Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't look very hopeful does it 😬

Genuine question - do you think it's possible to create compilations like this for even the most well regarded players? I'm guessing it would just be less clips spread across more games for a player like Van Djik?
I always like to remember that Kane absolutely clowned Van Dijk once (when he was basically the same age that Andersen currently is), so even the best players have lowlights. For a centre back especially there's a lot of room to improve your footballing brain through experience.

Another fraud who ended up wage thieving for a year

Also - he’s not one of Mason’s mates so no chance for minutes either
Oh please, no need to be so dramatic. He ended up not being an EPL caliber player but he was extremely useful in giving Kane a rest in the early Europa matches. He played in 9 EL matches and scored 6 goals and chipped in with 3 assists.

He was here to be Kane's backup which we all know is a limited role. Was he a smashing success? No. But he was not a bust either and only cost us a couple million.

It was a fine loan really.

Oh please, no need to be so dramatic. He ended up not being an EPL caliber player but he was extremely useful in giving Kane a rest in the early Europa matches. He played in 9 EL matches and scored 6 goals and chipped in with 3 assists.

He was here to be Kane's backup which we all know is a limited role. Was he a smashing success? No. But he was not a bust either and only cost us a couple million.

It was a fine loan really.
We could have bought Watkins for a fraction and actually had a long-term young prospect

These shitty loans are pointless, imv

We could have bought Watkins for a fraction and actually had a long-term young prospect

These shitty loans are pointless, imv
What are you on about?

Vinicius loan fee was less than 3 million pounds. Watkins transfer fee was 28 million. Yes the purchase option on Vinicius is crazy high but we were never going to pay that.

You forget the context of the signing which was a COVID summer where we were hard pressed for funds. I'd have preferred we sign Watkins as well but we just weren't going to be spending nearly 30 million on a backup striker in a COVID summer when we had other higher priorities.

I agree that loans are not ideal but that wasn't your initial point. You called him a wage thief when in reality he did pretty well in the minutes he was given, especially in the EL, and he gave Kane the rest he needed. It wasn't a smashing success but it wasn't a failure either.

You forget the context of the signing which was a COVID summer where we were hard pressed for funds. I'd have preferred we sign Watkins as well but we just weren't going to be spending nearly 30 million on a backup striker in a COVID summer when we had other higher priorities.
Stop repeating these shameless ENIC lies, please - clubs with a fraction of our budget outspent us and will do again this summer

Watkins represents excellent business long term instead of spending fees on wages and agents every summer for pointless shitters like Gedson, Vinny, etc. We spent 18m on Doherty who is a pub player on a good day and will be 30 in 6 months - criminal decision making here.

As for Vinicious - he scored a few against semi-pro farmers and Marine fucking FC, mate. Was given a start against Chelsea and went hiding

A proper DOF and scouting structure would identify these targets and have an actual recruitment vision

Grealish one I cannot forget. 5M plus loan player, fucking hell Levy

Although, I was against that move too. Silly me 😭
Levy can shampoo my balls, but I don’t actually think he mucked up with Grealish. An agreement was in place but then AV got new owners and their financial problems disappeared.

I simply think Grealish was taken off the market.

I always like to remember that Kane absolutely clowned Van Dijk once (when he was basically the same age that Andersen currently is), so even the best players have lowlights. For a centre back especially there's a lot of room to improve your footballing brain through experience.

What a team, what a kit, what a time:pochcry:

Levy can shampoo my balls, but I don’t actually think he mucked up with Grealish. An agreement was in place but then AV got new owners and their financial problems disappeared.

This combined with Poch mainly wanting De Jong. So we had Grealish as our backup option while we tried to get De Jong over the line. By the time De Jong heard about Barca being interested and pulled out of a move Villa had new owners in place and we could not get Grealish either.

Has anyone watched Matthias Ginter from Borussia MGladbach? BILD linking us with him. He's a German defender. I don't know anything about him.
He's good. Nice attributes with the ball, defends well, good with his head and smart positioning. Switches play very well, can play at right back.

Never really watched him closely enough to say he's top class, or to have a good grasp on what his faults are. I remember German fans were unhappy a few years back with him and Sule at CB, but he's looked pretty good most of the times I've seen him.

Seemed to recall Bruce repeatedly saying they need money and must sell players at the right price. Not sure whether he actually quotes a nominal or the media, but it was clear that it had to be 25mil.
Even then, it was a fair rates. But Levy keep lowballing them and testing their resolved. When it is clear they only sell cause they need hard cash. Rumor of new owner lurking around, but you never rly know on matter such as these.
It happened very quickly between the last time Bruce said They had to sell Grealish and the takeover materialise.
The second the takeover is complete, they no longer want to entertain us.

At that time, Grealish was also sulking being denied a move to Spurs.

So for me, yeah, Levy did eff this one up. Think he also had and will always have nightmare about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom