Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would have been about 13 with a couple of mates and some sneeky under-age drinking. Gazza scored. Don't remember much of the game; just remember being park-lane lower and it being mental being pissed and moshing about for 90mins.

Held me in good stead for my foray into the thrash metal scene a year or so later. LOL
I was about 14. took buses from Croydon to Tottenham. didnt understand the victoria line existed.

I was already a metalhead at that point

Edit: FFS who put SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur in the bin? He may have been spouting borderline club propaganda but he didn't abuse anyone.
tenor.gif

Be thankful to levy and Enic mate. It’s not like the coach is the biggest source of our success in the last years. Without poch we would qualify 0 times to the champions league these years. And thank god literally, kane appeared in our ranks.

Many will have already acknowledged that Poch and the golden eggs of Harry & Dele have accelerated the progress of our much vaunted top-to-bottom club revamp (the "project").

You often hear the very argument that we're "ahead of schedule" from both Poch and those fans understanding of not being able to take financial leaps based on the stadium yet.

Last edited:
Can see there being a few renditions of "whatttt a waste of moneyy" ringing around stadiums this season..

Feckin stupid amounts being spent on bang average players who wont justify the price tag.

What pisses me the fuck off even more is I know we made a bid for zaha earlier in the window and I know we got encouragement from him that he wants to join.
Sometimes it just seems like we make bids without any real intention to sign the player.

You do?

IF we did, we (like roughly half this forum) obviously didn't like the rumoured £70m pricetag.

I was about 14. took buses from Croydon to Tottenham. didnt understand the victoria line existed.

I was already a metalhead at that point

Likewise, but didn't really get switched onto the rest of London and the gig scene until after a few more visits to the Lane. The distance from Essex and cost only made it possible here and there on paper round money.

Advent of the EPL fucked me rotten a couple of years later when the ticket prices shot up.

Dark times followed. Dined out on that FA cup win for fackin' years!

I think the main reason for no transfer business in this window is the net spent factor.
Levy has managed the net spent very nicely previously. This was due to the quality in the squad, he could sell players for good prices and hence having buying power for new signings.
However, his recent purchases in the likes of Llorente, Sissoko, Nkoudou, Janssen is been poor. Even with price inflation, those player's resale value hasn't improved or even gone down and hence no attractive offers if any.
Media were reporting that Levy wants around £50m plus for Toby and £25m plus for Dembele.
We didn't hear any offers. If Levy could have sold half of them, he could have had buying power to sign players as in previous seasons.

sigh....

apart from the fact that they are an american company formed by two brothers, Im gping yo take a punt that Chavski aint gonna emply a company owned by our chairman to do their catering...btw..the bit Ive bolded...are you 8?

edit: Im not the dyslexoc that was inside Airfixx Airfixx

Buggered again?

:carrollwtf::dier::pochfacepalm::lamelaaghh:

Why..because I have my own opinion that is not the same as yours..that is what I thought this forum was all about..plus I'm guessing u love Mr levy no matter what

Why? Well you're spouting shite for a start. "FFS....levy is a disgrace..we are a laughing stock.." do me favour. Mate, I understand you're upset and underwhelmed but your opinion and mine for that matter mean sod all. It's what Poch and his team think that matters and Poch says he is happy. He could have said he wasn't and would be snapped up by most of the top 10 clubs in the world, such is his reputation.

I watched the Debate on SKY last night with Parish, Bellamy and Strachan and they couldn't sing the praises of Spurs/Poch/Levy high enough.

Oh and as for Levy I am far from a fan.

I think we could have done with two or three top class signings, but I'm happy to see the kids getting a chance. My worry now is that we might lose Poch. He's a gentleman and a great diplomat but I believe he is bitterly disappointed about the lack of transfer dealings.

What makes you think that?

We didn't lose any of our great players
We didn't buy any great players

Poch needs to work his Magic and we will be well in the mix

Calm down man
Fair enough..but as a big club I would expect to keep our best players and buy some quality reinforcements. That is what all the other big clubs do, but we have become so used to letting big players leave that now it feels like we have achieved something when they stay.

Honestly, the best pubs in my town don't show the football. It's fucking bizarre

I try to avoid bars with TVs whenever I go out- unless I am specifically going out to watch football or some other american sport (rare occasion these days- NBA finals is about it). Spend enough time watching glowing monitors, try to focus on human beings when I'm drinking with them.

You do?

IF we did, we (like roughly half this forum) obviously didn't like the rumoured £70m pricetag.
Dunno about price...How much we bid...etc etc etc.

I know we made a bid...I know he wanted to come (this is prior to Chelski interest So dunno what he was thinking at that time)....And I know he was expecting us to bid again. I guess we didn't.

Back
Top Bottom