Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we pay 25-30m for a 29yo Ings?

There’s much younger options out there with bigger upside. I’d rather pay that for Leao or Thuram, both can play down the middle, but both are more versatile
Nobody is paying that. He will leave for 15-20 mill, Southampton have no choice because he has one year left on his deal

I bet he has told all 10 that they are first choice as well. Probably got 8 women on the go as well.

Guy who used to be in my work was a known cheater. He had 3 phones and one time was speaking to one girlfriend and forgot to switch off his other phone so had a three way conversation between his girlfriends. Can’t imagine that level of stress and craziness.
I don't know how anyone can pull that shit off. Anytime i have a girlfriend it's stressful enough trying to deal with 1 let alone 2 or 3.

Some guys have that game though, to me it's far too much hard work for not enough benefit.

I don't know how anyone can pull that shit off. Anytime i have a girlfriend it's stressful enough trying to deal with 1 let alone 2 or 3.

Some guys have that game though, to me it's far too much hard work for not enough benefit.

They also tend to be guys without shame who don’t understand the emotional pain it causes others. Their lives are messy and they quite like it like that because they enjoy the drama.

Pogmol havent used VAR correctly from the beginning so much so that the majority of fans will never get on board with it. The fact that the current set of referees in the EPL are the worst I have ever seen. Half of them are inept and the other half think it's all about them. The sense of apathy I now feel towards football in general (I wont watch games not involving spurs) and the fact we have a chairman intent on pulling the wool over the eyes of the fans for the umpteenth time has truly cemented my loss of interest.
I thought var was used pretty well in the euros. Way way better than what happens in PL. Apart from a couple of decisions its been ran well

Danny Ings injury history is obviously a concern at first but in terms of games missed :

20/21 - 7 matches missed
19/20 - none recorded
18/19 - 15 matches missed
17/18 - non recorded
16/17 - 35 matches missed, and previous season bad too

So his really bad injuries were over 4 years ago, rather think that was in his Liverpool days

United have Carvani, Greenwood is returning and Sancho and Rashford will also play.

He may renew his loan; he may not... Remains to be seen.

Sancho & Rashford fundametally wide players.

Which leaves Greenwood; whom they have yet to put faith in as a #9

...Until then, a cheap punt on Ings makes perfect sense.

Giroud is set to leave and they will buy Harrland.

That's far from a foregone conclusion and even then, if like you say Giroud leaves, Ings is still good value as a back-up.... (This assumes Abraham is sick of being the 3rd man, which also seems likely....)

City won't spend 200 mil on Kane at twenty eight he's not worth that money.

Not sure how that negates the notion that Ings would be a viable signing for them.

I'm not playing cystal balls here; all I've said is "If I were them"... You said catagorically that they won't, but you're not exactly 'defeating' my logic....

He may renew his loan; he may not... Remains to be seen.
Cavani has signed contract extension with United already, staying for another year.

Which leaves Greenwood; whom they have yet to put faith in as a #9
Martial and Greenwood are back up #9s for Cavani. They won't go for Ings.

I think Ings is a good player, but wouldn't be happy if we spent £20M on him. Old and injury prone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom