Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seemed to recall Bruce repeatedly saying they need money and must sell players at the right price. Not sure whether he actually quotes a nominal or the media, but it was clear that it had to be 25mil.
Even then, it was a fair rates. But Levy keep lowballing them and testing their resolved. When it is clear they only sell cause they need hard cash. Rumor of new owner lurking around, but you never rly know on matter such as these.
It happened very quickly between the last time Bruce said They had to sell Grealish and the takeover materialise.
The second the takeover is complete, they no longer want to entertain us.

At that time, Grealish was also sulking being denied a move to Spurs.

So for me, yeah, Levy did eff this one up. Think he also had and will always have nightmare about this.

Takeovers do not happem overnight.

Birmingham press were reporting that original Villa owner was in taks with prospective new owners about 2 months before it happeneed. Standard conditon of talks is 'no sales' durijng negotiations (otherwise buyer doesn;t knlow what he's buying) but old owners had agreed a sale of Grealish - almost certainly to generatre funds if sale didn';t go through.

New owners completed purchase faster thn expected and decided that Grealish essential if they could get PL (worth £200m + to them) versus £25m/£30m they get if they sold Grealish.

New owners called it right, kept Grealish and got Villa back in PL....... laughing all the way to bank for not selling him

Who do we get in to replace Kane?

Sky announce 'Kane is leaving Spurs' just before 7 pm Sky news.

No surprise, have done it regularly over last 5 or 6 years as it generates clicks for them.

No idea why anyone believes them. Kane might leave (although I doubt it with 3 or 4 years left on a contract = £150m/£200m+ bid plus Kane's already on £200k pw so need to better it, plus he wants to better Greaves scoring record etc), but Sky won't be the ones to get the story first

Sky announce 'Kane is leaving Spurs' just before 7 pm Sky news.

No surprise, have done it regularly over last 5 or 6 years as it generates clicks for them.

No idea why anyone believes them. Kane might leave (although I doubt it with 3 or 4 years left on a contract = £150m/£200m+ bid plus Kane's already on £200k pw so need to better it, plus he wants to better Greaves scoring record etc), but Sky won't be the ones to get the story first
Kane has clearly told his representatives he wants to leave. This was corroborated from The Athletic a month ago too; so unless they're both making it up, we should assume its true.

I don't know why people are laughing. I would be delighted to have him.

The amount of money it would cost to get a 28 year old with questionable fitness at the best of times does not seem like a good way to spend the Kane money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom