Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% Areola for Aurier straight swap would make sense.

Areola is far too good to come here as back up, it would be a waste of a foreign player spot and a waste of his time. Hugo has had a sublime season and we need to spend money on the positions where we have nobody decent, not a position where we already have one of the best players in the world.

CB, CM/CAM, RB. All our money should be focused on strengthening these positions. We only need to think about signing a new 1st keeper if Hugo refuses to extend his contract, and with Navas extending at PSG I don’t see where he would go.

I've seen enough of Andersen this season to be happy if we sign him.

He is fairly slow so I don’t think he is close to the top CBs in the league but would be an upgrade on a Dier or Sanchez so not terrible.

If we were bringing him in with a guy line Kounde sure, but if he is our answer to Dias and VVD then it’s a gigantic meh and another sign of how we are falling behind the other top teams. In fact I would put him behind both Fofana and Soyencu at Leicester City.

Not terrible but not close to exciting or what we need to compete for top 4.

Tottenham's hopes of signing Lyon's Danish defender Joachim Andersen, who has spent the season on loan at Fulham, have received a boost as the 24-year-old wants to remain in the Premier League. (Standard)

Spurs are keen on signing Andersen, who is valued at around £20m. (Sky Sports)

Sander Berge will be available in the summer, probably available for 20m, maybe a little less. Just turned 23, but off the back of a bad injury. He's got lots of class, not sure if he's what we need this summer but would be a great opportunity to get quality at that price.

Sander Berge will be available in the summer, probably available for 20m, maybe a little less. Just turned 23, but off the back of a bad injury. He's got lots of class, not sure if he's what we need this summer but would be a great opportunity to get quality at that price.
I read something about him having a 12 mil release clause now that he has been relegated.

Doesn't look very hopeful does it 😬

Genuine question - do you think it's possible to create compilations like this for even the most well regarded players? I'm guessing it would just be less clips spread across more games for a player like Van Djik?
Yes, I am sure I could do a job on almost any player. What I try to do is identify areas of weakness (the media will take care of the hype). Things I pick up on in a game or in a number of games (I have scrutinized this guy in 6.5 games, beginning with our game against them at their place). I don't do it to be a cunt. Or for laughs. Caveat emptor, etc. What cannot be disputed is that this guy has awful mobility; that's why he lunges in and that's why he likes to wrestle opponents (conceding cheap fouls in the process). Also, if you don't give him time to get his head up, he is not going to do a lot of damage with the ball at his feet.

If we sign this guy, he could be great for us, but I have my doubts. I don't see star quality. And yes, I get things wrong. I thought Dias was ludicrously overhyped before he went to City, for example. I thought he was a backpedalling hoor who lacked mobility and physical strength. Maybe Andersen will be our Dias. Can't wait to find out.

For me central midfield is as big, if not bigger problem than centre back. Imagine this defence with Dembele and Wanyama in front of them. There’s no way it would look as bad as it has. Hojbjerg needs to be a rotation option with two new central midfielders bought in. Moving winks, sissoko on and bringing two players in would transform us.
Sickened by the increasing likleyhood of Bissouma going to Woolwich.

Shouldn't the new manager decide whether he wants Anderson or not?
Doesn’t matter, Levy picks and buys the players as per the last (barren) 20 years

we could get Pep or Klopp in and you almost guarantee they wouldn’t win a trophy and would be sacked within three years under the current ‘structure’.

LEVY OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom