyarm:

Swansea has always been one of my favorite fixtures for whatever reason. Probably has a lot to do with Siggy, so maybe thats why it feels different. Or maybe because they used to be such an exciting up-and-coming club their first few years of this PL run, and now they've turned so shit. Whatever the reason, I'm a bit down because I'm not as excited for this fixture as I normally am.

2-0 Spurs, Kane and Jan.

Back
Top Bottom