Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Right, a new day, I've made my points about the transfer window yesterday, don't see any point in making them again, so I'll be supporting the team and hoping for the best COYS. Let's smash Burnley!

Yeah, we're such a spoilt fanbase aren't we.

:pocheyes:

We'll drop points today, Burnley will be well up for it, cross our fingers durng international break hoping key players don't pick up injuries, should beat Sheff U at home but then it's Woolwich and Liverpool. Yeah, nah, I think both games could get really messy.

The season will trundle on, some good games and performances, some bad, we'll get to Jan and there will be talk of Don Levy when he manages to sign a Bayern or PSG reject on loan at the 11th hour, after shifting out more deadwood on loans with no obligations, we'll play a weakened team in the FA cup and go out before the end of Feb, there will be some talk of making a Top 4 push but alas, lack of depth kills us and we scrape into the EL or ECL on the last day and ENIC lovers and Levy Enthusiasts hails this as a successful season.

But we've moved even further behind our rivals and now there are rumblings that players like Romero and Bissouma want CL football and here we go again.

Nothing will change until Levy and ENIC fuck off.

Where are these rumblings you speak of?

Any chance of you posting some proof?

Or is it all just complete hearsay? Like the rest of this post.

You are always such a condensing little prick , its always "you guys" "you lot"
I get on with most posters on here but you are really starting to grate on me, not sure who you think you are ?

If you found that condescending then I'm not going to apologise because it wasn't addressed to you, I would probably respond in to you in the way which wouldn't upset you but seeing as you chose to throw out some personal abuse you can go jump off the Skywalk.

PM me if you have a problem with the way I speak or you can attempt to rebuttal what I said...if not don't bother responding and just stick me on ignore if my posts make you emotional, cheers. :thumbup:

We got 100 million for Kane. Our summer transfers add up to a grand total of 162 million this summer.

I’m gonna stick my neck out here and assume that we can both agree that 162 million is in fact, a larger total than 100 million.

Christ there are some numptys roaming this forum.
OK...so we only spent 62m then ....not sure how you came to that figure of 162m, maddison 40m, vdv 42m, vicario 16m, Johnson 45m, soloman free..I make that roughly 143m...so that's about 60m after the kane money. So in premier league money terms, we spent fuck all after the kane money. So basically had no transfer budget to speak off if kane hadn't left ?
A big premier league club should be able to spend that easily, and then spend the kane money on top. But not this club, our owners plead poverty.

We didn't waste £50m on Johnson, that was a manager pick and he seemingly thought that we needed him more than a replacement CB, the lack of CB cover is disappointing, sure but I reckon getting Jonnson over the line took priority over the CB cover.
Good post mate, but I just don't believe that...we needed cbs more than anything

I think Kulu maybe goes 10 and Johnson RW if Maddison gets hurt. They did more in attacking areas tbf.

Injury to a CB or Bissouma and we are in more trouble imo.

Levy was fine with that as long as the spreadsheets matched up. He’s not running a football club. He hires football people and hopes they can make him look competent.
Levy really hasn't got any idea of football, just imagine how much more money the club could take if , the success was there, unlike the medicority that we currently have.

My estimate is we have spent £342 million in the last 2 years and net £184m.

07/12/2021SayersSouthend0.518/01/2022MarkandayBlackburn0
31/01/2022KulusevskiJuventus3331/01/2022DeleEverton0
31/01/2022BentancurJuventus1602/06/2022Gollini (L)Atalanta0
31/05/2022PerisicInter002/06/2022OmoleCrawley0
08/06/2022ForsterSoton010/06/2022CCVCeltic6
17/06/2022BissoumaBrighton2508/07/2022BergwijnAjax26.5
01/07/2022RicharlisonEverton5009/07/2022ClarkeSunderland2
01/07/2022AshcroftReading004/08/2022EteteCardiff0.5
01/07/2022KeeleySt Patricks009/08/2022Lo-TutalaHull0.5
08/07/2022Lenglet (L)Barcelona4.517/08/2022AmeyawSouthampton0.5
19/07/2022SpenceM'boro12.501/09/2022LavinierSwindon0
16/08/2022UdogieUdinese1529/09/2022MeghomaSouthampton0.5
31/08/2022LankshearSheff Utd1
Loans6
TOTAL158TOTAL43
25/01/2023Danjuma (L)Villareal2.531/01/2023DohertyA Madrid0
31/01/2023Soonsup-BellChelsea131/01/2023HaytonBarnsley0
31/01/2023PorroSporting3915/06/2023Danjuma LVillareal0
27/06/2023VicarioEmpoli16.515/06/2023Lenglet LBarcelona0
28/06/2023MaddisonLeicester4015/06/2023LucasReleased0
04/07/2023Egan-RileyMan City027/06/2023MundleS Liege0.5
04/07/2023JamesMan City001/07/2023WinksLeicester10
04/07/2023LoganIpswich012/08/2023KaneB Munich100
11/07/2023SolomonS Donetsk01/9/23WhiteStevenage0
05/08/2023PhillipsBlackburn2
08/08/2023van de VenWolfsburg30
08/08/2023VelizRosario13LOANS3
01/09/2023BrennanNotts Forest40
TOTAL184TOTAL113

Great way to look at it - gets rid of the spurious arguments as to which years to put Porro and Kulusevski fees in.

And on those numbers we've spent a net £160m over 2 seasons or £80m a season

I think you might have 'under costed' a couple of players so if anything that net of £160m is slightly understated - my suggestion would be .

Brennan Johnson -£47.5m
Micky van de Ven - £34.5m + £8.5m add on's

OK...so we only spent 62m then ....not sure how you came to that figure of 162m, maddison 40m, vdv 42m, vicario 16m, Johnson 45m, soloman free..I make that roughly 143m...so that's about 60m after the kane money. So in premier league money terms, we spent fuck all after the kane money. So basically had no transfer budget to speak off if kane hadn't left ?
A big premier league club should be able to spend that easily, and then spend the kane money on top. But not this club, our owners plead poverty.
The past couple of years, even west ham have been outspending us.
And yet , we turn over far more money than they do, so what are they doing right that we can't do.

Johnson was 48 million and you are forgetting veliz who was 13 million.

Do keep up

Yes...you think wasting 50m on johnson was more needed than signing a 50m cb then ??

Clearly Ange was happier buying Johnson than any of the CB's available for that £50m.

And I'd trust his opinion more than any poster. Equally Levy has a reputation for being tight, so he's clearly not going to want to spend £50m except to back his manager.

We couldn’t shift the defenders out or at least for the minimum price Levy wanted and we couldn’t get what we may have wanted….I know we all have given up on Sanchez but there is a defender in there somewhere that we paid 42m for…if anyone can bring that defender back to life and restore confidence it’s fucking Ange👍👍👍 and look who he and all the players have had to work with since Poch…Nuno, Mourinho and Conte…the last two would absolutely destroy anybody’s belief…
It’s not about Ange or being positive about what he can do with the team.

As soon as the ball kicks off today I’m positive about the team.

It’s about the mentality of our board and Levy.

Before this window every pundit in town was saying it was impossible to replace Kane and his 30 goals a season.

And its a very tall order to replace perhaps the best striker in the world.

But we have added Maddison and Johnson - both of whom scored 10 goals each last season in PL

Maddison is a very creative player , and together with Udogie inn his debut season is also adding a lot more creativity.

Stats would suggest that we are creating about 30% more chances than in previous seasons so its perfectly reasonable to expect other players to add say another 10 goals or so between them. And that's a combination of Ange bringing his attacking style plus more creative players in.

So pundits answered in spades !

Before this window every pundit in town was saying it was impossible to replace Kane and his 30 goals a season.

And its a very tall order to replace perhaps the best striker in the world.

But we have added Maddison and Johnson - both of whom scored 10 goals each last season in PL

Maddison is a very creative player , and together with Udogie inn his debut season is also adding a lot more creativity.

Stats would suggest that we are creating about 30% more chances than in previous seasons so its perfectly reasonable to expect other players to add say another 10 goals or so between them. And that's a combination of Ange bringing his attacking style plus more creative players in.

So pundits answered in spades !

Most pundits are just stealing a living to be honest.

Another point which has passed too many posters by is that in this window we have helped to solve the problem of lack of quality HG players, despite the loss of Harry. Too many posters simply ignore the issue despite the fact that with too few HG players we cannot field a full squad - and worst case we have only seventeen players in the squad

Our HG position is now :

Club trained
Skipp, Austin (3rd GK)

Players trained at Clubs affiliated to The FA or FAW
Maddison, Johnson, Forster, Davies

So bringing in Maddison and Johnson not only add goals and assists but crucially fill part of our HG spots this season. So a great move to bring them both in.

We need to hope that Ange puts an effort into developing youth more than any manager since 1999 - that's pretty much the only way to get more Club Trained players.

They’ve both had good careers here, so I don’t want to be overly disrespectful, but Lloris and Dier really shouldn’t be let back into the training ground.

We’re trying to build a new culture with a new leadership group, having two formerly influential players moping around on the fringes because they can’t arrange a move away will just be massively detrimental to camaraderie and togetherness in the new era.

And of course none of our players should even be forced to look at Ndombele for fear of the negative influence his mere aura might cast on others.

Buy them out or have them train separately.
No point paying anyone off until Turkish and Saudi windows close

Back
Top Bottom