Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Podence is a heck of a player.
On his day he's unreal to watch. He's also injury prone and often goes missing in games, is nearly 26, was hopeless from about February on after a calf injury, not a dependable finisher. Hope there's nothing to this rumour tbh, I don't think he'd be a smart buy even though I like watching him play.

There ARE players in there if Nuno can get a tune out of 'em.
Yeah, the ability we paid for is definitely there but some combination of durability, athleticism and commitment hasn't been. The previous manager didn't help but it's down to the players at the end of the day. I'd like to see both get a fair crack this season and then reassess in January/next summer.

On his day he's unreal to watch. He's also injury prone and often goes missing in games, is nearly 26, was hopeless from about February on after a calf injury, not a dependable finisher. Hope there's nothing to this rumour tbh, I don't think he'd be a smart buy even though I like watching him play.
Didn't realize he was already that old, that's a bit surprising. I know he struggled with injuries last year but was pretty healthy before that.

But yeah, given his age, maybe not the best buy.

What about a swap for their 18 year old, Pedro?!

Would take £35m to redistribute elsewhere (CB) if they’ve found their pot of gold under the gov rainbow…
Pedro's 18 years old? He's turning 34 in 2 weeks' time and no longer plays for Barca but for Roma.
However, I wouldn't mind Pedri, who's 18 years old :cool:

One of Tanguy or Gio will be going this summer without a shadow of a doubt. Both been here 2 seasons and to put it bluntly have done fuck all. We need a shake up. We won't get what we paid for either but we'll have to take it on the chin.
Firstly imo we should keep both, I have a suspicion that one of them will really shine this season (but not sure which of the two).
Secondly, I don't see anyone buying them this window. Most clubs have no cash.

Have to agree with this setiment. We're a few weeks into the window now and we've done NOTHING.

We need to sell and buy quite a few players. The amount of haggling we are doing over what I'd describe as a relatively 'easy signing' (Not high price tag and no competition) doesn't bode well for the future business we HAVE to do.

I like the sort of names we are being linked to at CB but there's two things to consider.

- We need a CB urgently and yet we are seemingly just looking around names not actually looking to make a deal done.
- The calibre of CB's we are looking at will be relatively pricy/competitive deals. We need to be savvy and get a move on to get these sort of deals done.

Have to agree with this setiment. We're a few weeks into the window now and we've done NOTHING.

We need to sell and buy quite a few players. The amount of haggling we are doing over what I'd describe as a relatively 'easy signing' (Not high price tag and no competition) doesn't bode well for the future business we HAVE to do.

I like the sort of names we are being linked to at CB but there's two things to consider.

- We need a CB urgently and yet we are seemingly just looking around names not actually looking to make a deal done.
- The calibre of CB's we are looking at will be relatively pricy/competitive deals. We need to be savvy and get a move on to get these sort of deals done.
It fustrates me so much that there are so many players out there who would be available for cheap prices and yet Tottenham just seem to pass them up or not look at them

Imo we need

- 2 CBS (maybe only 1 if we play a back 4 and keep the rest of the other CB's)
- 1 RB (Tomiyasu isn't the sort of RB we need , we need an attacking RB)
- 1 Backup ST (Maybe someone to play with Kane maybe someone to give him a rest. Ings would be a great signing)
- 1 attacker (Maybe a creative midfiedler or a RW depending on formation)
Bale scored 17 goals last season. We need to replace him clearly.

The sort of savvy signings I would like to see us do are for players with 1yr left or clubs who really need to sell.

- Aouar (Lyon)
- Caleta-Car/Kamara (Marseille)
- Ings (Southampton)
-Sabitzer (Leipzig)
- Barcelona players perhaps who they desperately need to get rid of. Eg. Coutinho imo would be a good opportunity.

I like GLC but he can't do the 90 in the EPL.

He was exceptional at the COPA.

Before all the naysayers talk about the level of competition in the final during the first half a free-kick was awarded every two minutes (seriously) i watched every minute of it.

He handled the physical game fine, and while he's fit he should absolutely start for us.

I reckon that Pochettino owes Spurs some favours and that he could redeem himself from some of the rather non-successful transfers while at Spurs by convincing PSG to splash out £20m for Aurier and the £55m he spent on Ndombele.
After all, he just spent £51m on a right-back, Hakimi.

He was exceptional at the COPA.

Before all the naysayers talk about the level of competition in the final during the first half a free-kick was awarded every two minutes (seriously) i watched every minute of it.

He handled the physical game fine, and while he's fit he should absolutely start for us.
I like him.
He ain't an EPL guy.
I would love to be proved wrong.

EH................

Its Happening The Office GIF by NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom