Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why do you sound like anything but a spurs fan?
It was a joke, get a sense of humour ffs....oh I'm a real one, that's why I have no trust for these owners. ...... what was the point of veliz anyway, he won't ever play enough. Can you name me the last foreign youngster we bought that eventually became a quality first team player ???
I'm not sure there is one, also why would I be wasting my time on this forum if I wasn't a spurs supporter ? Before you come out with some shit I don't understand, I'm too old and have a life so I wouldn't be wasting effort posting on some other clubs forum....I love how if you don't agree with everything the club does then you're not a supporter 😂😂 time to grow up people, make your own decisions

How can you know that?

The transition from the AVB team to the Poch team is sort of the cycle we are in now. Without getting top 4 how do we know that Lloris, Vertonghen, Dembele etc. would have been interested in Spurs?

Biss said he came for CL last summer.

Quite likely Perisic & Udogie did too.........

....And as we know with Kane; sometimes it helps KEEP players here too.

This isn't net spend- bit misleading.

Net spend in itself is a bit misleading too. Doesn't take in to account a huge amount of factors as to why a player coat what they cost or was sold for what they were sold. It is just a number that represents assets being bought and sold for what they are worth at any particular time.

Would you had preffered we bought maddison to mount so that our net spend figure was greater?

Ultimately its about how the players we have bought perform.

The fact that we replaced our entire midfield with absolute quality for less than one Declan Rice is something that should be celebrated.

Whole forum full of gullible idiots. Some are probably 13. Some are probably 73. Both just finding the Internet and completely oblivious to pathological liars.

look whos talking GIF

If someone else doesn't get him, I can see him being a hot property with 1 year left on his deal.

I wonder if CP are safely midtable already; could we make a move for him in Jan to get ahead of the pack..........?

Top 6 net spending 23/24 so far:

Chelsea = £197m. Responded to their poor 22/23 season

Woolwich = £167m. Spent big f them

Man UTD = £150m. Normal spending

Spurs = £135m (inc loaners Porro & Kulu, £70m both). Excluding loans became permanent didn't recruit enough where matters to address poor 22/23 season and Kane's departure

Man city = £126m. Steady eddy

Liverpool = £111m. Another steady eddy. £150m plus Salah to Saudia may still happen

Bollox to inclduing Kulu or Porro in the rebuild spend after a poor season.

They both played in that poor season.

That's just scammy.

Bollox to inclduing Kulu or Porro in the rebuild spend after a poor season.

They both played in that poor season.

That's just scammy.
Levy already included the Kulu and Porro fees in the statement the board put out half way through last season stating we had spent 200m.
If they now try to include the Kulu and Porro money in any statement they put out for this window then they are plain and simply trying to con us.

Think this forum has too many being too negative about the window.
We were never solving all issues in one summer.

My only failing point is not getting Ange the 2nd CB he wanted.
Found two players with 10+ goals last season to help replace Kane's goals.

You can't add up, can you?
VdV is a CB, so that's 1.
The Kane money was spent on....
£16m - Vicario
£40m - Maddison
£40m - VdV
£15m - Veliz
£3m - Philips
£45m - Johnson

Appreciate you haven't got enough fingers for this, so here goes...

£159,000,000 spent
Plus Porro fee £40m
Plus Kulu fee £25m

That's comfortably over £200m
We got (up to) £100m for Kane and £10m for Winks

So went spent the Kane money. And we spent the Winks money. And we spent about £100m more.

As is often the case with us, it's not how much we've spent, it's how we've spent it. Only time will tell tbh

How can these clowns not see this. Absolute twats just saying stuff that is completely untrue

Bascially, we should not count €70m of Porro & Kulu fees in either window..... That's the schtick.
we as a fanbase can either include it in the last window or this window (it's doesn't really matter).

The club on the other hand cannot include it in any statements for this window because they already included it the last time when they stated we had spent 200m.

Do you agree with this?

Back
Top Bottom