Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Again, people who have never seen a single minute of Grealish calling him an AM. I'm sure they do it on purpose. He's a completely different player to both of them. Like comparing Eriksen to Dembele.

Guess Maddison is better because he scores more goals. Jeez, you lot are starting to sound like that guy who had stats proving Sigurdsson was better than Eriksen for those exact reasons.

Anyway, this is the guy we should be getting in if Eriksen goes to Madrid.

Looks a bit thicker then when I last saw him. Always has had the ability, just not the physicality. Still young though and if cheapish, I wouldn't think that would be bad business.

Again, people who have never seen a single minute of Grealish calling him an AM. I'm sure they do it on purpose. He's a completely different player to both of them. Like comparing Eriksen to Dembele.

Guess Maddison is better because he scores more goals. Jeez, you lot are starting to sound like that guy who had stats proving Sigurdsson was better than Eriksen for those exact reasons.

Looks a bit thicker then when I last saw him. Always has had the ability, just not the physicality. Still young though and if cheapish, I wouldn't think that would be bad business.

He's having a real breakout year. I think Poch could do absolute wonders for him. At the right price, I think it'd be smart.

I would be happy with Brooks or Grealish. Brooks has been very impressive this season and looks like a top quality player. Seen less of Grealish, but was impressed with how he handle himself in the derby, he certainly looks like a few steps above championship level.

I would be happy with Brooks or Grealish. Brooks has been very impressive this season and looks like a top quality player. Seen less of Grealish, but was impressed with how he handle himself in the derby, he certainly looks like a few steps above championship level.

Only issue being Brooks costing double. He signed a new deal a month ago. You'd be looking at £60,000,000 for him.

What has Ødegaard done since his move to Madrid?

Would be keen as he's still young, and hopefully as learnt from that move. If I were in his shoes, we'd be the exact sort of club I'd want to move to (taking the fan bias out of the equation as much as possible).

What has Ødegaard done since his move to Madrid?

Would be keen as he's still young, and hopefully as learnt from that move. If I were in his shoes, we'd be the exact sort of club I'd want to move to (taking the fan bias out of the equation as much as possible).

Been loaned out to the Dutch league to get game time and experience mostly.

20 years old. 3.3 key passes per game. 5 goals and 6 assists. For a wide forward, also puts up decent interception and tackle stats too.

Only issue being Brooks costing double. He signed a new deal a month ago. You'd be looking at £60,000,000 for him.

In many ways, Brooks is at the perfect club now. He can develop there for a couple of years and then we go in for him.

Agree, we'd pay through the nose now.

James also has a history of being a bit of a dick. Punshed a guy at a nightclub because said guy did not know that he was a "famous" footballer.

There's also his anti spurs twitter history that makes part of us in the spurs fanbase iffy about him.
And has a face you'd never tire of slapping.

Fuck Maddison, get Grealish (also, we're throwing money away if we try to pry a player away from Leicester once they've made a name for themselves. The price would be crazy).

Then he will be off to city or united

Yep. That's always the risk. You hope that the new stadium and settled structure might help sell us.

I really do like Brooks. I think he's a that rare type of player who can pick the ball up deep and run at the defense, and do so effectively. He actually reminds me, in many ways, of Kane.

We need to buy young English talents before they establish themselves in the PL, like we did with Dele. We are not going to spend £50-60m on a young English player, we are not Man City.

We must be looking at the same youngsters as the other big clubs so I hope we start signing some of them this summer. If we can get Sessegnon and Grealish that would be a good start.

We need to buy young English talents before they establish themselves in the PL, like we did with Dele. We are not going to spend £50-60m on a young English player, we are not Man City.

We must be looking at the same youngsters as the other big clubs so I hope we start signing some of them this summer. If we can get Sessegnon and Grealish that would be a good start.

Bowen and Eze would also be smart too.

In many ways, Brooks is at the perfect club now. He can develop there for a couple of years and then we go in for him.

Agree, we'd pay through the nose now.
Too late for that. Too high profile for us now, we can't sign these players. We need/want to be like Dortmund and other clubs that are great at finding these great young players, before they burst onto the scene. Sadly our scouting department is either non-existent or absolute trash

If we get rid of foreign deadwood we can buy whoever we want not pay massively over the odds for homegrown shite.

Grealish with little top level experience for upwards of £40 million against Van De Beek, £30-£35million for a regular Dutch International who will be playing in the QF of the Champions League.

Seen a few reports that Juve aren't looking to sell but will entertain offers of £109m for Dybala.

Of course they're just reports so could be a load of made up none sense that has caught on. But, Unless he also would walk away for free next summer then we're kidding ourselves thinking we could get a similar figure for Eriksen.

Hate to say it but I think we'll see around £75-£80m if we're extremely lucky but I genuinely can see him going for about £45m -52m.

Should Alderweireld leave that would, at my best estimate, leave us with £100m so possibly around £125m transfer kitty

With the lower estimate that could be as low as £90m

Getting players like max Aaron's , Bowen , eze and then some young gems from abroad if we clear the foreign deadwood may not only be the best way to move forward again but the only one.

Even Sander Berge @ 25m is suddenly huge for us if we only have £70m

Difficult, anxiety inducing but also interesting window. I've lost a little faith recently but players like Foyth make me wander if we still have some of that old magic to see rough diamonds.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom