Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes exactly IF the manager is happy then fine we are no worse off than last season if anything better Toby is fit and Wanyama is also on mend so nothing lost only with Toby can we rely on him? It's in his own interests to give a 100%

True. He either has to suck it up and give 100% or get the Adebayor treatment or the Townsend treatment. It’s up to him.

> the Spursofficial account actually shuts the fuck up for a few hours around the deadline.
> new tweet notification.

> not an Eriksen contract.

5opc.gif

One thing to remember, how long will it be until all of these sugar daddies get fed up chucking money at manager after manager, player after player until they tighten their purse strings. We've seen Abramovic pull it in during recent years and Man City in a time where fees are reaching into the £100m's still only have a transfer record that's £10m more than Everton's & £18m higher than West Ham's

The owners of Everton, Wolves, Fulham, Villa etc will do what the others did. Chuck money the first couple of years, realise how hard it is to get to the next level, get tighter with their funds but also find themselves bound to long contracts when they signed shit that isn't HG to get their. If Bernard turns out to be pony who's going to sign him for the money he's on at Everton? The same goes for Seri, Mina, Richarlison etc. They acquired these players because they chucked more at them than anyone else would and the reason nobody chucked the kind of money they did at them is because other teams didn't deem them worth it. It may look good at the moment but if they don't work out and aren't as good as the big clubs globally think they are, they'll find themselves in a hole because their growth was too quick fix and not organic enough.

People slate Spurs but fuck them. If we'd have signed Ndombele for £50m and he turned out to be shit we'd have stitched ourselves up on the fee paid, on a future, realistic transfer fee and crippling wages that don't correlate the consistent pay of the squad. We were right to hold fire if we didn't find the right quality this time around and have kept the squad together to compensate for that. It's a prudent approach in a volatile, risky and potentially catastrophic market for certain teams that have rolled the dice. It really doesn't make sense taking risks when you're already a top 4 club

That's fine. Should mean less moaning from you now your expectations are at an all time low.

:adethumbup:
I said its gonna be close if we can get 4th. That's hardly all time low expectations. I was just pointing out you were very sure we were going to make signings. No need to be Mr grumpy.

Lloris
Vorm

Sanchez
Alderweireld Sanch-------ez Vertonghen
Carter-Vickers---------------------------Foyth

Dier
Wanyama
W--------------Rose
Trippier----------------------------Die-----------r--------------Rose
Walker-Peters----------------------------Dier--------------Davies

Eriksen
Lamela

Son---------------------------------------------Alli
Moura--------------------------------------N'Koudou
Kane
Llorente

Gazzaniga, Aurier, Dembele, Sissoko, Onomah, Winks, Janssen

Weird how people are happy to sell proven Prem players for a combined £100m (£50m Toby, £20m Moose & £30m Rose) and reinvest it in Zaha and Grealish (£65m and £35mn).

Lucky we have Levy to do our business and not internet experts.

I wonder what the spilt between FM/Sky and old school fans is like here.

I would be genuinely interested to know.

First game '90 vs Palace 1-1

I have Spurs sweatbands on my wrists. And a silk scarf that alternates hourly between being wrapped round my waist and being worn as a headband.

Big spurs patch on the knee of my jeans courtesy of slide tackling on concrete.

And the transformation is complete
We are the new Woolwich
Looking for top 4 every year and the season will be a success if we get that every year
Fuck trophies , not interested in those
No interest in becoming winners from the board /ownership
As long as the cl revenue keeps rolling in , only they may have bitten off more than they can chew as we could easily find ourselves out of that magical top 4 come may
You could be forgiven for thinking we were bought by the dildo brothers this summer , the way we have conducted ourselves this summer has been West ham levels of farcical

I think you might be going a little over the top there.

Actually, likening us to Woolwich and Wham is waaaay over the top. Turn your internet off, go for a walk, take in the surroundings, open you mind to the world a little...and relax.

Back
Top Bottom