Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Problem is why wasnt the kane money added into the money put aside already for transfers.

If you look at the basic arithmetic we have a net spend of some £160m over 2 years - so that includes the Kane money.

Gross over 2 years (to avoid all the arguments as to how to allocate Porro and Kulusevski fees) gross spend is about £350m (ie £175m pa) - and that is only affordable with the £100m from Kane.

All in sudoku 's excellent post and listing on the previous page.

Agree, but I hope Deki sees more time as an 8 as he's not doing us any favours in this system being stuck on the wing and slowing down the transitions. Can still overlap the RW and play the low cross across the box, or get on the end of one as he did so well against Bournemouth.

Would rather Solomon as depth to Johnson unless we are against a low block.
I thought Deki has 1+1 in the two last League games. In my world that's contributing.

If you found that condescending then I'm not going to apologise because it wasn't addressed to you, I would probably respond in to you in the way which wouldn't upset you but seeing as you chose to throw out some personal abuse you can go jump off the Skywalk.

PM me if you have a problem with the way I speak or you can attempt to rebuttal what I said...if not don't bother responding and just stick me on ignore if my posts make you emotional, cheers. :thumbup:
I apologise as I shouldn’t have got personal , I just see everyone on here as spurs fans so it’s “us” to constantly see you referring to people as “you guys” or you lot comes across as really condescending!
Any way like I said apologies as there was no need to get personal!

I apologise as I shouldn’t have got personal , I just see everyone on here as spurs fans so it’s “us” to constantly see you referring to people as “you guys” or you lot comes across as really condescending!
Any way like I said apologies as there was no need to get personal!

Fairs and I apologise if you took offence to it, I'm just fed up of the constant moving of the goalposts and selective arguments when it comes to this subject all the time, no harm :)

If you don't count Brennan Johnson, VDV, etc. we're at -110m net spend, proof that Levy is pocketing the cash!
Massively underrated comment

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

I hate Levy more than anyone here. But even I'm sick of people deducting money spent to "prove" we haven't spent money. That's just plain fucking dumb that is.

Atletico M. have pissed off and pissed on Højbjerg, Spurs and Bayern. Well done.
While Højbjerg kinda pissed on himself as well and pissed off Spurs and Bayern.

PEH hasn't done us dirty (I've seen it suggested)....... Would you sign for Fullham whilst AM are flirting with you? (The Fulham deal would have fallen through anyway cos of Paulinha staying.)

Meanwhile, another 4 months here won't hurt him especially.... Jan is a good window for a player like him.

We bought 2 players less than Chelsea....that can't be right...
Included or excluded loans Kulu & Porro?

They bought 12 new players, we bought 7 new plus the 2 names above.

The 6: vdv, maddy, johnson, philips, vicario, velez, Solomon.

Last edited:
You are always such a condensing little prick , its always "you guys" "you lot"
I get on with most posters on here but you are really starting to grate on me, not sure who you think you are ?
It's almost like he's not really Spurs the way he refers to our fans in the third person.
He even once said he gets off seeing us angry and bitter when we lose FFS!

I think it’s a lot fairer for this season to be a write off as we rebuild post Kane and recover from Post traumatic Jose/Nuno/Conte disorder rather than the last three seasons where we’ve just bottled it.

I don't think any season should be considered a write off (eeeeeespecially only 3 games deep!)....... You play it for what it is every time.... An open canvas.

1. For the purposes of competitive mentality..... Something commonly complained about. Esp. of late.
2. Lester.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom