Swansea at Wembley - 16 Sep, 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anybody a little worried about the terrorist from today still on the loose? Little worried attending tomorrow,..

Matchday.

I'm hoping we are going to seriously take this lot apart. Harry to get a hat-trick. Toby with an overdue header. Sissoko to surprise us all with a worldie.

Now for some more LSD! :crouch::adegrin2:

Anybody a little worried about the terrorist from today still on the loose? Little worried attending tomorrow,..
Not really. The way I look at it, it's pretty unlikely they'd happen to target one of our matches. Even if they did, it's unlikely they'd actually get into the ground with a bomb, especially given the fact they're likely being monitored by now. Even if THAT happened, there's little reason to think they can successfully detonate an explosive when they failed to yesterday. And even if the worst happened, the bomb goes off, and 25 people die - more than at the Manchester Arena attack - your odds of being one of those 25 in a 70k crowd are one in 2,800. At the end of the day changing our lifestyles is exactly what that lot want to achieve, and there's no rational reason to do so - despite the threat and of course the need to be vigilant, you'd have to be incredibly, incredibly unlucky to actually meet your end at the hands of a terrorist in the west. It's not worth changing your plans over.

Not really. The way I look at it, it's pretty unlikely they'd happen to target one of our matches. Even if they did, it's unlikely they'd actually get into the ground with a bomb, especially given the fact they're likely being monitored by now. Even if THAT happened, there's little reason to think they can successfully detonate an explosive when they failed to yesterday. And even if the worst happened, the bomb goes off, and 25 people die - more than at the Manchester Arena attack - your odds of being one of those 25 in a 70k crowd are one in 2,800. At the end of the day changing our lifestyles is exactly what that lot want to achieve, and there's no rational reason to do so - despite the threat and of course the need to be vigilant, you'd have to be incredibly, incredibly unlucky to actually meet your end at the hands of a terrorist in the west. It's not worth changing your plans over.
You're more likely to be killed by one of Sissoko's shots.

Now we beat Dortmund i see that the BBC have downgraded the Wembley curse to the Premier League Wembley curse. :deledoubt:

Let's put 3 or 4 past the swans and shut these fuckers up once and for all.

I noticed that shit yesterday.

ITV were claiming that Sanchez is world class last night. No debate. It's obvious. He's world class and everyone knows it.
Same fuckwits are unsure if Kane is.
Appears their new tactic is that unless he leaves he'll never be good enough (preferably to Man U).
Looking for any excuse not to give us any credit.

You can visibly see the pain it causes them when we win.

Dele hasn't been used as CM in months. Not sure why people constantly suggest it over and over again. I'd be amazed if Poch put him in CM considering our options.

Sissoko has a great game in CM...and then some of you suggest we drop Sissoko and put our 2nd biggest goal threat in a deeper position...Stupidity.

Dele hasn't been used as CM in months. Not sure why people constantly suggest it over and over again. I'd be amazed if Poch put him in CM considering our options.

Sissoko has a great game in CM...and then some of you suggest we drop Sissoko and put our 2nd biggest goal threat in a deeper position...Stupidity.
Do you drop Son?

Yes. If we play 3 at the back, it's always going to be Dele and Eriksen in front of him as long as they aren't on a dreadful streak. Plus Son is much better as an impact sub.
We played 3 at the back v Dortmund. Son started & scored within 5 minutes. He caused them serious problems. And this was Dortmund, not Swansea. Not sure he's an impact sub or that he should be dropped today...
I would start him.

For me, I think we should essentially pick the team we want to field against West Ham next weekend (so, as far as possible, full strength) and copy it for this game against Swansea tomorrow.

So I want Kane, Aurier, Son starting ideally.

The rotation will then take care of itself against Barnsley - i.e. starting Llorente, KWP, Foyth (?), Winks, Vorm, N'Koudou.

We played 3 at the back v Dortmund. Son started & scored within 5 minutes. He caused them serious problems. And this was Dortmund, not Swansea. Not sure he's an impact sub or that he should be dropped today...
I would start him.

Yeah he only started because Dele was suspended. Sure, Son is fine starting. But Poch is not going to play Dele or Eriksen deeper to fit Son in. He is going to play Dembele, Sissoko, Winks, Dier, and/or Wanyama in that middle if we go three at the back.

Yeah he only started because Dele was suspended. Sure, Son is fine starting. But Poch is not going to play Dele or Eriksen deeper to fit Son in. He is going to play Dembele, Sissoko, Winks, Dier, and/or Wanyama in that middle if we go three at the back.
Harsh on Sonny I think. Do we need 2 holding mids v Swans? I'd rest Dembele and be happy with Dier as the sole holding mid. Dele should return, but I'm not sure I'd be dropping our Korean threat. They will be shitting bangers at the thought of our back 5, protected by Dier & supported by the rest. Going forward, which is where we will be for 70% or more of this game, they won't cope.

Do you drop Son?

Do I risk Son getting an injury, leaving us with only Eriken as an AM for the CL? (Lamela, GKN injured, Sissoko is not an AM).

No, I don't risk Son. I don't "drop him". I save him for the bigger more important games, if possible.

If the CL game was in mid-week instead of the league cup, it would be a simpler decision - play Dele this weekend, play Son for the CL game. But that cup has made the decision a harder one to make.

I'd be okay~ with either, but if Son picks up a silly injury in an easy-ish game against Barnsley I'd be gutted and we'd be entering a bit of an injury crisis in AM.

Ideally I'd use Son as an impact sub for both games or someone I take off after 60 mins. At the moment he is the player we can't afford to lose the most.

Harsh on Sonny I think. Do we need 2 holding mids v Swans? I'd rest Dembele and be happy with Dier as the sole holding mid. Dele should return, but I'm not sure I'd be dropping our Korean threat. They will be shitting bangers at the thought of our back 5, protected by Dier & supported by the rest. Going forward, which is where we will be for 70% or more of this game, they won't cope.

Sure we don't need two holding mids but Poch has played two in almost every single game under his charge for us. He may have played only one a few times but I don't remember.

Back
Top Bottom