Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still a bit stunned that we haven't taken anbody in thought two,one at least but hey ho looks like we are going to promote with from our youth set up and if the manager is happy enough with that then fair enough we have to trust him! The one negative is that it gives certain members on here the excuse if one needed , to have a go if things go tits up! But a do think that the club/Levy/Poch whoever should make a statement regards the reasons why they haven't take taken anyone in whether it failed bids,awkward agents whatever think the fans should be told after all it's the fans money they are relying on.

Disappointed.

Still can't digest transfer window come and gone without a single signing.

Staying put while rivals sign and improve their squads is like going backward.

My new season ticket price is nearly double of last season, still I have to pay for the Fulham match at Wembley which am still debating.

I don't think we can win the PL or CL with current squad.

I can't be the only one calm about finishing in the top four this year?

You were calm a few weeks ago & said we would 100% be signing someone. Sorry if I don't have faith in your fortune telling.
We have made it a lot tougher on ourselves that's for sure. Its going to be close if we can get 4th now.

My only real concern is Chelsea. The cunts have a useful squad now, but here’s hoping Madrid swoop in again and teabag them for Hazard. Other than that, I think we’re still looking very strong.

FFS....levy is a disgrace..we are a laughing stock..this bloke only cares about money, not about our team or supporters..he has shown no ambition to improve our squad while everyone around us are actually trying to improve..but let me guess the he built us a stadium brigade will try to defend even this. He built a stadium to make more money, I heard today that the catering at the new stadium is apparently being done by Mr levys catering company..the season has not even started and I'm already not excited for the big kick off, nice one Mr chairman..i personally am sick of him, I have been since he employed the joke we all knew he was that is avb... I'm sure he is trying to make mopo leave then he can say well we tried to take the next step...i don't expect everyone to agree with me, but even I didn't expect to be starting this season feeling deflated before it starts...i love my club, just not the chairman
We didn't lose any of our great players
We didn't buy any great players

Poch needs to work his Magic and we will be well in the mix

Calm down man

Funny story, I met someone on holiday in Ibiza last week (or so), they were walking about in Santa Eulalia, the bloke wearing a Spurs casual top so I mention to my son about meeting fellow Spurs fans, turns out they are best mates with Winks' parents. He is the real deal and will be a great player for us.

I really am not bothered by not having bought anyone in at all, I think this first team with a few of the youngsters brought through will do just fine!

Levy told Modric to put a tampon in rather than sell to Chavs and that wasn't even a situation where a replacement would be unattainable. The idea that we'll sell anyone abroad with no way to bring players in is the stuff of legendary melters. There's absolutely no chance we'll sell anyone abroad in what remains of the window.

I'm quite disappointed you even included that caveat in your post....I think much more highly of you than to say something of that ilk.

I can’t see us selling someone like Eriksen, but I can absolutely see Levy selling someone like Rose. I’m not one of Levy’s biggest fans, and I haven’t forgotten the times he’s left us short.

5 years a go we were told if you spend £100m you should be winnin be league. Now teams are spending that to survive.

I’m not one to feign shock at football’s vulgarity, but there is something unpleasant about applauding a side for potentially wasting tens of millions in a ridiculously inflated market.

Still, good for Ladbrooks I guess.

And the transformation is complete
We are the new Woolwich
Looking for top 4 every year and the season will be a success if we get that every year
Fuck trophies , not interested in those
No interest in becoming winners from the board /ownership
As long as the cl revenue keeps rolling in , only they may have bitten off more than they can chew as we could easily find ourselves out of that magical top 4 come may
You could be forgiven for thinking we were bought by the dildo brothers this summer , the way we have conducted ourselves this summer has been West ham levels of farcical

You were calm a few weeks ago & said we would 100% be signing someone. Sorry if I don't have faith in your fortune telling.
We have made it a lot tougher on ourselves that's for sure. Its going to be close if we can get 4th now.

That's fine. Should mean less moaning from you now your expectations are at an all time low.

:adethumbup:

No idea, but he did say West Ham were closing the gap to us because they spent 100m (he failed to understand that they bought 100m worth of shite). Deserved to get binned for that comment alone.

That’s punishable by death let alone a binnng on a forum, and you are very much correct.. £100m on utter shit. Not one of those players would be of any use to us apart from cleaning the gold rim of the shithouse urinals in our new stadium.l

Back
Top Bottom