Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
So If you consider;
Deki - £25m
Porro - £39.7m
extract that from the money spent;

ClubMoney SpentMoney ReceivedNet Spend
1. Chelsea£424.8m£220.1m£204.7m
2. Woolwich£203.5m£78.8m£124.7m
3. Man Utd£167.4m£42.9m£124.5m
4. Bournemouth£109.9m£0£109.9m
5. Tottenham£148.7m£110m£38.7m

Which puts us at around 12th on net spend amounts these teams;

Crystal Palace£36m£800k£35.2m
Luton Town£20m£0£20m

So yeah this pretty much confirms the manager hasn't been backed and the window was a bag of shit.

Anchorman Celebrating GIF
If you don't count Brennan Johnson, VDV, etc. we're at -110m net spend, proof that Levy is pocketing the cash!

On the other, if you don't count the Kane and Winks fee, we're actually at over 200m net spend! Incredible!
Unfortunately there's no way to objectively know how much we're spending in this window, as there's no transfermarkt type of site that tracks that, so we basically have to add or subtract transfer fees at random and hope we get somewhere!

It's a massive gamble. Sanchez can at least fit into the system somewhat but Dier cannot play a high line at all. Relying on Davies and he's not particularly quick either.

That’s your basic. I know Sanchez does fit into the leave players but he clearly is more suited to this system even if it’s not ideal so we have have RCB cover and given a push we could probably play Royal at RCB.

The issue is LCB, we have VDV and that is it. Davies looked uncomfortable in a high line in pre season at CB and that is understandable and Dier we can forget it. In effect for our system to not have a clear weakness we need VDV to never get injured. Getting no back up is such a huge risk the club has taken.

That’s your basic. I know Sanchez does fit into the leave players but he clearly is more suited to this system even if it’s not ideal so we have have RCB cover and given a push we could probably play Royal at RCB.

The issue is LCB, we have VDV and that is it. Davies looked uncomfortable in a high line in pre season at CB and that is understandable and Dier we can forget it. In effect for our system to not have a clear weakness we need VDV to never get injured.
Regarding Sanchez, when he's got better players in front of him he definitely plays better, so if he plays anywhere like he's played (not including Fulham), then he'll be a reasonable enough alternative until Jan.

It's a massive gamble. Sanchez can at least fit into the system somewhat but Dier cannot play a high line at all. Relying on Davies and he's not particularly quick either.

I think we have seen Davies feature in games this season, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Royal played at Left Back if Udogie picked up an injury.

Yes it is frightening, but Ange has played inverted left-backs that are right-footed at left-back before. He did it with Croatian international Josip Juranovic at Celtic. He'd play inverted/cut-inside and then use overloads from midfield/left wing for cut-backs/progressive carries into the 6-yard box.

So If you consider;
Deki - £25m
Porro - £39.7m
extract that from the money spent;

ClubMoney SpentMoney ReceivedNet Spend
1. Chelsea£424.8m£220.1m£204.7m
2. Woolwich£203.5m£78.8m£124.7m
3. Man Utd£167.4m£42.9m£124.5m
4. Bournemouth£109.9m£0£109.9m
5. Tottenham£148.7m£110m£38.7m

Which puts us at around 12th on net spend amounts these teams;

Crystal Palace£36m£800k£35.2m
Luton Town£20m£0£20m

So yeah this pretty much confirms the manager hasn't been backed and the window was a bag of shit.

Anchorman Celebrating GIF

So let me get this straight, last Summer Conte 'wasn't backed' despite the club having a £140m net spend (which by the way is the biggest amount of laughable bullshit to actually determine backing and ambition) and now since the net spend is around £40m Ange hasn't been backed.

If you think net spend is backing then explain to me how according to your chart that one again we have a higher net spend than City and Liverpool? does that mean that Ange has been backed more than Pep and Klopp?

Do you know what you guys actually want? I don't think you do.

What does being backed mean to you? Is it spend or is it the right fit? Or is just a meaningless buzz word you like to trot out because it sounds good purely because we didn't sign FIFA gold cards with 99 potential?

Also it's laughable that people are so desperate to not count Porro and Kulusevski in the money spent this Summer, we paid an initial loan fee for 6 months for Porro in January and officially started to pay on his contract from this Summer, the same for Kulu back in Jan 2021, Kulu's transfer fee was literally renegotiated down with Juve in May. how the hell can you count that towards the spend in 2021? lol so much evidence staring you in the face yet you want to ignore it.

Back
Top Bottom