Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

£60mil for Toby is a bargain.

He may be 29 but his game doesn't rely on pace. I can see Toby performing to a high level until he's 32-33 without much effort.

Say what you like, but his is an incredible defender and we are definitely weaker.

When people say, "Don't worry if Toby leaves. We have Cameron Carter-Vickers and Eric Dier".

Dear me. Reality deniers. Dier looks a mess in defence without Toby next to him and CCV could barely cope with this summers friendlies. If Toby leaves we need a new CB.

Art Vandelay Art Vandelay

When you’re watching the game next week with the same team that finished last season, and Newcastle get that last minute winner......a little glow will start in your belly won’t it. All the way out there in Willabong Springs, at 3 am on your porch, string vest and warm beer.

Rage will give way to self righteousness wont it.....

“At least I can show Sammy we needed signings ” after all. Every cloud plastic, every cloud.
Interesting tack this "I am the truest of true fans, my enjoyment of Spurs is the purest of the pure. No one can experience what I experience, only I attain these heights of Tottenham nirvana. All others, especially those who want to strengthen the team, shall be found wanting as I and I alone get ever closer to the godhead"

I say "interesting", what I really mean is sanctimonious, self-righteous, smug. Amazing that you accuse another poster of being "a tad arrogant" when arrogance drips from your every word, with your "you are below me oh plastic one" self-aggrandisement.

It's like listening to a demented religious fundamentalist, convinced that he and he alone truly understands the message, that his love of his lord is on a higher plane to others

Pathetic

When people say, "Don't worry if Toby leaves. We have Cameron Carter-Vickers and Eric Dier".

Dear me. Reality deniers. Dier looks a mess in defence without Toby next to him and CCV could barely cope with this summers friendlies. If Toby leaves we need a new CB.
If we play a flat 4 defence we won’t sign a center back. Sanchez vertonghen are the ones that will play and foyth will have loads of game time with dier as emergency backup I think. Sanchez was in last year to replace Toby already I think. At least the Toby money will be used for the midfield I hope. Still don’t like to sell to a rival. But Toby mentally checked out already last summer by not signing a new deal. He also fucked Southampton to come to us and now is our time to get some from the Belgian bastard. Once a cheater always a cheater.

If we play a flat 4 defence we won’t sign a center back. Sanchez vertonghen are the ones that will play and foyth will have loads of game time with dier as emergency backup I think. Sanchez was in last year to replace Toby already I think. At least the Toby money will be used for the midfield I hope. Still don’t like to sell to a rival. But Toby mentally checked out already last summer by not signing a new deal. He also fucked Southampton to come to us and now is our time to get some from the Belgian bastard. Once a cheater always a cheater.

Yep, he hardly played last season and when he did he was average at best. It’s not a massive problem.

We do, but I think we need a new centre half anyway as why would you want someone telling the world he'll run down his contract and leave playing for you?

I've said it repeatedly but I'll say it again. IMHO if we get De Ligt not only would it improve us, but it sends out a statement to the rest of Europe that we can get the players coveted by the continent's biggest boys.

However if reports are to be believed, Jose is now fully after the discount Elvis impersonator ore than Toby.

Yep, he hardly played last season and when he did he was average at best. It’s not a massive problem.
He is a massive player no doubt. But he didn’t give a fuck about us last season. And Poch clearly didn’t rate him when he came back from injury in the later part of the season. A shame what happen. But it makes little sense to keep him and losing him for peanuts in a year.

If we play a flat 4 defence we won’t sign a center back. Sanchez vertonghen are the ones that will play and foyth will have loads of game time with dier as emergency backup I think.

If either Jan or Sanchez gets injured we're relying on two 20 year old's and Eric Dier. For a team who wants to challenge for titles and cups, that prospect worries me. Imagine if Jan gets injured in a Champions League semi final and we have to bring one of these on.

All three of those players are right footed. If Jan gets injured playing a right footed player as LCB doesn't end well. IMO we need a LCB.

For the record I think Foyth is good enough to come into the team.
I think Dier is a poor defender.
I think CCV won't make it with us.

If the deal is only £60mil I feel we got ripped off, but needs must I guess.

Sky are now saying United are going back in for Maguire and he's Mourinho's no 1 choice.....

Nothing's done yet and no one knows anything.

Even if it's a good deal for us and this sounds petty I really want United to want Toby but not be able to get him cause we tell them to fuck off if Martial's not involved.

They're the kinda fans who think they've a God given right to take our players.

Don’t you feel a tad arrogant to think that because you are plastic and fairweather and a shit fan, that means that every other foreign fan must be?

I said your support is shit. The Danish guy next to you may be a real fan though.
Nothing to do with nationality....there are plenty of English fans on here too that are plastic as fuck.

Who will you support next week?
Spurs or your agendas?

What will be worse for you?
Signing no one and we do shit up til January, thus proving you right?

Or we sign no one, sit top at Christmas and every day for the next 5 months put up with me rubbing our squad and success in your faces?

You will say you want Spurs to win regardless of no transfers......but when each of you step away from the keyboard, where the likes and funnies don’t matter, you all know that deep down, a little part of you would want us to do shit.

You don’t want Sissoko to come good, or Lamela to score 22 goals.

You want Ndombele and Zaha.
There's a difference between not believing players will come good and not wanting them to. I realize that we don't have the luxury of pinning our hopes on Sissoko and Lamela finally coming good after 2 and 4 seasons respectively. We have the best Tottenham team in my lifetime, probably the best team in god knows how many years. We have key, world class players that will soon be entering their prime. We need to bring in players that can contribute to the team now and in the next few years. I'm all for developing youth and I follow and support our academy (unlike you who just talks about, but really doesn't know anything), but it's no good to pin all your hopes on youth players that will only really start to contribute to the team when the likes of Kane and Eriksen are retiring.

Don't get your point about foreign fans, you told me I can't be a true Tottenham fan because I was born in England or brought up in London. Mate come on, you hate foreigners and you know it

£60mil for Toby is a bargain.

He may be 29 but his game doesn't rely on pace. I can see Toby performing to a high level until he's 32-33 without much effort.

Say what you like, but his is an incredible defender and we are definitely weaker.
I don't mind seeing him go to United if Martial comes the other way. If we only get money in return and spend that on Grealish, I'll be livid

Meanwhile, all they are doing is wishing happy birthdays on the official Twitter and Instagram account... but nobody's going to laugh anymore on January 31, 2019, when we will be 'celebrating' our 'One year transfer-free anniversary'.

By the way, don't you think Levy may be mistaking 'transfer-fee objectives' with 'transfer-free objectives'?
:levywtf:
Damn, this remote done-deal sensation does feel as bad as one becoming virgin again...
:dierno:

Back
Top Bottom