Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh right league quality, of course, that automtically makes International quality and Champions league quality null and void.

You've posted you wanted Grealish since last Summer, have a look back at your own posts and you'll find that.

So there you go, you don't have to be here all year now!

So youre judging your opinion on van de Beek based on 8 games he's played in the Champions League this season?

:dembelelol:

Fucking hell, we might aswell sign Dusan Tadic whilst we're at it too ey? Moussa Marega too for our striking options, more goals than Kane in this years competition. Need a new left back? Fuck it, Ismaily over at Shakhtar has had a good tournament.

The Eredivisie is a shite league. van de Beek has a few good seasons there, which equates to about having a good Championship season.

Luckily, I have seen van de Beek and know he is a good player. Nothing earth shattering, will never be world class but he'd be a good addition to our team, definitely.

Right, so you can't find any posts that say I would WANT Grealish over those specific players. Got ya. Didn't think so.

I think you'll find that what I did say is that I wouldn't be upset with the signing of Grealish. He's a good player. Would suit our team, meets the HG quota we desperately needed. I still wouldn't be upset with signing him. It'd likely mean Pochettino really wants him if we're after him for a second consecutive year and I'm happy with that. Most of those who didn't want Grealish have either a) never seen him play or b) looking at stats as a way of judging him.

Most of those who didn't want Grealish have either a) never seen him play or b) looking at stats as a way of judging him.
I call bullshit. He played against Spurs numerous time in the Prem. Most of us have seen him play, we just feel that he was overly hyped with respect to his actual performances, and that now that he's been in the Championship for a season or two (is it two, now?) it's a poor standard for how he would deliver for Spurs.

And if someone fucking mentions Dele coming up from League Two, I'm going to leap through this screen and bite their throat out.

Grealish: Wasn't quite good enough when he was in the Prem. Now that he's a step lower in the League structure, he looks a bit better - maybe - but people are divided.

Pass. Honestly, if we're going to raid Aston Villa, give me John McGinn, the ugly fucking Scot. FFS, at least people agree what position he's playing and is good at.

I call bullshit. He played against Spurs numerous time in the Prem.

Erm, just the once. A game in which Villa won at White Hart Lane. At least if you're calling bullshit, don't spout it yourself buddy.

Grealish: Wasn't quite good enough when he was in the Prem. Now that he's a step lower in the League structure, he looks a bit better - maybe - but people are divided.

Pass. Honestly, if we're going to raid Aston Villa, give me John McGinn, the ugly fucking Scot. FFS, at least people agree what position he's playing and is good at.

Bit odd.

He was 19 years old and started a whopping 7 games for Villa in the Premier League. Bare in mind at this time he was managed by someone who played Kyle Walker at right wing and Nacer Chadli in central midfield..

But yeah - I guess that's enough to judge a player nowadays.

Fair enough.

I call bullshit. He played against Spurs numerous time in the Prem. Most of us have seen him play, we just feel that he was overly hyped with respect to his actual performances, and that now that he's been in the Championship for a season or two (is it two, now?) it's a poor standard for how he would deliver for Spurs.

And if someone fucking mentions Dele coming up from League Two, I'm going to leap through this screen and bite their throat out.

. Btw. Grealish. Played about 30 Premier League games mainly off bench aged 19 or 20 before Villa were relegated so doubt you saw him play often against Spurs in Premier. league.

Few people here still clamoring for Grealish? Ffs

I still get upset we didn’t sign Ousmane Dembele when we had the chance 2 years ago. Spurs fan too and cocked that one up

Erm, just the once. A game in which Villa won at White Hart Lane. At least if you're calling bullshit, don't spout it yourself buddy.

Bit odd.

He was 19 years old and started a whopping 7 games for Villa in the Premier League. Bare in mind at this time he was managed by someone who played Kyle Walker at right wing and Nacer Chadli in central midfield..

But yeah - I guess that's enough to judge a player nowadays.

Fair enough.
You are irreparably full of shit. Steaming, hot horse-shit.

The Premier League itself records 34 appearances in the Premier League for Grealish, 19 of which were substitutions. A thin majority indeed, but a far cry from the absolute fucking horseshit that you're pulling out of thin air.

W1Pfutq.png

Last edited:
You are irreparably full of shit. Steaming, hot horse-shit.

The Premier League itself records 34 appearances in the Premier League for Grealish, 17 of which were substitutions. A thin majority indeed, but a far cry from the absolute fucking horseshit that you're pulling out of thin air.

W1Pfutq.png

Apologies, I only checked 14/15 as I had assumed Villa got relegated under Sherwoods tenure. Failing to realise it was the following season he got sacked and they got relegated.

Even then, he's started a whopping SIXTEEN league games as a 19/20 year old in a team constantly fighting relegation and played against Spurs a whopping TWO times. Two games you probably don't even remember.

And this constitutes him not being good enough for us? Because games you apparently watched of him 3 years ago? Villa are pretty big in the States, i hear.

UTtMjkJP_o.gif

So youre judging your opinion on van de Beek based on 8 games he's played in the Champions League this season?

:dembelelol:

Fucking hell, we might aswell sign Dusan Tadic whilst we're at it too ey? Moussa Marega too for our striking options, more goals than Kane in this years competition. Need a new left back? Fuck it, Ismaily over at Shakhtar has had a good tournament.

The Eredivisie is a shite league. van de Beek has a few good seasons there, which equates to about having a good Championship season.

Luckily, I have seen van de Beek and know he is a good player. Nothing earth shattering, will never be world class but he'd be a good addition to our team, definitely.

Right, so you can't find any posts that say I would WANT Grealish over those specific players. Got ya. Didn't think so.

I think you'll find that what I did say is that I wouldn't be upset with the signing of Grealish. He's a good player. Would suit our team, meets the HG quota we desperately needed. I still wouldn't be upset with signing him. It'd likely mean Pochettino really wants him if we're after him for a second consecutive year and I'm happy with that. Most of those who didn't want Grealish have either a) never seen him play or b) looking at stats as a way of judging him.

I was going to reply, but honestly, I'm not getting dragged into this tit for tat.

You jump from stance to stance and honestly, you make my head hurt.

Must sell/release
Vorm, Trippier, Wanyama, N'koudou, Janssen, Llorente

Sell if the offer is quite good and enough to bring in a better replacement
Davies, Sissoko
Llorente is good as bench option. Won't find better to do that job.

Sissoko has been one of the best players this season. That's just hating. Davies is solid back-up, don't think we can do better than him as 2nd option.

Celtic mate.

I think Leicester would rinse us for Chilwell - you'd be looking at spending £35,000,000 for a left back who can't really defend nor adds too much in terms of attacking output to justify spending that much on.
Chilwell isn't even better than Davies or Rose anyway. Neither is Tierney in my opinion.

Llorente is good as bench option. Won't find better to do that job.

Sissoko has been one of the best players this season. That's just hating. Davies is solid back-up, don't think we can do better than him as 2nd option.
Llorente is pointless unless we're going to play Rochdale, Stockport and Tranmere on weekly basis. That would require 2/3 consecutive seasons of back to back relegations though.

Wouldn't mind Sissoko as squad option tbh but if a very good offer comes for him like a 40m from chinese club we should take it imo and reinvest on younger and more talented replacement like Diawara or Cyprien.

As for Davies, there's literally nothing remarkable about his game, probably the most 'meh' player in the entire squad second only to Trippier. Wouldn't you replace him for a younger, dynamic LB?

Apologies, I only checked 14/15 as I had assumed Villa got relegated under Sherwoods tenure. Failing to realise it was the following season he got sacked and they got relegated.

Even then, he's started a whopping SIXTEEN league games as a 19/20 year old in a team constantly fighting relegation and played against Spurs a whopping TWO times. Two games you probably don't even remember.

And this constitutes him not being good enough for us? Because games you apparently watched of him 3 years ago? Villa are pretty big in the States, i hear.

UTtMjkJP_o.gif
He's bang average and his level is the Championship. There's a good reason why we have no Premier League competition to sign him. Another Berahino that we'll do well to swerve.

Renato Sanches: "I'm not happy here - I'm working hard but never get the chance to play. I have to play more, maybe at a different club. I'll think about that."

Possibly controversial (due to his stint as Swansea), but although he's had a huge fall from grace and it would be a big risk, I think there is an incredible amount of untapped potential in Renato Sanches. He seems very driven and determined to prove himself and I feel Poch could use that massively to do what he does best with young players

He might be a risk worth taking this summer for a CM spot to replace the qualities we lost with Moose, plus, seems like he would fit our mould of signing young players

Back
Top Bottom