Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

OK, so I've put together this list to get my head around this homegrown players thing... and, what's the problem?

21 players in this list
15 non-homegrown
6 PL homegrown
5 CL homegrown
4 u21s

GK; Hugo Lloris, Michael Vorm, Paulo Gazzaniga
LB; Kyle Walker-Peters, Danny Rose, Ben Davies
RB; Kieran Trippier, Foul Throw, Eric Dier, Kyle Walker-Peters
CBL; Ben Davies, Jan Vertonghen
CBR; Juan Foyth, Davidson Sanchez, Cameron Carter-Vickers, Eric Dier
DM; Victor Wanyama, Eric Dier
CM; Harry Winks, Mousa Dembele, Moussa Sissoko, Joshua Onomah
AM; Lucas Moura, Heung-Min Son, Eric Lamela, Dele Alli, Christian Eriksen
CF; Fernando Llorente, Son Heung-Min, Harry Kane

Based on these players leaving
Toby Alderweireld, George Kevin-N'Koudou, Vincent Janssen

When people say, "Don't worry if Toby leaves. We have Cameron Carter-Vickers and Eric Dier".

Dear me. Reality deniers. Dier looks a mess in defence without Toby next to him and CCV could barely cope with this summers friendlies. If Toby leaves we need a new CB.

We didn't have Toby for 33 of our 38 PL games last season and progressed further in the CL.

Man up, grow a pair and face the facts. He accepted a contract extension, and then like some half starved Oliver Twist, asked for more.

He no doubt now understands what it's like to be fucked by Levy, and i for one am losing zero sleep about it, nor apparently is Poch.

Hi all, I've been reading posts on this forum for most of the summer and thought it time I join in.
Regarding the transfer window, I have been waiting patiently hoping we do something just to kick us on.
Don't get me wrong, I have supported us many many hard years and am beyond happy with what have achieved over the past few seasons, in fact going back before Poch to Harry and Jol, I saw us really start to make progress.
I know we have our way of doing things and the stadium etc is part of the longer term plan but being in the Champions League for 3 seasons now I believe we could use a couple (not greedy) of quality players to help us push on. I love our 1st eleven but we need someone to come and help ease the burden. I think Harry and Son really struggled toward the end of last season. Saying that I think we are fine up top (for now at least) We need replacements for Dembele and Alderweireld.
If Toby leaves i think spend that money on De Ligt, could be a real prospect plus he's played with Sanchez.
For Mid I'd like to see Kovacic. With a Dembele sale we surely must have enough to at least try for £50-60 mill?
I know these don't help with the home grown quota but it's 2 in and 2 out, so no different.
Plus De ligt turns 19 on the 12th of Aug so if we get him now we will just JUST get him to play 3 years before he turns 22 to make him home grown for the future.
Anyway whatever happens COYS!

But it was literally you celebrating lol.

You can try to hide behind the sarcasm. But it’s clear you were more than happy to have lost so that you could have your moment of gloating.

It’s funny isn’t it.......deny being smug and satisfied after a defeat, yet lose a pre season friendly with a load of 17yr olds and it’s all “SEE YOU RETARDS WE NEED NEW PLAYERS!!!l

Imagine if we lose to Newcastle then.......

Like I said, deep down they’ll be on cloud nine

Hi all, I've been reading posts on this forum for most of the summer and thought it time I join in.
Regarding the transfer window, I have been waiting patiently hoping we do something just to kick us on.
Don't get me wrong, I have supported us many many hard years and am beyond happy with what have achieved over the past few seasons, in fact going back before Poch to Harry and Jol, I saw us really start to make progress.
I know we have our way of doing things and the stadium etc is part of the longer term plan but being in the Champions League for 3 seasons now I believe we could use a couple (not greedy) of quality players to help us push on. I love our 1st eleven but we need someone to come and help ease the burden. I think Harry and Son really struggled toward the end of last season. Saying that I think we are fine up top (for now at least) We need replacements for Dembele and Alderweireld.
If Toby leaves i think spend that money on De Ligt, could be a real prospect plus he's played with Sanchez.
For Mid I'd like to see Kovacic. With a Dembele sale we surely must have enough to at least try for £50-60 mill?
I know these don't help with the home grown quota but it's 2 in and 2 out, so no different.
Plus De ligt turns 19 on the 12th of Aug so if we get him now we will just JUST get him to play 3 years before he turns 22 to make him home grown for the future.
Anyway whatever happens COYS!

First of all welcome!

Second:

When we were beating Milan with our youth I was just happy to see our squad performing. I wasn’t thinking. “I CANT WAIT TO TELL THAT FUCKER FATABBOT WHAT AN ASSHAT HE IS FOR WANTING TO CUNT OFF LEVY”

They didn’t give a fuck about that game, because as you point out, it didn’t fit the agenda.
Pre season meaningless friendly against Milan’s kids I suppose......

But lose to Girona and relegation awaits and it’s PROOF the squad is shit

There was a PL team a few seasons ago who had to leave a player they'd only just signed as being unregistered because they'd fucked up the numbers, iirc Hull.

We either sign Grealish, or name another academy player, or use a 24 man squad.

I’m quite sure the club is comfortable with either option.

Anyone who thinks this is flying above the clubs head and we are going to get caught with our pants down must think Pochettino is an incompetent and careless manager who doesn’t know the rules.

Weird no one is saying that though

We either sign Grealish, or name another academy player, or use a 24 man squad.

I’m quite sure the club is comfortable with either option.

Anyone who thinks this is flying above the clubs head and we are going to get caught with our pants down must think Pochettino is an incompetent and careless manager who doesn’t know the rules.

Weird no one is saying that though

I think it should be pretty apparent that;

1. Expected bids for Rose, Alderweireld and Dembele haven't materialised
2. We have struggled to attract any bids for N'Koudou, Janssen, Sissoko, maybe some other fringe foreign quota players
3. 1+2 has meant our transfer targets are severely limited as we can only really sign home grown players without potentially wasting pretty big wages

Back
Top Bottom