Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
10:30

BAMFORD TO SNUB SPURS
Leeds United
striker Patrick Bamford is set to turn down the advances of Tottenham in favour of signing a new contract at Elland Road, reports the Daily Mirror.
Bamford, who scored 17 Premier League goals last season, has been identified as a transfer target by Spurs, who may have to find a replacement for Harry Kane if he joins Manchester City.
However, Bamford has no intention of moving to London and will reaffirm his commitment to Leeds by signing a new long-term contract with Marcelo Bielsa’s side.

Has Vlahovic really signed for Athletico Madrid,? Damn I'm genuinely gutted
Nothing too concrete yet. Corriere dello Sport the only ones reporting it and they get plenty wrong. They also break news that can end up being true though, so who knows? We'll find out in the next few days I guess, Di Marzio and Pedulla are generally quite good and both posted stories this morning with neither indicating Atletico are raising their bid imminently. It's all games though, they're all fed bits of information to suit the clubs and their own bargaining position.

If Kane stays, fine, it's perfectly acceptable that we bring in somebody like Edouard (or whoever) to be his backup and sometime starter. He really shouldn't be sold if we can't replace him with Vlahovic or Martinez though, to sell Kane and not replace him with somebody who at least has the potential to be top class would be unforgivable.

I wonder if we could temp Haaland with the Kane money. He's on record saying he wants EPL experience and he could see us as a stepping stone to one of the major clubs; or indeed Levy could convince him we are a major club.

If we don't make ECL, include an exit clause with a fair buy out after 2nd season.

BD already signed another striker, Donyell Malen so could be tempted with a HUGE cash offer.
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

And this is why getting obsessed with getting the most money for Kane is a problem.
We could have already sold and replaced him with Strikers who want to be at Spurs if we'd have actually gone to the negotiating table

I keep saying it - we can't stick a no.10 shirt on £150,000,000 in cash. We could spend £110m on 2 players though.
Yes but where's the line? What if City say they're skint and can only afford £50m? By your logic, at least £50m now can buy a player, better than £150m in the bank huh?

I'm sure you wouldn't want that, so surely all we're debating is what price would be ok to let Kane go - not that we should let him go at any price. For those who rate him very highly, it's approaching £200m, for those who don't rate him that highly it's probably £100m, with most forum members presumably somewhere between £130m and £160m I'd guess...

I agree with you that we shouldn't wait and sell for £160m on the last day and have no back-up, but equally we mustn't sell cheap when everyone else does their best to get maximum value when selling, particularly for home-grown England internationals. If Levy is willing to let Kane go at all this summer, he needs to ensure replacement(s) are lined up, and tell City "pay this much by this date or he's not moving this summer".

I really want this Kane bullshit drama to be over now so we can use that cash and bring in the necessary reinforcements before the windows ends. Fuck off Levy - don’t hold out till deadline day

I really want this Kane bullshit drama to be over now so we can use that cash and bring in the necessary reinforcements before the windows ends. Fuck off Levy - don’t hold out till deadline day
If we're not getting Martinez or Vlahovic, we have to keep Kane, he can go next summer when we'll hopefully be in a better position to attract the right replacements .

Yes but where's the line? What if City say they're skint and can only afford £50m? By your logic, at least £50m now can buy a player, better than £150m in the bank huh?

I'm sure you wouldn't want that, so surely all we're debating is what price would be ok to let Kane go - not that we should let him go at any price. For those who rate him very highly, it's approaching £200m, for those who don't rate him that highly it's probably £100m, with most forum members presumably somewhere between £130m and £160m I'd guess...

I agree with you that we shouldn't wait and sell for £160m on the last day and have no back-up, but equally we mustn't sell cheap when everyone else does their best to get maximum value when selling, particularly for home-grown England internationals. If Levy is willing to let Kane go at all this summer, he needs to ensure replacement(s) are lined up, and tell City "pay this much by this date or he's not moving this summer".

There is definitely a line, I agree.
But there can't be a fixation on a certain number.
Unless he's totally committed to not eventually backing down and also coughing up next year, or the year after when Kane does go, for much less.

If we're not getting Martinez or Vlahovic, we have to keep Kane, he can go next summer when we'll hopefully be in a better position to attract the right replacements .
I fear we will lose Kane on deadline day and have no time to bring in a decent replacement bar some shit-cunt on loan

Next summer Haaland, Mbappe and Ronalo are all likely to be moving.

Chelsea have their new striker.

Kane need his move now or it my never happen forum (the way humans his brother envision).

Fuck me Chelsea manage to get 40M for Tammy Abraham…

how do they do it?!
we are pretty parks and recreation GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom