Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Weird how people are happy to sell proven Prem players for a combined £100m (£50m Toby, £20m Moose & £30m Rose) and reinvest it in Zaha and Grealish (£65m and £35mn).

Lucky we have Levy to do our business and not internet experts.

Did we actually retain those players? Or have we banished them to the fringes of the squad for nothing?

Remains to be seen.

If Toby and Rose are never to kick a big-game football for Spurs again, we've made an absolute hash of the situation by not cashing in now, or earlier really.

I think we could have done with two or three top class signings, but I'm happy to see the kids getting a chance. My worry now is that we might lose Poch. He's a gentleman and a great diplomat but I believe he is bitterly disappointed about the lack of transfer dealings.

All the Levy haters who are bemoaning his lack of spending can't seem to equate it with the fact we didn't sell 3 top quality players and therefore didn't need to replace them.

I imagine they would have been happy to have sold them and replaced with players unproven in premier league.

They also want the finances both ways. On the one hand it is 'spend £65m on Zaha - it's only money afterall' - but on the other hand it's all 'oh no we are letting Dembele run down his contract and will miss out on £20m'.
gRVoWSC.jpg

The Parable of the Merchant
And it came to pass that a merchant set forth in search of fine raiment. Many sellers in the Market Place displayed the best of their wares. Some garments were practical, some durable and some elegant.
Alas none of these examples were suitable, or to the merchant's taste. However, many in the market spent money with abandon, often on unsuitable or 'fashionable' garments to appease their followers or to display their wealth.
Disappointed but in good heart, the merchant returned home. There he surveyed his business and was greeted warmly by his workers and his outstanding apprentices. He looked to the future, and found it to be bright, he found it to be Lillywhite.
Here endeth the lesson.

LMAO..

Why..because I have my own opinion that is not the same as yours..that is what I thought this forum was all about..plus I'm guessing u love Mr levy no matter what
sigh....

apart from the fact that they are an american company formed by two brothers, Im gping yo take a punt that Chavski aint gonna emply a company owned by our chairman to do their catering...btw..the bit Ive bolded...are you 8?

edit: Im not the dyslexoc that was inside Airfixx Airfixx

Notts County late 83. Archibald scored winner.

I would have been about 13 with a couple of mates and some sneeky under-age drinking. Gazza scored. Don't remember much of the game; just remember being park-lane lower and it being mental being pissed and moshing about for 90mins.

Held me in good stead for my foray into the thrash metal scene a year or so later. LOL

I would love to see or hear a statement from Poch and the club telling us what happened during the transfer window. It would put arguments one way or the other to bed.

It would also make me feel much happier if I knew that Poch had had his say in potentially not pursuing a transfer as the player was not who he wanted or someone he thought he could work with and play the system.
Worth reading this mate...........

Back
Top Bottom