Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nope- definitely prefer Maddison to Mount, and think we found great value for him.

Same with Bissouma, Sarr, Udogie etc.

Obviously somewhat offset by 60M for Richy but that goes even further to prove that this obsession (not from you) with how much we spent is completely pointless.

We are 4 signings in my opinion away from have a pretty formidable squad. I wish we had those signings now but I feel by this time next year we will do. Add Veliz and Devine to the mix too and if we can make Europe this season I think we will have a healthy squad.

You said, "explain to me how according to your chart that once again we have a higher net spend than City and Liverpool?"

My answer was FFP.

There really isn't much more to it.

Absolute balls.

Liverpool aren't strangled by FFP.

Insane to think we turned down a £9m bid for Sanchez and ended up not selling him. Could likely have signed somebody like Bella Kotchap for less than 25m.

Something wrong with that bloke's body mate....... Both BM & BVB pulled the plug on deals for him at the last minute.

Last edited:
I’ll probably get disagrees and accusations of tin foil hat etc but Ange absolutely got his Levy virginity taken.

The reason for another CB not coming in was because Dav or Dier needed to go.

There was interest knocked back for both. The obvious reason for that was financial from Levy. He didn’t like the difference between the value he was getting in for Dav and what he’d have to spend on a new CB.

Levy decided it was ok to leave Ange with Davinson instead.

If Dav had been sold; we'd have needed two more..... Said weeks ago but Dav is/was worth more to us staying for his last year than the mere €9m (£7.7m) on offer.

A new CB3 + Dav as CB4 would have been fine.... What we got isn't though.

Dier is just dead food..... The only vague significance of him is the remaining 4m quid in wages on the books... Forget about him.

You can't add up, can you?
VdV is a CB, so that's 1.
The Kane money was spent on....
£16m - Vicario
£40m - Maddison
£40m - VdV
£15m - Veliz
£3m - Philips
£45m - Johnson

Appreciate you haven't got enough fingers for this, so here goes...

£159,000,000 spent
Plus Porro fee £40m
Plus Kulu fee £25m

That's comfortably over £200m
We got (up to) £100m for Kane and £10m for Winks

So went spent the Kane money. And we spent the Winks money. And we spent about £100m more.

As is often the case with us, it's not how much we've spent, it's how we've spent it. Only time will tell tbh
We had £50m of the £150m capital injection, still to spend, it was widely calculated.

We have maybe £5m in loan fees (hopefully NDombele will add to this).

So, we finished 8th, sold our best player, and invested about £45m.

We, IMO, have very much NOT spent the Kane money.

Some people will still find a way :harrylol:

8713.jpg
Had that prick on ignore since about 2 days after I found this place.

Levy already included the Kulu and Porro fees in the statement the board put out half way through last season stating we had spent 200m.
If they now try to include the Kulu and Porro money in any statement they put out for this window then they are plain and simply trying to con us.
What statement?
I've never seen a statement that shows individual player names for in or out

Today's squad tells me Dier, Lloris and Ndombele will not be registered this season. To have Phillips on the bench over Dier is a big clue.
Fucking glorious isn't it?
I wouldn't be surprised if Levy is currently screaming into a pillow, but if that's what it takes to make him realise his mates he's allowed to let us down year on year are shit, then so be it.

6/10.

Positives: Finally turned the page on Kane who had ZERO intention of being part of the next Tottenham Hotspur cycle, and as a bonus they got him out of the Prem. Constantly pandering to him by making moves to keep him happy was actually damaging the club overall. I will die on this hill.

Upgraded immediately in 3 (GK, LCB, no.10) starting positions, possibly 4 (LW). Not many teams can honestly do that.

You forgot VDV. 👍

you fucking guys make me howl. I wish I could apply this logic to buying a car on hire-purchase.

What’s that Mr bank manager, I’ve overspent? No you see, I’ve had that car on hire for the past two years, so the £15,000 I just spent doesn’t count, I already own the car, so I CAN afford the waffle iron.

We just spent c.£210million on transfers. That’s a fact.
Gross spend doesnt mean shit. Hey look guys we just spend 200m we’re going to win the league!! (But lets not talk about selling our best ever player and all time top goalscorer for 100m)

It doesnt show the full context and pretending otherwise just shows an agenda.

Back
Top Bottom