Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I predict we don't get a suitable offer so he stays another year and goes for 80m next summer.

He will bag another 30 goals and City/United will still want him in a year's time.

I really don't think he'll be motivated to play for us anymore though. Maybe having fans back will help with that.

Must be tough seeing shit pricks like Mount have a Champions League already and you've won fuck all at 28 despite all your individual achievements.

Kane is self motivated, he will want to continue to break records, I don’t see him dropping tools.

I actually think it's now or never with Kane. For him and for us.

If we don't sell him now, we'll never get a stratospheric fee for him.
If he doesn't leave now there's every chance he misses out on the move to a "mega club" forever.

I'm not saying he's done, he's very much one of the most talented players in Europe. But in a years time he'll be around 29, have 2 years on his contract and who knows if he can keep it up as he gets more and more run down.
Busy year in the league, ropey conference, domestic cups, winter in the desert for the WC coming next year.
The guy has been run ragged for years.

I know what you mean, but I always take the "Kane looks knackered" with a pinch of salt I think he just looks like that sometimes, he got six months off basically between Jan - June 2020.

He was never the quickest, not that he was slow, I just think he has a more all round game. Admittedly I do miss the low hard shots from the edge of the box that used to go in on the regular but I think he still has that to his game. I see him doing well with us next year then yeah, who knows. Enjoy him while we have him.

I bloody love the man.

Admittedly I do miss the low hard shots from the edge of the box that used to go in on the regular but I think he still has that to his game.
Teams go crazy keeping him off of his right foot at the top of the box now. Part of the growth in his distribution game is him recognizing that and using that gravitational force against the defense.

I predict we don't get a suitable offer so he stays another year and goes for 80m next summer.

He will bag another 30 goals and City/United will still want him in a year's time.

I really don't think he'll be motivated to play for us anymore though. Maybe having fans back will help with that.

Must be tough seeing shit pricks like Mount have a Champions League already and you've won fuck all at 28 despite all your individual achievements.

He needs about 45 to catch up with Jimmy Greaves so two more seasons should do it?

You know with ENIC I think they have been ok compared to many but not exceptional and I feel they have taken us as far as they can. It’s time for someone else to come in, you can only ‘’stabilise’’ a club for so long, we don’t look like winning anything under them.

Main Positive

- Stabilised the club after Sugar.
- built the best facilities.
- hired Poch.

Main Negatives

- Stratford/ESL was a disgrace.
- never backed managers on the way up only on way down when it was too late.
- hired bores like AVB, Graham and Jose and it possibly looks like Nuno.
- the fuck up of transfers like Grealish and not selling deadwood.
One League cup in over 20 years while saddling our club with debt until 2050!

They've been shite owners, mate. Jumped on the gravy train at an opportune time only to start pleading poverty in the light of a worldwide pandemic that doesn't discriminate.

Shysters.

Last edited:
I actually think it's now or never with Kane. For him and for us.

If we don't sell him now, we'll never get a stratospheric fee for him.
If he doesn't leave now there's every chance he misses out on the move to a "mega club" forever.

I'm not saying he's done, he's very much one of the most talented players in Europe. But in a years time he'll be around 29, have 2 years on his contract and who knows if he can keep it up as he gets more and more run down.
Busy year in the league, ropey conference, domestic cups, winter in the desert for the WC coming next year.
The guy has been run ragged for years.
5IoqG4s.gif

Levy: Do you want to keep player X? Their contract is running down.....

Poch: Yes.

Levy: OK.... I'll have to renew their deals to protect there asset value otherwise we risk them leaving for free.

You find that mind boggling?

Apparantly NorseYid NorseYid thinks all managers/coaches should take eveery decision, sign every player contract and sign all payments as well. Not sure when manager has time to coach the players though !

Gold:
Spurs' priority is sorting out the whole defence first this summer, and then start to look at other options in other positions.

Toby Alderweireld asked to leave #thfc "some time ago" with interest from Antwerp, with Toby preferring going back to Belgium or the Netherlands.

#thfc want to bring in at least one new centre back, if not two...and I'm not entirely sure that two involves Tomiyasu either who's primarily seen as a right sided player.

Great news if true. Aurier out Tomi in. Sanchez and Toby :unsure: out and 2 new CBs.

I think ENIC did more than just "ok." Considering where they started from, I reckon they did very well. And compared to clubs that have about the same potential as Spurs - Newcastle, Everton, Leeds - they did very-very well.
Success is not guaranteed - even for bigger clubs. F.ex. Liverpool didn't win the (new formate) EPL until 2019-20, and never won it with Gerrad & Carragher in the team (I know they won the CL). Woolwich went from being one of the best clubs in Europe for 2 decades to become a mid-table team.
But, yes, I agree that it seems as if Levy & Lews have taken Spurs as far as they can; and now seem unable to take Spurs further.
Each time Spurs were about to cross that "line" they backed down from making, and carry out, the necessary and vital decisions that could have pushed Spurs even further forward - hoping and believing that the status quo will be sufficient.
At the beginning of Levy's era, his tactics/tricks in the transfer market often lead to favorable Spurs deals - but then he was found out, and it worked against Spurs. While Levy, seemingly oblivious to the fact that he was found it - just carried as usual. That failed Grealish deal was the epitome of those Levy tactics.
Appointing outdated George Graham was a terrible and horrible first decision, which Levy, fortunately, realised quite quickly and kind of corrected.
Jose, though a bore, did win things. And he's got a winner mentality. And he took Spurs to their first domestic final since Ramos (2008). People say he was a failure at Man Utd., but he won 3 trophies in 2 seasons with them. What Jose did as Spurs was to expose the lack of winning mentality among the players and the board.
However, I despise some the, well, errr "names" Levy's been called, as I firmly believe he, Levy, deserves more respect than many fans give him.
But, yes, the disastrous manager search (with no set profile of whom they wanted) showed Levy & co. had lost the plot.
I personally would also like to see a new owner come in but not just anybody with money. I don't envy some of the big clubs their "blood money", despite of their success.
To me, though, I hold Lewis at fault as much as Levy. Lewis hardly attends any Spurs game and seems totally uninterested in the club, while Levy at least appears to be passionate about Spurs as a club. In fact (and I know many will disagree with me here!) I would not mind see Lewis sell the club (to more free-spending and ambitious owners) but keep Levy as the chairman, but reduce his dircet involvement in football matters.
You cannot compare us with Newcastle. Bunch of no marks who have done nothing since 1955.

They weren't really guaranteed at their own clubs when we signed them.
Lennon was about 16. Bale had half a season under his belt. Dele was probably the one who'd played the most but was still 17/18 at the time.
Also have to consider who was in for them. It was between us and Liverpool for Dele and us and United for Bale.
Maybe we were seen as the smaller club who could give them the starts...
Bale signed for us because Jol went to see his parents and promised he would go straight into the first team, which he did.

We are keeping our powder dry for January

We have to let the big clubs do their business first

Signing a footballer isnt like popping down to a corner shop for a loaf of bread or a pint of milk you know

The Euros taking place has meant a shorter summer and not enough time to buy players

Covid has hit us hard

Nuno wants to assess all the players before signing anyone / clean slate for all

Lamela will be like a new signing

Who out there could improve us?

There is no value in the market

We tried

We have to sell before we can buy

Home grown rules dont allow us to sign anyone

I am sure these old chestnuts will be wheeled out a fair few times over the coming weeks

Have I missed any ?
We're still bedding in our new DoF.

Our lawyers are still poring over the Europa Conference rules and what that means for our squad.

Winks won't leave before Harry.

Sissoko failing at the Euros really fucked over our strategy.

Harry has first dibs on massage beds and we can't discuss personal terms with anyone else until he's back.

I'm on holiday and all this finger-pointing has really hurt my feelings.

ENIC won't negotiate with Journalists.

I think ENIC did more than just "ok." Considering where they started from, I reckon they did very well. And compared to clubs that have about the same potential as Spurs - Newcastle, Everton, Leeds - they did very-very well.
Success is not guaranteed - even for bigger clubs. F.ex. Liverpool didn't win the (new formate) EPL until 2019-20, and never won it with Gerrad & Carragher in the team (I know they won the CL). Woolwich went from being one of the best clubs in Europe for 2 decades to become a mid-table team.
But, yes, I agree that it seems as if Levy & Lews have taken Spurs as far as they can; and now seem unable to take Spurs further.
Each time Spurs were about to cross that "line" they backed down from making, and carry out, the necessary and vital decisions that could have pushed Spurs even further forward - hoping and believing that the status quo will be sufficient.
At the beginning of Levy's era, his tactics/tricks in the transfer market often lead to favorable Spurs deals - but then he was found out, and it worked against Spurs. While Levy, seemingly oblivious to the fact that he was found it - just carried as usual. That failed Grealish deal was the epitome of those Levy tactics.
Appointing outdated George Graham was a terrible and horrible first decision, which Levy, fortunately, realised quite quickly and kind of corrected.
Jose, though a bore, did win things. And he's got a winner mentality. And he took Spurs to their first domestic final since Ramos (2008). People say he was a failure at Man Utd., but he won 3 trophies in 2 seasons with them. What Jose did as Spurs was to expose the lack of winning mentality among the players and the board.
However, I despise some the, well, errr "names" Levy's been called, as I firmly believe he, Levy, deserves more respect than many fans give him.
But, yes, the disastrous manager search (with no set profile of whom they wanted) showed Levy & co. had lost the plot.
I personally would also like to see a new owner come in but not just anybody with money. I don't envy some of the big clubs their "blood money", despite of their success.
To me, though, I hold Lewis at fault as much as Levy. Lewis hardly attends any Spurs game and seems totally uninterested in the club, while Levy at least appears to be passionate about Spurs as a club. In fact (and I know many will disagree with me here!) I would not mind see Lewis sell the club (to more free-spending and ambitious owners) but keep Levy as the chairman, but reduce his dircet involvement in football matters.
They started much higher than Leicester and have done appreciably worse, in fact i suspect the gulf will only increase this season

I've never put a thread on Ignore but i'm tempted to make this the first one.

I don't think i can take being linked with every player in Europe for the next 2 months. It's already doing my head in reading the same shit about us being linked with Player X, considering Player Y and now apparently we're thinking of Player Z.

I'm fed up of it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom