Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Having skimmed those THST minutes, it seems to me that Daniel is being a clever cunt with his precise wording. 'Stadium not effecting transfer budget' is technically true if it's zero before and afterwards (with money coming from any sales).

Unfortunately, there is a risk that he's been penny wise and pound foolish - particularly if we manage to finish outside the top 4 despite our excellent position in January that could have been consolidated by a fresh face, as mentioned here...

The worrying thing is that I can't see us sorting the squad out properly even if we get a decent amount for Eriksen and the £25m for Alderweireld (that latter one is a fucking galling price to lose him at). Let's be optimistic and say we get £75m for an Eriksen with one year of his contract left, bringing it up to £100m for the two.

Janssen, N'Koudou, and whichever full back we inevitably end up flogging won't bring in that much extra on top.

Is that actually enough money to buy a Toby replacement, a top CM, a new full back, etc etc? Doubtful in today's market.
Exactly, it's so dishonest imo to say the stadium won't affect our net spend, when we haven't had any for 10 years. We won't be investing in the squad in the near future and our team desperately needs revamping now. Shit situation

Exactly, it's so dishonest imo to say the stadium won't affect our net spend, when we haven't had any for 10 years. We won't be investing in the squad in the near future and our team desperately needs revamping now. Shit situation

Levy was perfectly clear IMO. Significant transfer funds will only be available if we sell players, otherwise we are looking at the same £25m-ish budget that we spent on Lucas in January 18 and tried to spend on Grealish last summer. The club’s plan was to get big money for the trio of Rose, Toby and Dembele and now that won’t happen. Our failure to get big fees for those three has disrupted our transfer business much more than the stadium.

Levy was perfectly clear IMO. Significant transfer funds will only be available if we sell players, otherwise we are looking at the same £25m-ish budget that we spent on Lucas in January 18 and tried to spend on Grealish last summer. The club’s plan was to get big money for the trio of Rose, Toby and Dembele and now that won’t happen. Our failure to get big fees for those three has disrupted our transfer business much more than the stadium.
Can any of us say we are surprised by the levy bombshell can only spend from player sales is the levy mantra.
We can expect week's and week's of fucking around waiting for price to be agreed for player's out and the same on incomings, so I don't feel we can expect much in the way of quality to take us to next level staying top four is the end game.

I like Alasdair Gold, and he's usually on the money, but...

Aurier - sell
Trippier - keep

xmiedHe.gif

Even that was rather uncommitted.

Ultimately:

Sell those that can't get significant game time....?

Gee, thanks Al! :llorisunsure:

Last edited:
Jesus wept no this again. He's behind Brooks and Maddison in the packing order for a creative homegrown AM and he's 3 years older. And a twat on account of his haircut and shinpads.
Bit weird to judge a guy on the basis of his shinpads and his haircut. He comes across as a very nice guy compared to a guy like Maddison who seems like a cunt by all accounts

Bit weird to judge a guy on the basis of his shinpads and his haircut. He comes across as a very nice guy compared to a guy like Maddison who seems like a cunt by all accounts
I know little about Maddison but his Twitter account makes him come across as anything but a cunt. Constantly tweets about helping kids and just campaigned for a poor little girl who had cancer who he called his best mate. I'm sure his made mistakes but he comes across well on social media.

I know little about Maddison but his Twitter account makes him come across as anything but a cunt. Constantly tweets about helping kids and just campaigned for a poor little girl who had cancer who he called his best mate. I'm sure his made mistakes but he comes across well on social media.
James also has a history of being a bit of a dick. Punched a guy at a nightclub because said guy did not know that he was a "famous" footballer.

There's also his anti spurs twitter history that makes part of us in the spurs fanbase iffy about him.

Last edited:
May want to read these social media posts...

Again, people who have never seen a single minute of Grealish calling him an AM. I'm sure they do it on purpose. He's a completely different player to both of them. Like comparing Eriksen to Dembele.

Guess Maddison is better because he scores more goals. Jeez, you lot are starting to sound like that guy who had stats proving Sigurdsson was better than Eriksen for those exact reasons.

Anyway, this is the guy we should be getting in if Eriksen goes to Madrid.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom