Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like Ings the player but his injury history is just pretty scary to me. Not just talking about the major knee issue, he seems to miss games quite often with muscular injuries as well. I'm torn because he's a very good player.

The stuff about a two man attack is interesting though because where does Sonny fit into that? I would think he and Kane could play just fine as a duo. Maybe the thinking is you have the three of them over the course of a busy season.

3 senior players for 2 berths accross all comps + Scarlet to bring on in the ECL once we have the game in the bag.

It also makes me wonder what formation Nuno has in mind.

Or if the wonky FBs rumours are true then:

Ajax wouldn't be able to afford Sanchez, and the Winks to United rumours were not reliable.
Again I have to explain the obvious. The concerning person asked about links, not reliable links, so I simply posted what I had read. Did I in any way state that it was from a reliable source or rave about how happy I am that they will leave? :cool:
What is a reliable link anyway? Do you also post "reliable" comments on all the "not reliable" links being posted on this forum? If you do that for sure will keep you a busy man.
Most links are unreliable and just clickbait fluctuating between the believable to the totally ridiculous - but, at times, it's fun to read and speculate. Which is what this transfer thread is mostly all about.

Last edited:
The concerning person asked about links, not reliable links, so I simply posted what I had read. Did I in any way state that it was from a reliable source or rave about how happy I am that they will leave? :cool:
Fair enough, I wasn't criticising you, just pointing out that these rumours are unlikely to materialise.

What is a reliable link anyway? Do you also post "reliable" comments on all the "not reliable" links
Well anything from Football Insider and Daily Express is 99% likely to be BS. Ali Gold is reliable.

We may as well shut this thread down. Gonna be impossible to figure out what Paratici is doing

Basically it's like the ITK bullshitters have won the lottery. They can have a field day posting links to a thousand players and say we're talking to, thinking of, considering, looking at etc.

That other site that seems to exist to spread this gossip is going to need extra servers to cope.

Paratici was hired because he's even more of a galaxy-brained maniac than Levy.

I bet he has told all 10 that they are first choice as well. Probably got 8 women on the go as well.

Guy who used to be in my work was a known cheater. He had 3 phones and one time was speaking to one girlfriend and forgot to switch off his other phone so had a three way conversation between his girlfriends. Can’t imagine that level of stress and craziness.

The only way getting rid of Moussa could be made even better is if we were to weaken one of our rivals by hampering them with his presence...

But surely nobody is dumb enough for that?
He still made the French Euro 2021 squad. Pochettino and Mourinho both kept playing him. He does more on the field than many are able to see/recognize.
I have wanted him replaced for the last 3 seasons... but I am against the mocking he so often receives despite of being one of the few players who give all in every game he plays. If some of the other Spurs players had the same mentality - with their superior ball skills - Spurs may have qualified for the CL this season.

He still made the French Euro 2021 squad. Pochettino and Mourinho both kept playing him. He does more on the field than many are able to see/recognize.
I have wanted him replaced for the last 3 seasons... but I am against the mocking he so often receives despite of being one of the few players who give all in every game he plays. If some of the other Spurs players had the same mentality - with their superior ball skills - Spurs may have qualified for the CL this season.

Please stop this utter nonsense. He’s the laziest player in our squad, even Winks panics himself into bursts of mobility. Sissoko doesn’t make any effort to move to receive the ball or track runners off it. He’s a lazy coward.

Why would we pay 25-30m for a 29yo Ings?

There’s much younger options out there with bigger upside. I’d rather pay that for Leao or Thuram, both can play down the middle, but both are more versatile
He’s £20M and a good player who will almost certainly score 15/20 goals and hit the ground running. Who was the last successful striker we bought? Those two have bigger upsides and could be amazing, but I’m ok with PL proven to share the load. Nice footballer and will work well with Kane and Son IMO

Cover story, to entice a striker, probably before selling Kane late August…
Yeah, possibly. I wouldn't put it past them, but I still think we're keeping Kane for another season, at least.

I just don't see him going elsewhere in the EPL, he's way smarter and more humble than Walker and Berbatov.

We're putting together deals for naming rights, training sponsorships etc. This seems to be pointing to spending some wonga over the summer. Levy knows he needs to shine this shit, so Harry isn't going to have the clear need to move away to avoid a spiral into purgatory (despite what I might have felt a few weeks ago).

City: Jesus is shit; arguably they need 2 STs
Utd: Need a main man in the short-term until Greenwood can step up.
Chavs: Giroud is still their best ST.

General: HG, will be cheapish, EPL-proven.

All 3 have tonnes of top flight games to contend with.

United have Carvani, Greenwood is returning and Sancho and Rashford will also play.

Giroud is set to leave and they will buy Harrland.

City won't spend 200 mil on Kane at twenty eight he's not worth that money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom