Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, I wouldn’t put it passed Levy to sell Harry at the end and scramble around for Patrick Bamford. You would think the sensible thing would be too keep Kane if we can’t get our top targets in, but this has been done before mate and Levy has previous for it. You would hope we wouldn’t be that stupid to get rid of Harry and not have a top replacement lined up.
Yaaawn

Totally agree. Are people honestly saying we are ok in defence now ? Utterly ridiculous. We need another top centre back to partner Romero. If Sanchez and Dier keep up this form then fantastic. We have 4 defenders battling for a place. But, I have my doubts with Sanchez and Dier still. Any player can have an excellent game. Even bloody Sissoko had the odd corker. People need to calm down a bit.
People never ever learn do they

Don't get me wrong , I am still buzzing over the performance and result at the weekend

But the same crazy superlatives were being thrown out when we beat utd 6 -1 last year under the dinosaur and we know what happened

This is very dangerous thinking. Didn't he also have a brilliant performance at full back against Liverpool a couple of seasons ago? Then not get much of a look in after that, particularly against lower sides...

Also, look at the infamous 'summer of no signings' - if I recall correctly, we started the next season really well, were flying pretty high by September, causing some people to say 'haha you see, we didn't need any new players after all' - then look what happened over the next following 12 months...

One good game, whether for a team or an individual player, should have no impact on transfer plans.

We were 3 points behind City/Pool who were joined top at xmas...... Lost to Wolves 3-1 from 1-0 up and cruising at Wembley); not long after, that fateful game vs Burnley where Dean rattle Poch and our league form never truly recovered from there on in.

Next few years are going to be awesome for all of the Captain Hindsights on here -
"we could have signed if if baldy had just stumped up £xm more for him - tight bastard #enicout!!"

The way Patarici works that will apply to every single player who joins the PL. Oh joy

I wonder if we could temp Haaland with the Kane money. He's on record saying he wants EPL experience and he could see us as a stepping stone to one of the major clubs; or indeed Levy could convince him we are a major club.

If we don't make ECL, include an exit clause with a fair buy out after 2nd season.

BD already signed another striker, Donyell Malen so could be tempted with a HUGE cash offer.

Don't get me wrong , I am still buzzing over the performance and result at the weekend

But the same crazy superlatives were being thrown out when we beat utd 6 -1 last year under the dinosaur and we know what happened
Yep. Quality will out over the course of the season. The City win was fantasic but still think we need another 3 or 4 players, mostly ready made first team. Tanganga was great but he does get a lot of injuries and i still see him as a right sided centre back eventually. If he gets a bad injury we're looking at Doherty for a large chunk of the season. Still think we need another top class centre back, a creative midfielder and another striker as well. 1 very good performance shouldn't gloss over what we've required for 2 seasons.

I’m relaxed about the striker situation as long as Harry Kanchester stays. We will probably sign another loanee like Vini at the end of the window, that’s all we need. Next year hopefully Scarlett may be ready.

Loans may well be from RM or Barcelona given they need to reduce their wage bills.

If Kane goes we are in shit. Ollie Watkins anyone?

This is not ENIC’s fault. This is City for blowing all their cash on a player they don’t need and now can’t or don’t want to pay fair market value for one they really need.

Realistically they spent 100mil on what is a debatable upgrade to Silva or Foden. And can’t pay 150 big ones for probably the best striker in the business who fills a position they really need. City have messed it up completely. Not ENIC.

And Harry Kanchester is a twat

Next few years are going to be awesome for all of the Captain Hindsights on here -
"we could have signed if if baldy had just stumped up £xm more for him - tight bastard #enicout!!"

The way Patarici works that will apply to every single player who joins the PL. Oh joy
Don’t forget the other way as well.

“this cunt is a wage thief and should never have been signed. Scouting has really let us down again, it was a known issue, had one good season. #enicout”

So, Vlahovic is off to Atletico Madrid all agreed. So that’s him out the picture. Another one of our main targets Martinez looks to be staying at Inter. Our options are slowly dwindling. Levy better have a fucking back up plan if he’s selling Kane otherwise he goes nowhere. If we sell Harry and buy some 2nd rate replacement like Bamford I will be fuming

And this is why getting obsessed with getting the most money for Kane is a problem.
We could have already sold and replaced him with Strikers who want to be at Spurs if we'd have actually gone to the negotiating table

I keep saying it - we can't stick a no.10 shirt on £150,000,000 in cash. We could spend £110m on 2 players though.

And this is why getting obsessed with getting the most money for Kane is a problem.
We could have already sold and replaced him with Strikers who want to be at Spurs if we'd have actually gone to the negotiating table

I keep saying it - we can't stick a no.10 shirt on £150,000,000 in cash. We could spend £110m on 2 players though.

A) City have not bid £110m tho'... The suspicion is the most they have offered is a part exchange deal to the value of £100m. Meanwhile B) Martinez + Vlahovic have a combined pricetag of €160m.

What happened, was that Dier and Sanchez, who were getting praised, started doing what they do. Add in the usual 89th minute Aurier brain farts on the edge of the box and suddenly any thought of attack was held back with "we need bodies to back these goons up"

And here we are, another year later, the same 2 CBs involved in a clean sheet and getting praised.
Except City had their fair share of chances that better CBs would have cut out fairly easily.
You won't see it on match or the day, but a glaring lapse of concentration from Dier in the first half saw a simple sideway pass across the front of him completely missed. He didn't even seem aware of it. Luckily for us and him, City frittered the chance away.
2nd half, Sanchez loses Grealish who blasts straight at Lloris. Another day and those 2 errors are goals and people are calling out the defence.

That's what I love about this whole "Assist" statistic.

A shitty square ball to someone 40 yards out is the same as tearing a defence apart and leaving a tap in.

Applies to all stats. Every one of them can be looked at multiple ways.

You keep saying this and you’re still wrong.

Clearly you’re not Spurs. You’re a Kane fan or a manc. Get lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom