Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
But they won't.

Why would either of them?

City: Jesus is shit; arguably they need 2 STs
Utd: Need a main man in the short-term until Greenwood can step up.
Chavs: Giroud is still their best ST.

General: HG, will be cheapish, EPL-proven.

All 3 have tonnes of top flight games to contend with.

Good strikers cost a lot, Ings is good and cheap. I’d be surprised if we are the only ones but if we can hit first he would be a great signing and cover the loss of Bale (in a different way).

Pretty sure I saw him either quoted or rumoured as saying he'll only consider a top 4 club / CL.

Think I spent about 10 years getting more and more excited about football. Went from armchair to regular visits to season ticket holder.
Then just as we moved into the new stadium various things started to really, really kill my enthusiasm.
Still sore about the 2 windows we signed no one. Watching all that we'd built on starting to be dismantled.
But waaaay, waaaay more than that has been watching VAR destroy everything I love(d) about the game.
I simply can't enjoy a goal anymore. That moment of ecstasy that I used to experience has been stolen from me by cretins in a studio actively looking for a mm of a body part somewhere in the build up to take that goal away. It's not being used how I envisioned it or in the spirit of the game. It's making the game a complete drag.

Add to that the 70 something days of looking for a coach only to employ someone who was available on day 1 and who barely anyone wanted including the club he left and joined, I feel like I'm gonna focus more time on my other hobbies. PS5 and stick the M3 on some track days.
Might even do something with the wife and kid occasionally.
100% agree on VAR. It's ruined football as far as I'm concerned. It's not enjoyable to watch, so there's very little reason to watch other than out of habit.

Not sure about you guys, but this is the most uninterested and disjointed I have ever felt going into a Spurs season. I literally have no optimism and just don’t give a fuck at the moment. The club are showing nothing to change my mindset either. The same shite players are still stinking out the place.
I would usually be buzzing even just seeing training pictures and looking forward to pre season friendlies.
This summer I literally could not care less. Couldn’t even tell you who or when we’re playing this summer tbh.

100% agree on VAR. It's ruined football as far as I'm concerned. It's not enjoyable to watch, so there's very little reason to watch other than out of habit.
Honestly don't think I've celebrated a goal since that Aurier goal was disallowed away at Leicester to go 2-1 up, I think that was the first time we were on the receiving end of it?

Literally any goal now you're just waiting for that sinking feeling as the commentators tell you to hang on, VAR are looking at a potential blah blah blah...

I really like Ings the player but his injury history is just pretty scary to me. Not just talking about the major knee issue, he seems to miss games quite often with muscular injuries as well. I'm torn because he's a very good player.

The stuff about a two man attack is interesting though because where does Sonny fit into that? I would think he and Kane could play just fine as a duo. Maybe the thinking is you have the three of them over the course of a busy season.

It also makes me wonder what formation Nuno has in mind.

The stuff about a two man attack is interesting though because where does Sonny fit into that? I would think he and Kane could play just fine as a duo. Maybe the thinking is you have the three of them over the course of a busy season.

As soon as I start imagining some version of a 3-5-2 (with Kane, Son, Ings rotating as the 2), my head spins with all of the surplus players we currently have. Our squad is so bloated right now--we need some outgoings in the worst way.

I really like Ings the player but his injury history is just pretty scary to me. Not just talking about the major knee issue, he seems to miss games quite often with muscular injuries as well. I'm torn because he's a very good player.

3-5-2?

It would suggest Ings/Son are rotated alongside Kane and play together when Kane sits the odd one out and takes his usual 3 months injury lay off.

Lloris
Tomiyasu - Rodon - ?????
Doherty-------------------------Reguilon
PEH ---- Lo Celso
Ndombele
Kane-------------Ings
A decent team on paper if we can get another good CB in and upgrade Doherty.

Here’s the telegraph article

Tottenham Hotspur have made Southampton striker Danny Ings their priority signing this summer with a firm belief that he can play in attack alongside Harry Kane, whom they remain determined to keep at the club.

Recruitment meetings that have followed the appointment of new manager Nuno Espirito Santo, as well as new managing director Fabio Paratici, have recommended Spurs pursue a pre-existing interest in Ings. He is a player whom chairman Daniel Levy has tried to sign in the past, most notably when Ings became a free agent in 2015 at Burnley, eventually joining Liverpool.

The England international, who turns 29 this month, has made it clear to Southampton that he will not sign the four-year deal currently on offer and the consensus is that he will not be permitted to move into the final years of his current Saints deal. He would be worth around £20 million in the current market, given his age and contractual status.

Nuno is understood to want to switch Spurs’ style to a two-man attack with a Premier League-ready goalscorer alongside the England captain. He already has Heung-min Son, with whom the club hope to finalise a new deal soon. The squad’s profile needs greater options in attack. Brazilian striker Carlos Vinicius failed to make an impression on loan last season and will not return.

Ings, who narrowly missed out on the 30-man provisional England squad for the European Championship, is a tempting prospect for a number of clubs. Manchester United inquired about him in January last year and there was also interest last season from champions Manchester City.

He scored 13 goals in 33 appearances in all competitions last season, including 12 in the league for a side that finished 15th - contributing more than a quarter of all league goals Southampton scored.

Saints have made their first major signing of the window - Romain Perraud, a left-back from French Ligue 1 side Brest. Blackburn Rovers striker Adam Armstrong is another the club have reportedly shown an interest in signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom