Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad source. And Barca surely don't have money for a transfer like this with all that's going on there. I do remember thinking Messi would like to have him at Barca when watching Copa America games, those two have an excellent link up. Argentina were great in nearly every first half of the tournament until the general energy level dropped and Gio went off for a more defensive player. He has great quality but given his injuries and our requirements it'd be hard to turn down 35m.

About as much chance as Messi coming given Barca seem to be ‘’doing a Leeds’’.

Bad source. And Barca surely don't have money for a transfer like this with all that's going on there. I do remember thinking Messi would like to have him at Barca when watching Copa America games, those two have an excellent link up. Argentina were great in nearly every first half of the tournament until the general energy level dropped and Gio went off for a more defensive player. He has great quality but given his injuries and our requirements it'd be hard to turn down 35m.

If Spurs could recuperate most of the money they paid for Lo Celso I'd let him leave. Simply because he's too injury-prone, and it seems that the intensity of the EPL exposes his "fragility" even more. If he stays healthy he could turn into a top-class midfielder, and I can see why Barca would want him -although, yes, who knows if the rumors are true.
Here a Spanish site linking him to Barca as well...

If Spurs could recuperate most of the money they paid for Lo Celso I'd let him leave. Simply because he's too injury-prone, and it seems that the intensity of the EPL exposes his "fragility" even more. If he stays healthy he could turn into a top-class midfielder, and I can see why Barca would want him -although, yes, who knows if the rumors are true.
Here a Spanish site linking him to Barca as well...

You don't sell to Barca at a loss.... Their interest in itself validates us seeking a significant fee (ragrdless of their current financial mess).... Same as when they were rumoured to be sniffing about Ndombele....

We paid 40m (all in) for Gio... Start at 70m and see how badly they want him.

Please stop this utter nonsense. He’s the laziest player in our squad, even Winks panics himself into bursts of mobility. Sissoko doesn’t make any effort to move to receive the ball or track runners off it. He’s a lazy coward.
I respect people who have opposite views but at least back it up with firm facts.
We all know he can dribble or kick a ball.... yet you think that a player who was a regular under two coaches who were known to demand hard work from their players (even to the point where players were complaining about it), Pochettino and Mourinho is lazy :cautious::rolleyes:
Why are you not managing PSG or Roma then if you see things they didn't see in Sissoko? :cool:

I think I watched every Argentina Copa America and partly to see Gio in a different system. While he made some fantastic plays, I was a little underwhelmed by him pretty often. Maybe it was the system, maybe it was direction from coaches, but I really was hoping to see a more proactive and higher work rate performance than what we saw.

I think I watched every Argentina Copa America and partly to see Gio in a different system. While he made some fantastic plays, I was a little underwhelmed by him pretty often. Maybe it was the system, maybe it was direction from coaches, but I really was hoping to see a more proactive and higher work rate performance than what we saw.
He just isn't that good

Tidy enough player but really nothing special

Wonder how long its gonna take people to realise this

Not sure about you guys, but this is the most uninterested and disjointed I have ever felt going into a Spurs season. I literally have no optimism and just don’t give a fuck at the moment. The club are showing nothing to change my mindset either. The same shite players are still stinking out the place.
I am the exact opposite.
I am looking forward to the season.
Aurier will no longer be a Spurs player.
I am hopeful even maybe confident we will be replacing Sanchez.
We can score goals (124 last season) and if those 2 go we will improve our defence.

He just isn't that good

Tidy enough player but really nothing special

Wonder how long its gonna take people to realise this
As VirginiaSpur VirginiaSpur said, he's miles better than some of our other options, and I think there is a player in there but we haven't seen his full potential yet.

I'm willing to give him more time because almost the entire squad looked terrible in our system and under Jose. He had injuries as well and he caused a lot of problems for himself at times by getting a handful of early yellows that, I think, put off his game at times.

I'd be interested in giving him more time to see what happens as maybe a change of system, coach, and hopefully some new blood in the team gives him a new life.

I am the exact opposite.
I am looking forward to the season.
Aurier will no longer be a Spurs player.
I am hopeful even maybe confident we will be replacing Sanchez.
We can score goals (124 last season) and if those 2 go we will improve our defence.

also Fans back in fully attended stadium (however wise that is)

Last season was a horror show to be suffered. This season will feel special .

I'm really excited. when Tomiyasu and a couple of decent CBs come in the door the excitement in all of us will be there!

isn't that what it's all about?

COYS! :tobyarm:

Barca can't possibly afford him...so maybe we should bring Messi here and enjoy that great link-up?
What about a swap for their 18 year old, Pedro?!

Would take £35m to redistribute elsewhere (CB) if they’ve found their pot of gold under the gov rainbow…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom