Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BBC 'gossip' page.

Tottenham's 27-year-old Denmark playmaker Christian Eriksen, whose contract with the London club expires in summer 2020, is a target for Real Madrid and he has dreamed of playing for the Spanish club since he was a child. (Express)

Tottenham scouts were impressed after watching Benfica striker Jota, 19, in the Portuguese side's Europa League win against Dinamo Zagreb. (A Bola, via Sun)

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy says the club's summer transfer plans will not be affected by the cost of their new stadium. (ESPN)

BBC 'gossip' page.

Tottenham's 27-year-old Denmark playmaker Christian Eriksen, whose contract with the London club expires in summer 2020, is a target for Real Madrid and he has dreamed of playing for the Spanish club since he was a child. (Express)

Tottenham scouts were impressed after watching Benfica striker Jota, 19, in the Portuguese side's Europa League win against Dinamo Zagreb. (A Bola, via Sun)

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy says the club's summer transfer plans will not be affected by the cost of their new stadium. (ESPN)

Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb - Jota is ridiculously highly rated isn't he?

Think I heard he has a ridiculously high release clause though

Having skimmed those THST minutes, it seems to me that Daniel is being a clever cunt with his precise wording. 'Stadium not effecting transfer budget' is technically true if it's zero before and afterwards (with money coming from any sales).

Unfortunately, there is a risk that he's been penny wise and pound foolish - particularly if we manage to finish outside the top 4 despite our excellent position in January that could have been consolidated by a fresh face, as mentioned here...
Those trust minutes didn't exactly fill me with hope.
We're in with a real possibility of losing CL football and he seemed totally non fussed about our failure to strengthen. If we have no money then I'd suggest we have a problem because sooner or later others who are investing will catch up - see the scum this year. And I presume no CL means a massive loss in revenue which would leave us even further behind.

In the summer I'd love for us to go on a spending spree as the squad clearly needs strengthening and freshening up but it seems likely that there is no chance of that happening. Worrying times.
The worrying thing is that I can't see us sorting the squad out properly even if we get a decent amount for Eriksen and the £25m for Alderweireld (that latter one is a fucking galling price to lose him at). Let's be optimistic and say we get £75m for an Eriksen with one year of his contract left, bringing it up to £100m for the two.

Janssen, N'Koudou, and whichever full back we inevitably end up flogging won't bring in that much extra on top.

Is that actually enough money to buy a Toby replacement, a top CM, a new full back, etc etc? Doubtful in today's market.

I thought Jota was rated at the €70-90m mark myself.

Wtf is going on with some teams atm? Incredible scouting !!

Ajax
Benfica
Lyon
Salzburg/ Leipzig

That's 4 teams that have at least 3+ players being touted at around £80m.

Teams from abroad may see us the same way tbh

HES FUCKING REAL.

The next Musa Yahaya

lcxyE0D.gif

What did it say?

Was that Paraguayan Bolivian regenerated football manager player signing a "Spurs contract" apparently.
Ah, this picture here?

53873349_2245020692429019_2065467193033752576_n.png

Something about that looks fake as fuck to me. The text behind/on top of the body of the cockerel doesn't look right/legible at all, nor does the logo look centred (both implying photoshop chicanery). I also don't recall seeing a player sign a contract with such a bizarrely prominent Spurs watermark. For comparison, look at the photo Troy Parrott uploaded onto Twitter:

DykJ7g_UcAEaDfc.jpg:large

At first glance you might think it's blank pages of paper, but there is definitely text on there (and no enormous cock). This Bolivian literal who reeks of agent antics.

Ah, this picture here?

53873349_2245020692429019_2065467193033752576_n.png

Something about that looks fake as fuck to me. The text behind/on top of the body of the cockerel doesn't look right/legible at all. I also don't recall seeing a player sign a contract with such a bizarrely prominent Spurs watermark. For comparison, look at the photo Troy Parrott uploaded onto Twitter:

DykJ7g_UcAEaDfc.jpg:large

At first glance you might think it's blank pages of paper, but there is definitely text on there (and no enormous cock). This Bolivian literal who reeks of agent antics.

OK... Who here's behind this then?

Excellent int. break trolling. :llorishowudoin:

(...Then again, the signs are always there. First contract in the big-time.... You don't sign it wearing THAT vest!)

Having skimmed those THST minutes, it seems to me that Daniel is being a clever cunt with his precise wording. 'Stadium not effecting transfer budget' is technically true if it's zero before and afterwards (with money coming from any sales).

Unfortunately, there is a risk that he's been penny wise and pound foolish - particularly if we manage to finish outside the top 4 despite our excellent position in January that could have been consolidated by a fresh face, as mentioned here...

The worrying thing is that I can't see us sorting the squad out properly even if we get a decent amount for Eriksen and the £25m for Alderweireld (that latter one is a fucking galling price to lose him at). Let's be optimistic and say we get £75m for an Eriksen with one year of his contract left, bringing it up to £100m for the two.

Janssen, N'Koudou, and whichever full back we inevitably end up flogging won't bring in that much extra on top.

Is that actually enough money to buy a Toby replacement, a top CM, a new full back, etc etc? Doubtful in today's market.

First off, I don't think us not buying the last two windows was all down to Levy. We have literally no room in our squad for non HG players, largely because of some poor purchases sanctioned by Pochettino in the last three years.

As far as adding to the squad goes in January, If Poch would rather use a fucking pit pony like Sissoko, rather than take someone like Teilemans on loan, again, not all Levy's fault.

As far as Cb goes, we have the perfect TA replacement already here in Dier, very similar type of player, clearly not good enough for midfield, lets just move him back where he belongs. Then we also have Sanchez and Forth, not to mention players like Eyoma and Tanganga coming through.

I'd also sell Sissoko, Davies or Rose and Aurier or Trippier, which should raise another 50-60-75m, then spend the 200m or so we might raise on Brandt (20m release), Diawra (35m)Ndombele (60m), Sessegnon (35m), Fekir (55m)

You'd think that with not spending for 2 windows, you'd have a double transfer budget on the 3rd, but this is Levy's Spurs.

We have no money. Be lucky to get some cut price overweight lad from League 2.

Back
Top Bottom