Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is this actually true, or is this chinese whispers from some random ITK?

Not meaning to have a go, just genuinely curious. Levy says so little that I'd be surprised for him to come out with that.
It will probably end up jungle drum talk but i seem to remember it being talked about around that meet and greet he, poch and Hugo did earlier this season

A few West Brom players were mentioned on here before and weren’t greeted with joy. Is there any gold to be found in the relegation candidate teams?

Lemina at Southampton?
Antonio at West Ham?
Zaha at Palace?
Wilson at Bournemouth?

That’s my list I’d consider out of about 8 or 9 teams that could still go down. Any to add or take away?

I’d take Lemina and Wilson in a heart beat.

See we’re linked with De Ligt.. that’d be a brilliant signing.

What I would like for this summer is Poch using some of that charm of his (and Daniels cash) to lure the best offensive talent still so young they are playing in Argentina/Uruguay/Paraguay/Chile (or even Brazil) to us (two or three please).

I´m not into racial profiling, but by god there has come some football-talent out of that region the last decade or two.

Modric would be major signings.
oh-my-god.gif
Afraid we’re too small for that rat bastard

What I would like for this summer is Poch using some of that charm of his (and Daniels cash) to lure the best offensive talent still so young they are playing in Argentina/Uruguay/Paraguay/Chile (or even Brazil) to us (two or three please).

I´m not into racial profiling, but by god there has come some football-talent out of that region the last decade or two.

and then there was
SpursGilberto2ES_228x286.jpg

We really need to focus on getting at least 3rd. I’m not willing to rule out Liverpool and Woolwich winning the Champions League and Europa League. As much as there are better teams, they can sill win it.

Between Brexit and England's Home Office I don't see how Spurs would be able to get a work permit for them. That's why English clubs can't do that kind of talent shopping that Portuguese and Dutch clubs have been doing in that demographic.

Between Brexit and England's Home Office I don't see how Spurs would be able to get a work permit for them. That's why English clubs can't do that kind of talent shopping that Portuguese and Dutch clubs have been doing in that demographic.

Forgive my ignorance - but how did City get a work permit for Jesus then - he came from Palmeiras I think

Forgive my ignorance - but how did City get a work permit for Jesus then - he came from Palmeiras I think
It also took a fuck load of time. Jesus spent like 6+ months back in Brazil on loan before he could actually join City.

Signing players directly from South America is doable (we got Foyth last summer). But it can take a hell a lot of time due to administrative and bureaucratic processes

We really need to focus on getting at least 3rd. I’m not willing to rule out Liverpool and Woolwich winning the Champions League and Europa League. As much as there are better teams, they can sill win it.
Unless you think Chelsea is going to catch Liverpool it doesn't matter. Fourth is good enough. We should go for 2nd because 2nd is better than 3rd but for UCL qualification 2nd 3rd and 4th are all the same. England had five UCL teams this year because United won Europa. If the league table holds CIty, United and Spurs would qualify based on domestic position alone and Liverpool and Woolwich would take the spots reserved for the defending champs in the UCL group draw. We can have 5 just not six.

Yup. So, unless we can get into a situation like Foyth's, we're stuck going the Heung-Min Son/Davinson Sanchez route.
I honestly don’t know that I’m upset with that prospect. England has players that can be developed into top talent, and Spurs have a proven track record of doing so. I’d hate to become yet another club filling their academy ranks out with a ton of foreign hopefuls taking chances from the next Masons, Townsends, Winkses, KWPs, and Kanes. If we fill out the fringe places with young foreign talent then there’s no where for our own academy standouts to fit in.

Back
Top Bottom