Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we could temp Haaland with the Kane money. He's on record saying he wants EPL experience and he could see us as a stepping stone to one of the major clubs; or indeed Levy could convince him we are a major club.

If we don't make ECL, include an exit clause with a fair buy out after 2nd season.

BD already signed another striker, Donyell Malen so could be tempted with a HUGE cash offer.
If that were the case, he'd go to Leeds.

Yep. Quality will out over the course of the season. The City win was fantasic but still think we need another 3 or 4 players, mostly ready made first team. Tanganga was great but he does get a lot of injuries and i still see him as a right sided centre back eventually. If he gets a bad injury we're looking at Doherty for a large chunk of the season. Still think we need another top class centre back, a creative midfielder and another striker as well. 1 very good performance shouldn't gloss over what we've required for 2 seasons.
That's all well and good and I completely agree that 'top class' players in those 4 positions would be fantastic and make us possible contenders. But with the greatest of respect 4 mostly ready for the first team players would cost ..... what?

A good right back (City who have spent £1bn on their squad have the wonderful Mendy as their back up full back don't forget - £51m well spent!!) about £30-40m? A top class centre back (top class like Van Dyke at £76m or back up like City have with Ake at £44m?) say £60m, a creative midfielder and another striker at £50m+ each (and that's if Kane stays). So around £200m then. There are only 3 clubs in the world who can afford and would pay out that sort of money at this moment and sadly we aren't one of them.

We could sell some surplus players - but that would be a drop in the ocean sadly.

I hate myself for saying it but the best that can happen is that Kane is sold to City and we re-invest the £150m we need for him into the team - to fill the four positions you mention (plus possibly a second striker) but probably with a mix of up and coming players and ready made first team players. I truly worship Kane but sadly the only way that I can see us improve as a team is to cash in now.

That's all well and good and I completely agree that 'top class' players in those 4 positions would be fantastic and make us possible contenders. But with the greatest of respect 4 mostly ready for the first team players would cost ..... what?

A good right back (City who have spent £1bn on their squad have the wonderful Mendy as their back up full back don't forget - £51m well spent!!) about £30-40m? A top class centre back (top class like Van Dyke at £76m or back up like City have with Ake at £44m?) say £60m, a creative midfielder and another striker at £50m+ each (and that's if Kane stays). So around £200m then. There are only 3 clubs in the world who can afford and would pay out that sort of money at this moment and sadly we aren't one of them.

We could sell some surplus players - but that would be a drop in the ocean sadly.

I hate myself for saying it but the best that can happen is that Kane is sold to City and we re-invest the £150m we need for him into the team - to fill the four positions you mention (plus possibly a second striker) but probably with a mix of up and coming players and ready made first team players. I truly worship Kane but sadly the only way that I can see us improve as a team is to cash in now.
It will cost a lot, not denying it but really the squad has been rotten for a long time, its got old and stale due to a lack of investment and churn over 4 or 5 years. I think they should recognise its a buyers market and for 1 summer take the hit. I do realise that cuts against the grain of ENICs philosophy and thats why i agree on selling Kane if we get north of £140m and we can get those top striker targets.

What a lot of rubbish , do you honestly think Levy will just relinquish the power, I bet Man City don’t see it that way . By the way I support Levy nailing them on the Kane fee, but clearly Paratici can do very little until that is resolved , so both directly and indirectly Levy is controlling things
You clearly have never worked above a janitorial level if you believe a CEO does all the actual hard work ... believe me we don't.

Why are Atletico Madrid even going for him? They have top scorer Suarez and £100m Felix as strikers already.
If Kane goes, Vlahovic will be first XI for us.

I really want the Kane situation to be resolved quickly now so we can move on with this deal.

Why are Atletico Madrid even going for him? They have top scorer Suarez and £100m Felix as strikers already.
If Kane goes, Vlahovic will be first XI for us.

I really want the Kane situation to be resolved quickly now so we can move on with this deal.
Because Atletico and buying strikers is like City and buying defenders.

City are trying to build the perfect defence. And Atletico are trying to build the perfect attack to compliment their already stellar defensive organisation.

I am assuming it was a joke , my dog could of made that pass
No, I know it was a joke of sorts, but it genuinely counts as an assist.

Thats why I don't read into too many stats in football. I think a lot of these stats companies just create a niche for themselves and fill it with nonsense.

Because Atletico and buying strikers is like City and buying defenders.

City are trying to build the perfect defence. And Atletico are trying to build the perfect attack to compliment their already stellar defensive organisation.
Fair, but if Kane goes we could tell Vlahovic that he'll be our key CF.
At Atletico he can't really be guaranteed that, Suarez was their best player this season, and they won't give up on Felix.

What happened, was that Dier and Sanchez, who were getting praised, started doing what they do. Add in the usual 89th minute Aurier brain farts on the edge of the box and suddenly any thought of attack was held back with "we need bodies to back these goons up"

And here we are, another year later, the same 2 CBs involved in a clean sheet and getting praised.
Except City had their fair share of chances that better CBs would have cut out fairly easily.
You won't see it on match or the day, but a glaring lapse of concentration from Dier in the first half saw a simple sideway pass across the front of him completely missed. He didn't even seem aware of it. Luckily for us and him, City frittered the chance away.
2nd half, Sanchez loses Grealish who blasts straight at Lloris. Another day and those 2 errors are goals and people are calling out the defence.
I don't remember those specific incidents, but I know that Sanchez was having a snooze for Torres' chance.

Fair, but if Kane goes we could tell Vlahovic that he'll be our key CF.
At Atletico he can't really be guaranteed that, Suarez was their best player this season, and they won't give up on Felix.
It is Correiro dello Sport who are reporting Vlahovic to Atletico so I am chosing to remain sceptical until he has the shirt in his hand. It's the same paper that said that Romero had no interest in coming here.

It doesn't really matter whether Vlahavic has signed for Atleti, or will sign for Atleti. We will stand by "observing the situation" until there's no longer a chance for us to sign him.

If we really did bid 90 million and Inter have turned it down, we should tell Inter to go fuck themselves and move on, I don't reckon they will get another offer that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom